Re-watching the 2021 Texas game today

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 29, 2021
Amarillo Texas
This was so good. About 5 minutes before halftime, Texas driving and up 17-3. Announcers just gushing over Texas and Sark the genius coach. "Just always seems to know what play to call." "think about all who he studied under".

PICK SIX COWBOYS! Oops!

Then the last 5-6 minutes of the game when we basically just shut them down completely. OSU fans chanting "SEC! SEC!"

Good stuff right there. Arrogant SOBs. I'd love to hang half a hundy on 'em this year in Stillwater.

Nov 29, 2021
Amarillo Texas
another play of the year was blocking that FG late at Boise. Could have been a different season altogether. Gundy has a penchant for pulling rabbits out of the hat. Did so against K-State in 2020 - they were getting ready to punch it in on us again and we stripped the ball and went 99 yards. Gundy magic.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
another play of the year was blocking that FG late at Boise. Could have been a different season altogether. Gundy has a penchant for pulling rabbits out of the hat. Did so against K-State in 2020 - they were getting ready to punch it in on us again and we stripped the ball and went 99 yards. Gundy magic.
Is it Gundy Ball yet? Or is that after 20 years?

Nov 18, 2010
Probably the play of the year. If we had gone down by 3 tds we may not have recovered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Was listening on the radio and I was thinking, I guess it's not happening this year. The entire season was a few yards from being neatly boxed up as a 8 or 9 win 'decent' year.
The season changed after that interception.

Dec 21, 2008
Aggressiveness equals opportunities. Knowles defined that. When you attack good things happen. Why do you think ou is always so good? Their talent plays reckless and fast. Last few yrs their defense didn’t know what it’s doing but that’ll change under BV. Stay aggressive Gundy!

Mar 7, 2020
Oklahoma City
The Jason Taylor INT felt like it swung the momentum of the season in our favor.

BTW I love it when UT blows double digit leads. I grew up with them ripping my heart out when I was younger when we seemed to do it against them every year.

https://youtu.be/hQOudlScKdE

Sep 23, 2010
My recollection of watching that game was they were trying to push Texas' running back for the Heisman and kept comparing him to Reggie Bush who was in studio. Then Warren outplayed him in the second half grossly in the second half.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
How many games have gone like this one? Hopelessly down early, only to pull away in the 2nd. 2 things; coaching and conditioning. OSU won both the TX and ND games in August.
It's standard internet tripe that "our coach blows it late in the game!". I've seen it on here. In the case of Gundy this really isn't true.

swamppoke

ole 3 putt.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 11, 2004
The Sand Shaker
My recollection of watching that game was they were trying to push Texas' running back for the Heisman and kept comparing him to Reggie Bush who was in studio. Then Warren outplayed him in the second half grossly in the second half.
While our defense did finally slow down Bijan in the second half - he certainly got his licks in. He is NFL quality talent. We did well to bottle him up later in the game. He averaged 6.4ypc to Jalen's 5.8. and he had close to 40 yards receiving as well. Jaylen did very well, but "outplayed grossly ain't in it".

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
While our defense did finally slow down Bijan in the second half - he certainly got his licks in. He is NFL quality talent. We did well to bottle him up later in the game. He averaged 6.4ypc to Jalen's 5.8. and he had close to 40 yards receiving as well. Jaylen did very well, but "outplayed grossly ain't in it".
He did say 2nd half. That’s when Warren had over 150 yards rushing. More than Bijan had all game.

Sep 23, 2010
Those the second half numbers?

swamppoke

ole 3 putt.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 11, 2004
The Sand Shaker
He did say 2nd half. That’s when Warren had over 150 yards rushing. More than Bijan had all game.
Okay. Jalen definitely had a great second half - just like Bijan had the 1st half (which is why they were up 17pts). I'm still scratching my head over Bijan's lack of touches in the 2nd half, and credit Knowles with some great adjustments. I just hate the word "outplayed" - he certainly "grossly outgained" him in the second half, but he also had a crapload more touches. And to be clear, I was just as pissed as anyone at the love for Robinson and the "sheer genius" of Sark by the broadcasters that lasted right up to Taylor's pick-6.

Sep 23, 2010
Okay. Jalen definitely had a great second half - just like Bijan had the 1st half (which is why they were up 17pts). I'm still scratching my head over Bijan's lack of touches in the 2nd half, and credit Knowles with some great adjustments. I just hate the word "outplayed" - he certainly "grossly outgained" him in the second half, but he also had a crapload more touches. And to be clear, I was just as pissed as anyone at the love for Robinson and the "sheer genius" of Sark by the broadcasters that lasted right up to Taylor's pick-6.
I believe the Robinson kid is a total stud and will play on Sundays. It wasn't his fault, but the tv crew made the first half an infomercial for his Heisman campaign. Then Warren and the OSU defense took a firetruck hose to all that in the second half.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
The Jason Taylor INT felt like it swung the momentum of the season in our favor.

BTW I love it when UT blows double digit leads. I grew up with them ripping my heart out when I was younger when we seemed to do it against them every year.

https://youtu.be/hQOudlScKdE
Hard to believe all that’s gone crazy in this world even since then.

Just beautiful reminder

Nov 18, 2010
If only we had him for the big12 champ game..
We 100% win that game with Warren. It drove me crazy when our OC would run Warren 3 or 4 times in a row in other games. It never worked and it ground him into the dust. Made sense to run him a lot, but not so many times in a row. Fatigue leads to your body being out of position when the hits come.