Qanon believers gather in Dallas to see JFK Jr reveal he will run with Trump 2024

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OrangeAggie

Assistant to the Moderater
A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2004
Edmond
In case you haven't noticed, politics have been bottom of the barrel for some time now. The R's suck, the D's suck and they both win elections with negative campaigning, empty promises, rhetoric, half truths and divisiveness. Like it or not, there are large numbers of voters in both bases who "have no ability to determine fact from fiction". I mean heck, you had MSNBC and CNN just last night, suggesting that the election results in Virginia were because of white supremacy. That's just the most recent example of many from both sides we could easily find.
You guys seriously just post the same canned rants with zero substance over and over. This would have been the perfect response if I had asked you for a list of rationalizations that keep your worldview from unraveling, but I didn't.

Why aren't you capable of just engaging with my argument like a normal person?

Oct 29, 2016
US
There are hundreds of not thousands there !!!! It is a CULT

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/status/1455599194035658752?t=tcds6_lFKNWoXVlvsgikEg&s=19
Notice how telescopes designed to detect intelligent life are pointed away from Earth? Qanon supporters.. good grief. What is wrong with so many people?

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
To entertain the gullible crowd, a man made up to look and sound like JFK jr. should have showed up and gave an awesome speech declaring he was going to beat Mike Lindell in presenting even more convincing evidence on Monday to the Supreme Court proving the 2020 presidential election was a fraud. And after the Supreme Court in a 9 to 0 decision gives the presidency back to Trump that Trump would make him Vice President.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Youth liberation front is a new one to me. Have to check them out.

Never understood the jfk jr thing. It was explained to me today. He was such an up-comer that the Democrats knew he’d eventually have to start running for office. HRC saw him as a direct threat. And you know that everyone that even breathes the same air as the Clintons, ends up dead. So, in order to live a normal quiet life, he faked his death.

The world is under attack now and he and Trump arranged the salvation of all of us. Except they didn’t show up. Oh, but they will…
That explains a lot. Well maybe.

I haven't followed this that much because it's stupid and absurd but I was wondering why the crazies had a thing for JFK Jr. Them thinking Hillary wanted to kill him so he went into hiding for 22 years only to randomly pop up and make Trump President again is so random but sort of makes sense. Because you know, at the time she was First Lady and publicly had no political aspirations and he was just some rich kid who had no political aspirations. But she wanted to kill him because Hillary Clinton won't let anything stand in her way but he was smart enough to see it and faked his death and went into hiding for a couple of decades. Only to decide it was time to come put of hiding and pull yet another coup because if reasons.

Mar 11, 2006
Answer what? Your stupid whataboutism riddle? You have a few canned responses you use over and over that are so vague, stupid, and nonspecific that no sane person would waste their time trying to convince you of anything.

You should just make that post your signature and save yourself the key strokes in the future.
You stated that “Q'Anon should be a wakeup call for Republicans. If I were part of a group and realized that a large percentage of my peers had no ability to determine fact from fiction, I think I'd be taking a hard look at my own views and asking myself if I've fallen victim to the same trap.”

Your partisan post, as with several others, seems to show you have blinders — you see only what you want to see. We just had a summer in 2020 when riots started, buildings burned, and people died because of misinformation and people unable to determine fact or friction. Multiple polls show that people have an incredibly inflated idea of how many unarmed citizens are killed by police (Ie they think it is in the 1000s instead of low double digits).

@CocoCincinnati is absolutely correct. Both groups have loons. Too many Republicans still believe the 2020 Presidential elections contained large amounts of fraud. And that misinformation resulted in the Jan 6 riots.

To act like these crazies live in only one side of the spectrum just perpetuates division and shows we have people that are willing to excuse some actions just because it is from their tribe.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
He’s not wrong. Your arguments were logical fallacies: generalizations. You can’t defend your argument, so you simply say everyone does it. Funny thing is that when he called you on it, you just did it again.
LOL, I gave a specific recent example. How is that not defending my argument?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Which is exactly what makes the desire to never just simply agree with someone posting something about the ugly underbelly of the Rs without the necessity of pointing out the ugly underbelly of the Ds every single time so odd.
Well I'm very sorry that I believe the GOP and DNC are the biggest problem in our current political system but I'm going to continue to point that out no matter how much you may disagree.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Them thinking Hillary wanted to kill him so he went into hiding for 22 years only to randomly pop up and make Trump President again is so random but sort of makes sense.
Except for the whole "he was a democrat" part, yeah I guess it makes sense... :confused: lol. Or do they think he's both coming back from hiding AND switching parties? Or this just a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" deal?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Why aren't you capable of just engaging with my argument like a normal person?
Exactly what I was doing, I think you are confusing engage with agree. So if it will make you happy:

Yes sir, the idea that some dead Kennedy's are going to rise from the dead and magically appoint trump president is stupidity on a level that I didn't believe could exist before now.

Of course it's so stupid that I also didn't believe anybody needed to have that opinion vindicated by others.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
In case you haven't noticed, politics have been bottom of the barrel for some time now. The R's suck, the D's suck and they both win elections with negative campaigning, empty promises, rhetoric, half truths and divisiveness. Like it or not, there are large numbers of voters in both bases who "have no ability to determine fact from fiction". I mean heck, you had MSNBC and CNN just last night, suggesting that the election results in Virginia were because of white supremacy. That's just the most recent example of many from both sides we could easily find.
Agreed. Both sides like to point out the extremist nuts on the other side and try to paint them as 15%-20% of the other party. The fact is most of the extremists really don't like either party because the party won't go far enough in their direction.

The good news is extremists are rare. I see stuff on the YLF calling for abolishing all schools, prisons and police. If I asked 1000 people at random if there were in favor of that I'd be surprised if I stumbled across 2 that support that. If I asked 1000 people if JFK is coming back to save the country or if illuminati, devil worshipping, pedophiles run the country, I also thing I'd be lucky to find 2.

Most of us scoff at these extremist views but too readily buy into the belief that the other side is so heavily influenced by them

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Youth liberation front is a new one to me. Have to check them out.

It was my reality TV for a while there. When things were really getting nutty in Portland I would check it out and see the news before it happened. They caught on the police were doing the same so they toned it down.

The "total abolition" stuff is abolishing the police, schools and prisons.

1636033073945.png

Last edited:

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Except for the whole "he was a democrat" part, yeah I guess it makes sense... :confused: lol. Or do they think he's both coming back from hiding AND switching parties? Or this just a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" deal?
Don't ask questions! this isn't how cults operate!

OrangeAggie

Assistant to the Moderater
A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2004
Edmond
You stated that “Q'Anon should be a wakeup call for Republicans. If I were part of a group and realized that a large percentage of my peers had no ability to determine fact from fiction, I think I'd be taking a hard look at my own views and asking myself if I've fallen victim to the same trap.”

Your partisan post, as with several others, seems to show you have blinders — you see only what you want to see. We just had a summer in 2020 when riots started, buildings burned, and people died because of misinformation and people unable to determine fact or friction. Multiple polls show that people have an incredibly inflated idea of how many unarmed citizens are killed by police (Ie they think it is in the 1000s instead of low double digits).

@CocoCincinnati is absolutely correct. Both groups have loons. Too many Republicans still believe the 2020 Presidential elections contained large amounts of fraud. And that misinformation resulted in the Jan 6 riots.

To act like these crazies live in only one side of the spectrum just perpetuates division and shows we have people that are willing to excuse some actions just because it is from their tribe.
You can keep rewording the same "argument" over and over, it doesn't make it more compelling. Derailing every conversation to say "but what about the libs" just makes you a troll incapable of good faith debate.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Agreed. Both sides like to point out the extremist nuts on the other side and try to paint them as 15%-20% of the other party. The fact is most of the extremists really don't like either party because the party won't go far enough in their direction.

The good news is extremists are rare. I see stuff on the YLF calling for abolishing all schools, prisons and police. If I asked 1000 people at random if there were in favor of that I'd be surprised if I stumbled across 2 that support that. If I asked 1000 people if JFK is coming back to save the country or if illuminati, devil worshipping, pedophiles run the country, I also thing I'd be lucky to find 2.

Most of us scoff at these extremist views but too readily buy into the belief that the other side is so heavily influenced by them
Will these "fringe" groups you speak of have approx 10-20 elected officials in the US Congru right now on both sides of the aisle

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Will these "fringe" groups you speak of have approx 10-20 elected officials in the US Congru right now on both sides of the aisle
I guess it depends on how you define fringe but 10% of elected officials aren't waiting for the return of JFK, or want to abolish police and prisons.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
LOL, I gave a specific recent example. How is that not defending my argument?
The fallacy isn't ambiguity. It's saying "Everybody does it." Try that with a cop when he's writing a ticket. You can even tell him a specific example of a white Camaro speeding, giving him the day, time, location, and license plate. Specificity doesn't change anything. It's just a horrible argument. Yes, there are factions on the left that are nutty as well. That's not what this thread is about though, so you're free to start your own thread about that.

And despite what Tucker Carlson says, the liberal nuts weren't the ones that instigated a siege on the Capitol. That is one major reason why we should pay attention to these conspiracy theorists and what they're trying to do. Despite our hopes, they didn't go away after 1/20. They seem to regroup and get stronger.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
That explains a lot. Well maybe.

I haven't followed this that much because it's stupid and absurd but I was wondering why the crazies had a thing for JFK Jr. Them thinking Hillary wanted to kill him so he went into hiding for 22 years only to randomly pop up and make Trump President again is so random but sort of makes sense. Because you know, at the time she was First Lady and publicly had no political aspirations and he was just some rich kid who had no political aspirations. But she wanted to kill him because Hillary Clinton won't let anything stand in her way but he was smart enough to see it and faked his death and went into hiding for a couple of decades. Only to decide it was time to come put of hiding and pull yet another coup because if reasons.

Look out Q, here comes R. By Jove, I think you got it.

Mar 11, 2006
You can keep rewording the same "argument" over and over, it doesn't make it more compelling. Derailing every conversation to say "but what about the libs" just makes you a troll incapable of good faith debate.
I am not derailing anything --- other than you talking to your other partisans and wanting this to be an echo chamber. You made an incredibly myopic posts. These two statements you made are very one-sided.

You: "The fear is that politicians will use Q-style disinformation to create more political divide and thwart the democratic process, which is exactly what happened and continues to happen within the Republican party."

Are you seriously suggesting that this doesn't happen in the Democrat Party? Are you truly that myopic or partisan? Are you paying attention at all? Stop watching and reading news that just validates and reinforces your partisanship.

You: "If I were part of a group and realized that a large percentage of my peers had no ability to determine fact from fiction, I think I'd be taking a hard look at my own views and asking myself if I've fallen victim to the same trap."
Do you really feel that people, just because they are registered in a particular party, fall victim to the views of extremists? Do you take a hard look at your own views due to extremists from the left?? Again, incredibly myopic and shows that some are so dug into partisan division that they can't see outside their own hole they have buried themselves in.

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The fallacy isn't ambiguity. It's saying "Everybody does it." Try that with a cop when he's writing a ticket. You can even tell him a specific example of a white Camaro speeding, giving him the day, time, location, and license plate. Specificity doesn't change anything. It's just a horrible argument. Yes, there are factions on the left that are nutty as well. That's not what this thread is about though, so you're free to start your own thread about that.

And despite what Tucker Carlson says, the liberal nuts weren't the ones that instigated a siege on the Capitol. That is one major reason why we should pay attention to these conspiracy theorists and what they're trying to do. Despite our hopes, they didn't go away after 1/20. They seem to regroup and get stronger.
I'm not dismissing QAnon, I compared them to people who believe Elvis is alive and living with aliens earlier in this thread. There is no defense of people who are this stupid. My comment to Aggie was in specific response to the comment that QAnon should be a wake up call to the Republicans.

I made a similar statement that both parties are bad in the Virginia election thread, but apparently you (and @steross ) didn't have an issue with me doing it in that thread, only in this one. Why is that?