Portal News

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Not a fan of our new reality as a feeder program for the blue bloods. And just think, this is only year 1. I'd guess by year 5, as soon as someone blows up, they'll start sitting out the rest of the season until they can transfer to an LSU or Bama for increased exposure. I guess recruiting high character guys who understand loyalty will become even more important going forward.
Yeah that makes me think of King @ UH a few years ago. Came out on fire and drew a ton of attention. Next season after a 1-3 or 0-4 start used the new redshirt rule to his advantage and decided to sit the rest of the year but told Houston fans he’d be back. Next season, playing for Miami.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
https://twitter.com/_LanceR53/status/1486210401872359424

Another OL to the portal. Young, only a 2020 enrollee. Immediately got an offer from Washington State and Coastal Carolina to transfer up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Do they? I'm not aware of any that aren't motivated by a coaching change or some personal problem that forces them to move closer to home. I'm sure you can find one or two, but if they are starting at a BB and leaving, it probably means they've seen the writing on the wall and are leaving before they become a back up. In any case, OU this off season is a terrible example.
I find it very odd that you excuse OUs transfers as a result of a coaching change but do not extend the same reasoning to OSU.
Sure, the head coach is still here, but I doubt Tanner ends up at tOSU if Knowles didn’t go. I’d bet JBC is still in Stillwater as well. Our most impactful losses were on the defensive side of the ball. Much like OUs we’re on the offensive side of the ball.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
I find it very odd that you excuse OUs transfers as a result of a coaching change but do not extend the same reasoning to OSU.
Sure, the head coach is still here, but I doubt Tanner ends up at tOSU if Knowles didn’t go. I’d bet JBC is still in Stillwater as well. Our most impactful losses were on the defensive side of the ball. Much like OUs we’re on the offensive side of the ball.
Are you expecting reason from a sports fan? Actually, I view starters leaving OSU as bailing on their teammates, a great institution and an adoring fan base for selfish reasons. I view OU transfers as young men who have finally seen the error of their ways and I applaud their decision. It's possible I'm biased.

Nov 6, 2010
Yeah that makes me think of King @ UH a few years ago. Came out on fire and drew a ton of attention. Next season after a 1-3 or 0-4 start used the new redshirt rule to his advantage and decided to sit the rest of the year but told Houston fans he’d be back. Next season, playing for Miami.
That move is aggravating. I have no problem with guys like JBC ad McAllister leaving after 4 years, but that "play 4 and bolt mid-season" crap is pretty hard to stomach.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Are you expecting reason from a sports fan? Actually, I view starters leaving OSU as bailing on their teammates, a great institution and an adoring fan base for selfish reasons. I view OU transfers as young men who have finally seen the error of their ways and I applaud their decision. It's possible I'm biased.
I view grad transfers as those that got their degree at Stillwater, and are moving on to get a higher degree somewhere else. How many OSU students (not athletes) go somewhere else to get a second degree? Do they still consider themselves OSU grads? I guarantee they do.
How many students come to Stillwater for their second degree?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Which brings up a great point.I wonder how a teammate feels when a starter transfers to another program. Say you’re a rock like Brock Martin. Someone that embodies Loyal and True. Someone committed to the program. You put in work side by side for 3/4 years with your team. You come off one of the best seasons in school history gearing up to try to improve. You know you’re going to lose a couple soldiers to the draft, but then you see a couple of your teammates go to Missouri or LSU. I know he will take the high road and wish them well, RT them, keep it touch… but man it would be hard not to take that personally.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
You’re right, we don’t KNOW. But we do KNOW LSU is throwing money around. Not a stretch to think NIL was the attraction.

like I said hearsay…you don’t know, I don’t know…safe to say no one knows…until someone can prove JBC got a deal, it’s just speculation and talking radio heads making assumptions
Word is he was offered thru his parents $1500-2000 per month plus use of a vehicle to play at LSU Apparently this information is coming from other players.

If JBC left for NIL money, how many are good with that?

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
No, because I heard it.

You on the other hand hate all things RA. And if he said it, you’ll find a way to dispute or bash it. I hate to break the bad news, but he’s a lot more relevant and in the loop in the media world than you ever were.

Who is this dude?
Send me a PM

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
I view grad transfers as those that got their degree at Stillwater, and are moving on to get a higher degree somewhere else. How many OSU students (not athletes) go somewhere else to get a second degree? Do they still consider themselves OSU grads? I guarantee they do.
How many students come to Stillwater for their second degree?

All that is true, but that’s not what’s going on here. This is the worst case scenario for programs like OSU. We find prospects, develop them, and a blue blood buys them. JBC was purchased, plain and simple. McAlister probably too. Screw them. I’m just ahead of the curve on complaining about this. After a few more years of our players being bought, even Rack will turn on these guys.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I mean, when it was announced he was going to the portal, RA said they're was a chance he could stay. I don't think I've ever heard him say he WAS returning.

A couple posters said RA said he said on his radio show he was going to return...just going off that.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Word is he was offered thru his parents $1500-2000 per month plus use of a vehicle to play at LSU Apparently this information is coming from other players.

If JBC left for NIL money, how many are good with that?

So in other words....hearsay!! In other words no knows if its true. According to other message boards, the appeal to go home in front of friends is appealing to him. I guess no one knows, so until there's a report with actual confirmation....no one knows!!

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I mean, when it was announced he was going to the portal, RA said they're was a chance he could stay. I don't think I've ever heard him say he WAS returning.

A couple posters said RA said he said on his radio show he was going to return...just going off that.
They’re friggin wrong. I heard what he said. Typical fans hear what they want to hear.