Perrish Cox Welcomed with Open Arms

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 18, 2006
SEC country :(
I know some probably want to forget that Perrish Cox played at OSU, but thought I'd post this anyway:
Perrish Cox Welcomed with Open Arms

Despite being out of football for all of last year, Perrish Cox watched most of the San Francisco 49ers’ 2011 season.
In between the time he spent handling personal legal issues, the former fifth-round draft pick of the Denver Broncos in the 2010 NFL Draft routinely had his television set to 49ers games.

It was for good reason.

Cox wanted to keep tabs on former Oklahoma State teammate Kendall Hunter, San Francisco’s fourth-round pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. Besides staying in shape for another chance in the NFL, Cox intently watched his close friend stick his nose into improbable holes only to see the 5-foot-7 runner come out the other side unscathed. Cox saw Hunter rush for just about every one of his 473 yards as a rookie, too.

The two were tight during their time in Stillwater, Okla., where they played two seasons together on competitive Cowboys teams.

“Great dude,” Cox said of the young 49ers running back. “We hang together now like we did at O-State. He’s a great player. He’s shorter than everybody, but other than that, he’s got a big heart.”

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
There's something a little fishy about the latest turn in this thread, but I can't quite figure it out.:unsure::whistle:

OrangeSpidey

Einstein
A/V Subscriber
Dec 11, 2004
Edmond, OK
He's been signed by the SF 49ers. That's in the NFL.

(Dogpile on the poor sap who missed the point of the OP!!!!!)
The point of my post was not that he hasn't or isn't going to play, but more along the lines of pointing out the fact that he has a history of doing dumb things that keep him out of football.

I was just bedowngrading Cox by aping the previous post and changing to "NFL" since he basically hasn't changed and is arguably worse now. "Second verse, same as the first."

Maybe it was presumptuous of me that people would get that or maybe it was premature of others to try to be the first to jump on someone?

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
The point of my post was not that he hasn't or isn't going to play, but more along the lines of pointing out the fact that he has a history of doing dumb things that keep him out of football.

I was just bedowngrading Cox by aping the previous post and changing to "NFL" since he basically hasn't changed and is arguably worse now. "Second verse, same as the first."

Maybe it was presumptuous of me that people would get that or maybe it was premature of others to try to be the first to jump on someone?
First, you aren't cute by saying "bedowngrading", second, you aren't cute by downgrading a man for getting another chance. Third, being obnoxious is good enough reason for getting dogpiled in a post.

Why you gotta mimic the critics? You need more orange Koolaid in your diet.

Aug 28, 2010
OKC
Since hes' not in prison right now, we should consider him someone that Gundy puts up on his wall of NFL players that he shows recruits.

OrangeSpidey

Einstein
A/V Subscriber
Dec 11, 2004
Edmond, OK
First, you aren't cute by saying "bedowngrading", second, you aren't cute by downgrading a man for getting another chance. Third, being obnoxious is good enough reason for getting dogpiled in a post.

Why you gotta mimic the critics? You need more orange Koolaid in your diet.
No one is trying to be cute here. Bedowngrade is a perfectly acceptable term on this site and is, in most cases the preferred one. Perhaps it is you that needs more orange koolaid? I'm just trying to lighten the conversation here from the "attackers" (read: you).

I'm mostly a sunshine pumper, I'm glad that Cox is getting a second chance, but at the same time, I am not expecting him to keep his nose clean. Unfortunately, this does not agree with your opinion on the matter. So that makes me a "not cute, obnoxious critic."

May 2, 2011
Edmond, OK
No one is trying to be cute here. Bedowngrade is a perfectly acceptable term on this site and is, in most cases the preferred one. Perhaps it is you that needs more orange koolaid? I'm just trying to lighten the conversation here from the "attackers" (read: you).

I'm mostly a sunshine pumper, I'm glad that Cox is getting a second chance, but at the same time, I am not expecting him to keep his nose clean. Unfortunately, this does not agree with your opinion on the matter. So that makes me a "not cute, obnoxious critic."
Since we are making up words... Scrumchulescent...