Rare robbery case brings cries of racism

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
And they ignore the law when they say it.

It seems to me that a white man has been charged with murder in OKC because his attempting to elude the police resulted in a death as a result of an accident that did not involve the suspects vehicle. The police pursuit vehicle struck a vehicle not involved in the pursuit, and the officer died. I don't think this is as rare of an occurrence as they are letting on.

Some of the criminal defense experts may be able to correct me here.
OKCPD Sgt. Johnathan Paul Dragus was killed in the line of duty during a pursuit. He had an one vehicle accident when he swerved to avoid a truck that had entered the intersection and hit a utility pole and a tree. He had been on the force for 10 years, and was survived by a wife and two children. Dragus was a good officer, a good man, and a good husband and father. He is greatly missed by those that knew him.....that includes myself.

The individual he was pursuing, Kyle Grider, was charged with murder in the second degree. Since race has entered the discussion, both Dragus and Grider were white, FWIW.

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
The strategy sure pissed off a few people in this case. :D
I wish we would open up some of our old "horse theif" laws where there was an immediate hanging for stealing or attempting to steal a horse, or something of the same value of a horse.

There are some really cheap horses being sold for dog food.

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
Rare robbery case brings cries of racism

By JULIANA BARBASSA
Associated Press Writer

Hughes' mother, San Francisco schoolteacher Judy Hughes, said she believes the group didn't intend to rob the family, just buy marijuana.
Just like the real cash crop is grown between the rows of corn in MN and Iowa, it sounds like the real cash crop is grown in between the grape vines in California. :eek:

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
OKCPD Sgt. Johnathan Paul Dragus was killed in the line of duty during a pursuit. He had an one vehicle accident when he swerved to avoid a truck that had entered the intersection and hit a utility pole and a tree. He had been on the force for 10 years, and was survived by a wife and two children. Dragus was a good officer, a good man, and a good husband and father. He is greatly missed by those that knew him.....that includes myself.

The individual he was pursuing, Kyle Grider, was charged with murder in the second degree. Since race has entered the discussion, both Dragus and Grider were white, FWIW.
Thanks for bringing that up JD, my brother had told me about that, and I almost mentioned it early. I'm glad I didn't though because I couldn't have done it as well.

RoVerto Solo

Lifetime Ban
Banned
Feb 10, 2007
I wish we would open up some of our old "horse theif" laws where there was an immediate hanging for stealing or attempting to steal a horse, or something of the same value of a horse.

There are some really cheap horses being sold for dog food.
I would be careful using that red word. You know what people see when they hear about someone wanting to bring out the noose.

OKCPoke

Territorial Marshal
Dec 19, 2006
Just like the real cash crop is grown between the rows of corn in MN and Iowa, it sounds like the real cash crop is grown in between the grape vines in California. :eek:
Yes, they were trying to pay for the weed with a baseball bat but he didn't have change.

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
I would be careful using that red word. You know what people see when they hear about someone wanting to bring out the noose.
Okay, firing squad would be acceptable. They can start with the corporate theives such as Ebbers. ;)

It is crazy how this country has gone so PC thanks to frivelous lawsuits started by a pervcieved overpopulation of one job sector.

RoVerto Solo

Lifetime Ban
Banned
Feb 10, 2007
Okay, firing squad would be acceptable. They can start with the corporate theives such as Ebbers. ;)

It is crazy how this country has gone so PC thanks to frivelous lawsuits started by a pervcieved overpopulation of one job sector.
Now, wait a minute. I believe those are fightin' words.

Out in the street, bud. :guns:

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
Why did you have to go and bring him up. There is a $7000 hole in my pocket with his name on it that I had almost forgotten about.
I had close 5000 stock options that weren't allowed to be touched, and another 7000 shares on top of that at one point. (I wish the stock could have stayed steady at $100 per share.) I know many close to retirement that lost a lot more, and pressured never to sell due to their upper/mid management positions.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I haven't seen anybody mention this yet but this is a perfect example of why people should be able to own guns. If this guy didn't or couldn't own a gun, it's a good bet that the whole family would have been beaten to the point of brain damage (or death) instead of just the son.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo

And, I don't think that is a case of over charging.

The charges fit the crime. That Police Officer died as a direct result of the suspects criminal intent and actions.

I had forgotten the details JD, thanks.