Portal News

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
Now they are saying Mason was fired by Auburn today. OSU hasn’t offered him the job and the regents are meeting today and it is not on their agenda to approve.
That' not true. You can't legally say someone was "fired" when it's not true, bc that's slander. Most HR professionals merely confirm that so-and-so worked here between these days and that's it, for that reason. Auburn just announced he left their program. There's a big difference.

What's obvious is Mason will either be DC at OU, Notre Dame, or Miami... and not Auburn.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
That' not true. You can't legally say someone was "fired" when it's not true, bc that's slander. Most HR professionals merely confirm that so-and-so worked here between these days and that's it, for that reason. Auburn just announced he left their program. There's a big difference.

What's obvious is Mason will either be DC at OU, Notre Dame, or Miami... and not Auburn.

OU?

Dec 2, 2008
SC

I thought OU and ND already had DC’s.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/jtpenfield/status/1484177440708648961?s=21

Not buying that excuse....seems like he wouldn't have waited until the last minute if that was the case.
Also, that doesn’t qualify under the “grad transfer” rule. He would have to transfer for the opportunity to pursue a degree program not offered by OSU. Obviously any vet program is offered by OSU.

But I guess he could just want a different vet school, but that’s unlikely if he has his sights set on the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you are calling this person out in saying that to pursue grad degrees, vets usually transfer? He also may finish out the semester here, instead of leaving immediately, unless he already graduated.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Not buying that excuse....seems like he wouldn't have waited until the last minute if that was the case.
Also, that doesn’t qualify under the “grad transfer” rule. He would have to transfer for the opportunity to pursue a degree program not offered by OSU. Obviously any vet program is offered by OSU.

But I guess he could just want a different vet school, but that’s unlikely if he has his sights set on the NFL.

So you are calling this person out in saying that to pursue grad degrees, vets usually transfer? He also may finish out the semester here, instead of leaving immediately, unless he already graduated.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
No, that’s not what I’m saying.

I’m saying I doubt he entered the portal because he wants to pursue an education opportunity not located in Stillwater.

We are hearing he entered the portal at the suggestion of another player in the portal.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
No, that’s not what I’m saying.

I’m saying I doubt he entered the portal because he wants to pursue an education opportunity not located in Stillwater.

We are hearing he entered the portal at the suggestion of another player in the portal.

You mean RA heard?
Yes. Can you name a better source?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Now they are saying Mason was fired by Auburn today. OSU hasn’t offered him the job and the regents are meeting today and it is not on their agenda to approve.
Re: Board agenda. I highly doubt something like this will be put in a publicly available document when it’s not a done deal.
Typically referred to as “other” or “new business”