Possible Super Seniors next year?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
Due to Covid, 2020 does not count as a year of eligibility. So even though several on our team are listed as Seniors, they could potentially return for an additional year. Those who could potentially return next year as Super Seniors are:

Secondary:
* Kolby Harvell-Peel
* Jarrick Bernard-Converse
* Tanner McCalister
* Tre Sterling
Defensive Line:
* Brock Martin
* Israel Antwine
* Brendon Evers
* Tyren Irby
* Sione Asi
Offense:
* LD Brown. Only played 3-games this year before injury. Possible medical redshirt? With Jaylen Warren departing, could LD be a contributor next year?

How many of these guys could potentially improve their draft possibilities by returning for an additional year to the Pokes? If the bulk of these guys return for another season, we could be just as good next season as this...?

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
My predictions:
Sterling
Martin
Antwine
Evers
Asi
and LD Brown (this was going to be his "prove it" year and he didn't get that chance)
Maybe the other Brown (kicker) as well.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Wish someone would paraphrase for me. My laptop won't connect to PFB anymore . . . :cool:
Player Class Pos. Eligible to Play in 2022? Malcolm RodriguezSeniorLBNoDevin HarperR-SeniorLBNoChristian HolmesR-SeniorCBNoKolby Harvell-PeelSeniorSYesJarrick Bernard-ConverseSeniorSYesBrock MartinR-SeniorDEYesTanner McCalisterSeniorSYesIsrael AntwineSeniorDTYesBrendon EversR-SeniorDTYesTre SterlingR-SeniorSYesTyren IrbyR-SeniorDEYesSione AsiR-SeniorDTYes

I little hard to read, but it says yes or no after their names. Basically, everybody on D has the option to come back except Malcolm, Devin Harper, and Holmes. I can scan the article for offensive notes if you want, but let's be honest. If all these guys come back and Spencer is back, next year could be another fun one.

Damn. That's like doing a word search puzzle.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Here is what it says about the offense

It’s a little more murky on the offensive side of the ball for the Pokes, so take this next portion with a grain of salt. For one, there aren’t a ton of senior contributors. Tay Martin, Jaylen Warren and Danny Godlevske will have exhausted all of their eligibility after this season.
Having redshirted in 2019 after arriving from junior college ball, Dez Jackson was listed as a junior in 2020, meaning he would have eligibility in 2022.
Then things are unclear for two college football dinosaurs in LD Brown and Josh Sills.
Sills redshirted at West Virginia in 2016 before playing full seasons in 2017 and 2018. He played in only two games in 2019 before missing the rest of the season with injury. He then transferred to OSU and played the 2020 and 2021 seasons. There is probably a possibility Sills could get a medical redshirt for that 2019 season (unless there is some statute of limitations on applying for one) then with the redshirt year and COVID year, he could potentially exhaust his eligibility in 2017, 2018, 2021 and 2022. A lot would have to fall into place for that to happen.
As for Brown, 2021 should have been his fourth season of eligibility, but he was injured having played in only three games, opening the possibility for a medical redshirt. Brown got to Stillwater in 2016.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
So on O, I doubt Sills returns again. He's ready to use the rest of his healthy body to make $$.
I bet LD Brown comes back. He wants to prove he's an NFL RB and missed that this year with injury.