Portal News

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
I'm not surprised Illingworth is transferring, but I'm disappointed. We still don't know how good he is, because he's only had 3 starts. He could end up being really good after he's started for a full season and the game starts to slow down for him. I hope he doesn't end up making us regret playing Sanders over him. If that happens, we should probably blame Coach Dickey for fielding an OL that necessitated a mobile QB.

Aug 19, 2006
Kinda surprised Shane took so long to enter the portal. I figured he wouldn't wait behind Spencer for another year.
He was actually the first one I expected to enter the portal at the end of the season. He was supposed to be the second coming of Mason Rudolph but just didn't seem to be the same guy. Mason wasn't a mobile QB but Shane seemed even less so.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
So, maybe your hate extends to the next generation. Not surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gunnar Gundy has only played against TCU...In what word does that equate to him being ready in the event Sanders gets hurt. You can't be this stupid in real life???
He’ll be just as ready or more as SI was at the beginning of 2021.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
QB's are the highest rate of portal activity, so options on the market should be good next year if we don't have anyone in house who we believe could start after Sanders. However this immediately puts depth in a big spotlight. Garrett Rangel must be a hit.
Rangel is really good. I think people will be ok when they realize this.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Sure seems late for Shane Illingworth to enter the portal. Where will he end up? Seems odd as his parents moved here or they live here during football season. I thought he was better than Sanders all along. I can see him going to a power house program and starting day one. Is he going to a team like Georgia with Monken as OC?
It's crazy that guys are still entering the portal at this point. Most schools are a couple of weeks into classes and are past the enrollment deadline, but I guess athletes get special treatment there.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
He’ll be just as ready or more as SI was at the beginning of 2021.

you’re hoping he’ll be ready…there’s nothing factual that suggest he will
Facts are he’ll have 2 spring camps, 2 fall camps, 1 bowl camp and 1 regular season. If he’s ultimately going to be a good college QB, that’s enough practice time to expect a decent start if he’s forced to play.

But you never know, especially with QBs.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
He’s also 170 lbs and a freshman. I’m sure he has promise. After all, we thought Spencer was the next superstar, and its taken him awhile to get going
That's the recipe for success in the Big XII. If he is also asthmatic, poor complexioned and possibly suffering from psoriasis or scurvy we are talking Big XII 1st teamer.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
Facts are he’ll have 2 spring camps, 2 fall camps, 1 bowl camp and 1 regular season. If he’s ultimately going to be a good college QB, that’s enough practice time to expect a decent start if he’s forced to play.

But you never know, especially with QBs.

Ya that’s not what a “fact” is. A “fact” is that Spencer Sanders has not started every game in a season since he’s been here, that’s a “fact”.