Portal News

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Are we sure we're missing out rather than just withdrawing our offers? As someone said before we're so close to the scholarship limit we may not actually have any available at this point. If that's the case, then what good does it do to make offers.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Not so much missing out as ongoing transfers, but suspect recruiting to begin with, followed by poor performance by the ones we do recruit and lack of development. All pointing towards who’s responsible for that group. There’s certainly a reason there is a lack of interest by quality recruited players and portal entries.

Last edited:

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
we have room, we’re just not landing prospects otherwise we wouldn’t be offering kids. Those that keep saying we’re so called “withdrawing” offers are making excuses for the coaching staff for not being able to close on these kids
We did withdraw the offer for the OT that committed to Tech but no one has verified why exactly. This latest one that went to Virginia I think we backed off of when we found out he could not come in till summer. We absolutely lost out on the one that went to Ole Miss though. Along with the few other positions we have offered like the Stanford RB and Player from Tulsa.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
We did withdraw the offer for the OT that committed to Tech but no one has verified why exactly. This latest one that went to Virginia I think we backed off of when we found out he could not come in till summer. We absolutely lost out on the one that went to Ole Miss though. Along with the few other positions we have offered like the Stanford RB and Player from Tulsa.
it was a mutual…he wanted to come here, circumstances wouldn’t allow it so he went to tech, or at least that’s the legend. Truth is we have room for players and we’re not getting the job done. We just offered another OL prospect so hopefully Dickey can get it done

Nov 22, 2020
Belton, TX
it was a mutual…he wanted to come here, circumstances wouldn’t allow it so he went to tech, or at least that’s the legend. Truth is we have room for players and we’re not getting the job done. We just offered another OL prospect so hopefully Dickey can get it done
At what point are we taking guys that are just bodies, though? As the transfer pool continues to decline, you worry that the guys left aren't of even 3-deep quality.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Expected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You going to tell us how this is a good thing or a doesn't matter thing?
Surprisingly to some I’m sure, I do think it’s good. Hear me out.

In the end, I don’t think SI is the type of QB Gundy/Dunn/Rattay really want - not mobile enough for todays attacking style B12 defenses. Having him on the roster as QB2 takes too many practice snaps away from Gundy and Rangel.

Just my feel for the situation. In the end, who knows.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Sure seems late for Shane Illingworth to enter the portal. Where will he end up? Seems odd as his parents moved here or they live here during football season. I thought he was better than Sanders all along. I can see him going to a power house program and starting day one. Is he going to a team like Georgia with Monken as OC?

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
QB's are the highest rate of portal activity, so options on the market should be good next year if we don't have anyone in house who we believe could start after Sanders. However this immediately puts depth in a big spotlight. Garrett Rangel must be a hit.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Expected

He was never gonna start, right? Wasn't gonna play, right? Was processed, right? I can't wait to hear this.
Was just thinking about the position over the weekend and that Rangel (or even Gundy) is probably the direction the coaches would prefer in a perfect world. As such, SI as QB2 might cause a difficult to manage logjam. Just a feeling that I expected to see movement before next fall.