Pokes (10-9) Loses 81-84. Cowboys are 3-5 in conference. Next up Florida Gators. SATURDAY.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
That’s what they get for playing pathetic defense. Turning it over at the end of regulation twice and then at the end of ot. 0 defensive adjustment. Bad coaching strikes again.

And Iowa state won’t shoot like that the rest of the year. 53% on 80-90% jumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
Anyone know the definition of basket interference? Does any part of the ball in the cylinder count? Does the majority of the ball have to be in the cylinder for it to count? Because most of the ball was outside the cylinder when Cisse dunked it in.

Any part of the ball in the cylinder and it is considered interference.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Just a ridiculous loss. Terrible defense, unbelievable.

Defense wasn’t great but ISU was also throwing up some BS and having it go in.
I saw A LOT of wide open shots, a lot of wide open 3’s. Allowed them to get in a rhythm early and paid for it the rest of the game.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Anyone know the definition of basket interference? Does any part of the ball in the cylinder count? Does the majority of the ball have to be in the cylinder for it to count? Because most of the ball was outside the cylinder when Cisse dunked it in.

I believe if it’s still over the cylinder it is considered interference.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Boynton has A LONG ways to go on his in game management. No reason to lose that game at home. Offense a mess, defense clueless tonight. Allowed the opposing team to get in a rhythm offensively and never recovered.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Coach, on the post game radio interview said the team competed at a high level. Yet they allowed an opposing opponent to shoot 53% from the floor and 43% from 3. Does not appear to be competing at a high level.

Dec 9, 2013
Boynton has A LONG ways to go on his in game management. No reason to lose that game at home. Offense a mess, defense clueless tonight. Allowed the opposing team to get in a rhythm offensively and never recovered.

He is 34-46 in conference games. That’s an 80 game sample to this point.

He either recruits good and coaches bad
Recruits bad and coaches ok
Or recruits ok and coaches bad

What other answer is there?

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008

It seems like everyone we get forgets how to shoot a basketball. For one reason or another. It’s almost like when they get in close games they have 0 confidence they can win. They are always just trying to hang on until the clock hits 0:00

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK

It seems like everyone we get forgets how to shoot a basketball. For one reason or another. It’s almost like when they get in close games they have 0 confidence they can win. They are always just trying to hang on until the clock hits 0:00

They seem to be so focused on “dribble drive” offense they do not run an offensive set to get the defense out of position to get an open shot. Just look at the isu offensive possessions in ot tonight. They moved the ball until OSU was out of position on defense and had an open, uncontested shot.

Have not seen a structured offense at OSU in years.

ArizonaPoke

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 25, 2011

He has been good at recruiting athletes who play basketball. He hasn’t shown an ability to consistently develop these athletes into fundamentally sound players nor has he been able to instill much basketball savvy into their game.

Last year Kalib Boone had the highest field goal percentage in OSU history. This year his minutes are astonishingly low. Anderson has been a shell of himself with the exception of tonight. MAM is a wrecking ball trying to plow through any defender in his way. ICE is just barely developing a 5 foot jump shot after 4 years of playing. MAM may be following in these footsteps as well because I don’t think I have ever seen MAM take a jump shot. So we have two players that can’t take a jump shot. Think how strange that is. Two players with no jump shot. That is a red flag by itself. Completely limits their offensive effectiveness.