Pokes suck

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
I bet Oklahoma misses out on it. Guarantee it’ll be LSU, Clemson, tOSU and either Oregon or Utah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it's Oregon, maybe. They are (a bit of) a name and have a star player. If it's Utah, I don't see it. I think OU will have SOS advantage over both of them and probably should be taken above both.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
If it's Oregon, maybe. They are (a bit of) a name and have a star player. If it's Utah, I don't see it. I think OU will have SOS advantage over both of them and probably should be taken above both.
by the time the season is over the goons will have played two, maybe three, teams in the top 25. SOS is not going to be a factor

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
by the time the season is over the goons will have played two, maybe three, teams in the top 25. SOS is not going to be a factor
But Utah will have played only one (Oregon). Oregon will have played two, but with one loss and potentially one win. Advantage OU. And with their advantage in the helmet sticker department, I think they would get in over Utah or Oregon.

But, it may come down to OU or Alabama, each with one loss. I could definitely see the committee going with Alabama there with wins over Auburn, aTm, and a close loss to LSU. But with Tua out, who knows how they will view them.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
But Utah will have played only one (Oregon). Oregon will have played two, but with one loss and potentially one win. Advantage OU. And with their advantage in the helmet sticker department, I think they would get in over Utah or Oregon.

But, it may come down to OU or Alabama, each with one loss. I could definitely see the committee going with Alabama there with wins over Auburn, aTm, and a close loss to LSU. But with Tua out, who knows how they will view them.
Let's not forget the all important Tournament Failure Fatigue factor or TFF factor.