OU is not a blue blood

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

w0lfe

Wrangler
Aug 23, 2010
Texas has talent too, and it has lost at least 4 games a season for over a decade(10 years in a row for OU fans who have trouble with big words).

OU was a big deal once upon a time, as was nebraska and miami. OU is doing much better than the Huskers and Miami, but its days are numbered, just like Michigans and PSU. You just got boat raced. LSU set offensive records against your defense(pitiful defense, Rutgers like defense) and the blood bath could have been even more comical had LSU not called off the dogs.

OU is a good team, but a 7-5 team in the SEC west, and that's being kind. Had you played LSU's schedule with oregon substituted for OU, you'd be lucky to only have 5 losses. I doubt you beat Gators or Auburn, and Ole Miss ran for over 400 yards on LSU's defense, so we know what RROD would have done against OU's soft defense. You may have outscored Ole miss, and then again, you may not have. Clemson would have been another beatdown, UGA a loss, @ Bama would have been ugly. you get my point.
Don't "you" me in this... I'm not a fan, but anyone stupid enough to say their days are numbered or that they aren't a power is an idiot. It honestly sounds like you have some major inferiority complex towards ou. Face it, we're going to kick your team all over the field next year, ou will do the same on your home field, and you'll lose a couple others in there too. It's a pipe dream if you think WVU is anywhere near the top 4 of the league. We'll see what Texas does with their staff hires... If they get their stuff together, they'll drag you too. I hate defending all these other teams, but your opinions are in left field and you state them like they're facts. Everyone in this league should be concerned that the blue blood has made changes and is recruiting at a level that will only cause improvement, and their young coach isn't going anywhere. This season will define Herman at Texas, and if these staff changes don't work, he's gone at the end of the year. One can only assume that their time of mediocrity can't go much longer. WVU isn't a threat or concern of anyone in this league.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Texas has talent too, and it has lost at least 4 games a season for over a decade(10 years in a row for OU fans who have trouble with big words).

OU was a big deal once upon a time, as was nebraska and miami. OU is doing much better than the Huskers and Miami, but its days are numbered, just like Michigans and PSU. You just got boat raced. LSU set offensive records against your defense(pitiful defense, Rutgers like defense) and the blood bath could have been even more comical had LSU not called off the dogs.

OU is a good team, but a 7-5 team in the SEC west, and that's being kind. Had you played LSU's schedule with oregon substituted for OU, you'd be lucky to only have 5 losses. I doubt you beat Gators or Auburn, and Ole Miss ran for over 400 yards on LSU's defense, so we know what RROD would have done against OU's soft defense. You may have outscored Ole miss, and then again, you may not have. Clemson would have been another beatdown, UGA a loss, @ Bama would have been ugly. you get my point.
Nolaeer's bringing back the Herp Derp. :derp:

Sep 9, 2013
CFN's head coach rankings(I think they have him WAY too high).

72. Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma
5 Thoughts on the Peach Bowl
LSU 63, Oklahoma 28
Yeah, Oklahoma ran into a buzzsaw, but Riley is one of the best coaches in the business, he’s supposed to be the offensive innovator, and the score was 49-14 at halftime. LSU might have been special, but this overall performance wasn’t okay.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

LSU 63, Oklahoma 28
Yeah, Oklahoma ran into a buzzsaw, but Riley is one of the best coaches in the business, he’s supposed to be the offensive innovator, and the score was 49-14 at halftime. LSU might have been special, but this overall performance wasn’t okay.
Uh, his innovation GETTING that team to the playoff, with the worst QB he's had thus far.

Like OU or not, this is an asinine "ranking."

LSU 63, Oklahoma 28
You truly think Neal Brown>Lincoln Riley, don't you? Good stuff.

Apr 13, 2007
Neal Brown beat LSU and really beat Clemson but had the game stolen. This while at Troy. Both times at Death Valley.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
If we are soft, what is everyone else in the conference?

You can't deny the fact that our defense was much improved this year.
OU's defense was better but still soft. Unfortunately so is the rest of the conference. Pretty blah year for the Ole Big12.
The LSU game had a lot to do with depth issues on defense that an elite offense can exploit. It also made obvious that Hurts kinda made the offense one dimensional, despite posting good passing numbers.

It was a rebuilding year in which OU won the Big 12, went to the playoff, and sent Riley’s worst QB to a Heisman ceremony.

But yeah, OU is trending downwards, spiraling out of national relevancy, yada yada yada....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
The LSU game had a lot to do with depth issues on defense that an elite offense can exploit. It also made obvious that Hurts kinda made the offense one dimensional, despite posting good passing numbers.

It was a rebuilding year in which OU won the Big 12, went to the playoff, and sent Riley’s worst QB to a Heisman ceremony.

But yeah, OU is trending downwards, spiraling out of national relevancy, yada yada yada....

...& also another year where the nation watched them get their ass kicked & look like they didn't belong on the field.

Take a victory lap!

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

...& also another year where the nation watched them get their ass kicked & look like they didn't belong on the field.

Take a victory lap!
I get the warm and fuzzies so much more by going to a playoff and losing than winning a non-championship bowl game. It means you’re heading in the right direction.

Sep 9, 2013
You truly think Neal Brown>Lincoln Riley, don't you? Good stuff.
No, I KNOW that neal brown > Lincoln Riley. While at troy NB beat LSU in baton Rouge, ending its 65 game home ooc streak, he beat Huskers in Lincoln, and he almost beat clemson the year they won the title in Death valley(in fact ACC refs cheated him or he would've beaten them too.). That was with troy talent.

He's now at WVU, and had WVU's best ever recruiting year despite having been in morgantown less than a year. WVU pays its analysts more than any other team in college football(yes more than LSU). That started under neal brown. WVU just shelled out over a million to steal PSU's recruiting coordinator and he was the lead recruiter on several WVU targets. It will take him to 2021 to rebuild the roster, but yes, he doesn't shit his pants on the big stage like Lincoln Riley.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
No, I KNOW that neal brown > Lincoln Riley. While at troy NB beat LSU in baton Rouge, ending its 65 game home ooc streak, he beat Huskers in Lincoln, and he almost beat clemson the year they won the title in Death valley(in fact ACC refs cheated him or he would've beaten them too.). That was with troy talent.

He's now at WVU, and had WVU's best ever recruiting year despite having been in morgantown less than a year. WVU pays its analysts more than any other team in college football(yes more than LSU). That started under neal brown. WVU just shelled out over a million to steal PSU's recruiting coordinator and he was the lead recruiter on several WVU targets. It will take him to 2021 to rebuild the roster, but yes, he doesn't shit his pants on the big stage like Lincoln Riley.
Go tell all that to Texas. They need to know that.

Dec 20, 2015
SW OKLA

What has West Virginia ever won?

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
What has West Virginia ever won?
The list is quite impressive:

West Virginia Mountaineers NCAA team championships[edit]

West Virginia has won 20 NCAA team national championships.[6]
  • Men's (1)
    • Boxing (1): 1938 (unofficial)
  • Co-ed (19)
    • Rifle (19): 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aug 16, 2012
The list is quite impressive:

West Virginia Mountaineers NCAA team championships[edit]

West Virginia has won 20 NCAA team national championships.[6]
  • Men's (1)
    • Boxing (1): 1938 (unofficial)
  • Co-ed (19)
    • Rifle (19): 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
The post itself is meh....

but that gif is a RIOT!!!!!

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

Sorry, but you don't KNOW $hit about Brown vs. Riley.

Sep 9, 2013
What has WVU won? Well three BCS bowls since 2007. How many has OU won? How many have other Big 12 teams won in that time frame?

How about WVU beating ACC champion Clemson 70-33. A game where Gruden said WVU could have scored a 100 if it hadnt called off the dogs in the 3rd quarter. How many times has OU ran Clemson off the field since they had Dabo? How about WVU beating SEC champion Georgia in the georgia Dome, basically a home game for them. Sugar was in Atlanta that year bc of Katrina. How about WVU beating OU in the Fiesta like a redheaded step child? WVU has also played for a national title twice in football, but lost to Notre Dame in one, and gators in the other.

In hoops WVU lost in the title game by a single point, has been to numerous final fours, elite 8's and sweet 16s.

Anyway, WVU isnt pretending to be an elite school, like OU. WVU knows it's a top 25 type program when it has a good coach, and a top 5 program with a very good coach(RROD finish 3 straight years in top 10, 2 of which were in the top 5).

You know what, OU isnt a blue blood, it's a tired blood. Despite having historically great qbs the last 3 seasons all they have to show for it is 3 ass kickings.

Feb 4, 2016
florida
What has WVU won? Well three BCS bowls since 2007. How many has OU won? How many have other Big 12 teams won in that time frame?

How about WVU beating ACC champion Clemson 70-33. A game where Gruden said WVU could have scored a 100 if it hadnt called off the dogs in the 3rd quarter. How many times has OU ran Clemson off the field since they had Dabo? How about WVU beating SEC champion Georgia in the georgia Dome, basically a home game for them. Sugar was in Atlanta that year bc of Katrina. How about WVU beating OU in the Fiesta like a redheaded step child? WVU has also played for a national title twice in football, but lost to Notre Dame in one, and gators in the other.

In hoops WVU lost in the title game by a single point, has been to numerous final fours, elite 8's and sweet 16s.

Anyway, WVU isnt pretending to be an elite school, like OU. WVU knows it's a top 25 type program when it has a good coach, and a top 5 program with a very good coach(RROD finish 3 straight years in top 10, 2 of which were in the top 5).

You know what, OU isnt a blue blood, it's a tired blood. Despite having historically great qbs the last 3 seasons all they have to show for it is 3 ass kickings.
Are you not entertained?!

1579277217523.png