PROFESSOR CALLS FOR HARASSING REPUBLICANS AT RESTAURANTS, STICKING ‘FINGERS IN THEIR SALADS’

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 7, 2004
PROFESSOR CALLS FOR HARASSING REPUBLICANS AT RESTAURANTS, STICKING ‘FINGERS IN THEIR SALADS’
The University of Mississippi has condemned a tweet by a faculty member that called on activists to abandon civility and harass Republican senators in public.
Read more
“Don’t just interrupt a Senator’s meal, y’all,” James Thomas, an assistant professor of sociology, tweeted from his @Insurgent_Prof account on Oct. 6, the day Justice Brett Kavanaugh was sworn into the Supreme Court.

“Put your whole damn fingers in their salads,” he wrote. “Take their apps and distribute them to the other diners. Bring boxes and take their food home with you on the way out. They don’t deserve your civility.”

U.S. Senate candidate and Mississippi state Sen. Chris McDaniel called for “disciplinary action” against Mr. Thomas for the “disgusting” tweet.

“Another threat from another low-life liberal — this time it’s from an Ole Miss professor,” Mr. McDaniel said in a Facebook post, The Daily Mississippian reported.

Meanwhile, Mr. Thomas has remained unapologetic for the still-active post, doubling down on his incivility argument and reposting “fan mail” from angry “MAGA trolls.”

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So what do conservatives want to do to Democrats in restaurants, in order to get back at them?
A better question for you would be do you condemn this kind of activity because this is becoming commonplace for the Liberals. Most common sense conservatives would not do things like this to other people, even Democrats.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
I hope looney liberals go out to eat and spend lots of money. Help the economy and keep their money from going to other looney left organizations. And they all get to look like Michael Moore!

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
The guy indicated all Republicans are civil. 10 seconds on Google proved otherwise.

Maybe instead of being tribalist everyone should agree there are jackasses on either side and they don't speak for the majority.
I don’t recall Republican Senators calling and advocating for this type of behavior like we have with Democrats.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Which college professor posted that?

The guy indicated all Republicans are civil. 10 seconds on Google proved otherwise.

Maybe instead of being tribalist everyone should agree there are jackasses on either side and they don't speak for the majority.
Except the jerks on the liberal side are a very large group of people. Show me a constant barrage of conservative big name people inciting violence. You can't. Big name Hollywood stars, politicians, tv hosts, college professors and even media get in on the act on the liberal side of things.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
So true and sweet in this forum as long as you parrot the far right conservative line.
Then come on over Townie. Your IQ will go up significantly. You will bask in the glow of WINNING, and chicks will dig you. Not most college chicks, mind you, but when they get a bit older and become sane again, they will dig you!

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The Democrats are the party of violence and they are openly embracing it now, not even pretending otherwise. Remember when Hillary posited that Republicans would cause problems and not accept the results of the election? Yeah, I think that was a sneak peak into their own playbook.