Pat Jones = Blow hard

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 5, 2007
Planet earth
16 - my point was that it looks like Pat could have figured a way to get both those guys (Thurman and Barry) into the game at the same time. How many times have you heard coaches say you need to get the ball in the hands of the guys who can make plays. Barry was on the bench more than he was on the field during his first two years here. BTW, how old are you?
I'm 35, went to lots of games in 1987 when Barry rushed for 622 yards (9 rushing touchdowns), averaged 16.2 yards per punt return and 31 yards per kick return.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/barry-sanders-1.html

Considering the pressure of being a punt returner for a highly ranked team as we were in 1987 (finished the season 9-2, ranked #11), it's not like Barry was wasting away on the bench (he was a 1st team All American kick returner).

Anyone who saw Barry play in 87 knew he was going to be very good, but nobody thought he was going to be the best running back of all time. (which he is)

It's not like Barry was playing behind Nathan Simmons!! haha

Jul 25, 2011
Physical characteristics aside, it would take too long to get the entitlement out of any goon player for them be any good in our system.

Bruce Wayne

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Banned
Mar 12, 2012
Most OU fans wouldn't take an established, conference winning, bcs bowl winning, first round draft pick QB (Landry) over Blake Bell. They dam sure wouldn't take Lunt or Walsh.

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
No OU fans would take Lunt over Bell. You're delirious.
Rivals Rating4 stars

JW Walsh, Denton Texas

RANKING
POSITION NATIONAL STATE
4 86 11
Rivals Rating 5.9

Rivals Rating4 stars

Blake Bell, Wichita Kansas

RANKINGS
POSITION NATIONAL STATE
6 126 2
Rivals Rating 5.9

So basically JW and Bell are about the same as prospects and Chelf has better passing numbers in real live games overall than either... yet PJ says we would trade them BOTH and our starter for the #2 guy a ou...That's the Hight of pandering to the ou fanbase and just a flat out uninformed and stupid comment.

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
Most OU fans wouldn't take an established, conference winning, bcs bowl winning, first round draft pick QB (Landry) over Blake Bell. They dam sure wouldn't take Lunt or Walsh.
Wow. You honestly think Blake Bell gives Oklahoma a better chance of winning than Landry Jones?

And who exactly is the delirious one now?

Jul 29, 2004
Tulsa
People who want to be artists but don't have an ounce of talent become critics. Coaches who no longer know how to coach the game because it has passed them by become analysts.

Bruce Wayne

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Banned
Mar 12, 2012
Wow. You honestly think Blake Bell gives Oklahoma a better chance of winning than Landry Jones?

And who exactly is the delirious one now?

Did I ever say that? No. You apparently can't read. Not once did I lump myself in with MOST of OU fans.

And I've been reading on here for months how you Cowboys think Bell WOULD give them a better chance.

Bruce Wayne

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Banned
Mar 12, 2012
Rivals Rating4 stars

JW Walsh, Denton Texas

RANKING
POSITION NATIONAL STATE
4 86 11
Rivals Rating 5.9

Rivals Rating4 stars

Blake Bell, Wichita Kansas

RANKINGS
POSITION NATIONAL STATE
6 126 2
Rivals Rating 5.9

So basically JW and Bell are about the same as prospects and Chelf has better passing numbers in real live games overall than either... yet PJ says we would trade them BOTH and our starter for the #2 guy a ou...That's the Hight of pandering to the ou fanbase and just a flat out uninformed and stupid comment.
Are we talking about as High School prospects or College football players? I concede the fact that they were rated the same coming out of high school. Bell is obviously better than Walsh if he can't win the starting job over a freshman who's been there for only four and half months.

And of Course Chelf has better passing numbers. He threw the ball more. All you have to go by Lunts ability is what he did this spring and Bell showed out just as much as Lunt did so don't say he can't throw.

Orangendn

Territorial Marshal
Nov 17, 2004
El Reno, OK
When Barry Sanders first stepped on campus he was 160 lbs. Barry played at 205 his junior year when he won the Heisman. So there was definitely some growing that Barry needed to get done before he was big enough to take hits.

A person could definitely say that OU's starting running back would be fourth or fifth team at OSU. OU would trade all of their running backs for Randle, Smith or Sims. And this despite OU's running back very well will be a preseason all-conference pick. But if Randle, Smith or Sims were at OU they would be a preseason all-conference pick too. It is a bit of an embarrassment on OU's part that a walk-on beat out all their highly-recruited running backs. And it's not like the walk-on is Adrian Peterson or Billy Sims, he's not even Demond Parker. Average walk-on beat out OU's average recruits. That is what happened.

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
Yeah, actually, you did, or have you forgotten so quickly?

Most OU fans wouldn't take an established, conference winning, bcs bowl winning, first round draft pick QB (Landry) over Blake Bell.
You apparently can't read.
Or apparently you can't form a coherent argument.

And I've been reading on here for months how you Cowboys think Bell WOULD give them a better chance.
Prove it.

Find one instance of a Cowboy fan saying they would rather have Blake Bell than any of Oklahoma State's quarterbacks currently on the roster and I will gladly eat my words.