Red Dead Redemption

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
I want some awesome video programmer to graduate from OSU and create a game where your pistol pete and you get to kill gooners......

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I want some awesome video programmer to graduate from OSU and create a game where your pistol pete and you get to kill gooners......
Maybe they could get their undergrad at OSU and then hit The Guildhall at Southern Methodist University.....SMU....yeah...that SMU LOL

http://guildhall.smu.edu/

Pretty much the premier graduate Video game education program in the US.

Founded by Video Game Icons..the department is very new to SMU and they have turned out 330 grads who have worked on over 100 video games so far...if you want to make games...this is the place to go

The bio's of the faculty speak for themselves

http://guildhall.smu.edu/Faculty.15.0.html

zachya

Savior of Mordavia
A/V Subscriber
Dec 14, 2004
Silmaria
I got about an hour and half in last night before I had to pass out for work today.

That's all it took for me to know that this game is going to be epic. Definitely a GOTY candidate.
I hate you. I've still got to wait another twenty minutes 'til Gamestop opens... :mad:

OrangeAggie

Assistant to the Moderater
A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2004
Edmond
Maybe they could get their undergrad at OSU and then hit The Guildhall at Southern Methodist University.....SMU....yeah...that SMU LOL

http://guildhall.smu.edu/

Pretty much the premier graduate Video game education program in the US.

Founded by Video Game Icons..the department is very new to SMU and they have turned out 330 grads who have worked on over 100 video games so far...if you want to make games...this is the place to go

The bio's of the faculty speak for themselves

http://guildhall.smu.edu/Faculty.15.0.html

My roommate and another one of my best friends both graduated from the Guildhall. One of them worked on the Ghostbusters game and is currently working on the Def Jams Rap Star game.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
My roommate and another one of my best friends both graduated from the Guildhall. One of them worked on the Ghostbusters game and is currently working on the Def Jams Rap Star game.
From the info I have seen etc...the Ghostbusters game is suppose to be a pretty decent title..I've never palyed it personally..but I remember at launch it was getting 8.0-8.5 out of 10 reviews on most publications out there

Per wiki it had shipped over 1 million units by June 2009...I would say that is very successful

I'm very envious of that LOL.......My job is no where as cool as gaming..and my intense passion for gaming is basically usless in my job LOL...

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
From the info I have seen etc...the Ghostbusters game is suppose to be a pretty decent title..I've never palyed it personally..but I remember at launch it was getting 8.0-8.5 out of 10 reviews on most publications out there
Ghostbusters is definitely worth renting, but don't buy it.

The story isn't very long (I think it took me maybe three afternoons of playing to beat it), and there aren't enough online options to really make that worth your money.

Definitely a fun, good quality game - just not one with much replay value or one that's going to need very long to complete.

On another note, already logged about eight hours on Red Dead and I don't feel like I've done anything. Side missions galore, lots of exploring, minigames, etc. - it's definitely worth your money to get it.

Honestly, at this point, I'd say I like it better than any of the GTA games. Not that those aren't good too, but I kind of like this story a little better than the mafia/underworld plots in GTA, and the pacing is a lot less frenetic (thus far at least).

Oct 6, 2009
Just purchased mine from the Best Buy on Memorial in OKC. The cashier said that their video game sales for the day were up 400%.

t1m0thy

Walker told me I have AIDS
Sep 3, 2008
Tulsa
Played 9 hours last night/this morning and been playing since I woke up today. Good God this game is fantastic.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I basically played from 3pm-1am... It's addicting and I won't be getting any extra credit points from reading tomorrow, but it's an amazing game. So well made. I love it.