Republicans were supposed to run on their tax cuts. Instead, they’re running away from them.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Ask the Republicans in Congress that. But you do understand, don't you, that Republicans in DC only want to cut taxes, not hike them? If you want to cut taxes on the 47% not paying taxes, then they're going to have to think of more deductions to give them so the IRS owes them money. Surely, you don't support that.
You still do not understand me, or my positions. I do not support the Republicans, I support AMERICANS.

we need to do what is RIGHT (for we the people), not blindly follow corrupt political parties.

Throw off your partisan blinders as I have, and join us in the our fight for freedom from this suffocating federal government oppression.

I make a grand statement about equality, and you immediately try to turn it into a partisan issue and blame the "Republicans", when you know darn well that the "Democratic party" representatives would do even worse, but you make no mention of that.

How about you either agree or disagree with other's comments, and tell us why, without your partisan political statements.

Can we start there? Can we talk?

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
LOL, As much as you love Trump and his policies, good luck in him not messing things up with a recession by mid 2020. As a result, you surely don't want Biden, Hillary or Warren as the next president.
why are you always the antagonist. I do not love Trump. I like "some" of his policies, others not so much.

a recession was always coming... always... it's like the sun coming up. Cycles. It always happens. You're simply chomping at the bit to blame somebody for the inevitable. Most are (and have been) predicting a recession by the end of 2019, especially with the Fed hiking interest rates irrationally.

I do not want Biden, Hillary or Warren as the next president, nor Booker, nor Harris, nor do I want Waters as the head of the finance committee. I do not support Marxism, nor their other anti-American unconstitutional policies.

Please listen to "me", to what I have to say ( you don't have to agree), but please stop trying to put "me" into one of your vulcanized pigeonholes.

Join me in our fight for freedom from federal oppression - as we were promised.

I am a person, not a representative of a political party.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
You still do not understand me, or my positions. I do not support the Republicans, I support AMERICANS.

we need to do what is RIGHT (for we the people), not blindly follow corrupt political parties.

Throw off your partisan blinders as I have, and join us in the our fight for freedom from this suffocating federal government oppression.

I make a grand statement about equality, and you immediately try to turn it into a partisan issue and blame the "Republicans", when you know darn well that the "Democratic party" representatives would do even worse, but you make no mention of that.

How about you either agree or disagree with other's comments, and tell us why, without your partisan political statements.

Can we start there? Can we talk?
No, you might as well be demanding that I vote for the Libertarian candidate, Chris Powell, for Oklahoma governor. It's going to take a very rare revolution at the ballot boxes on election day that I don't see coming. By the way, there are very few Libertarians to vote for in Oklahoma on election day.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
The article talks about 70% of the tax cut goes to the top 20% of earners...yeah, the top 20% pays approx. 80% of all income taxes. When you're in the group that pays 0% - 3% of all income taxes the cut you receive will be small to nothing. Why does this shock anyone?
Nobody is shocked. But most of the economic gains of past several decades have also gone to that same small percentage due to government policies that have benefited the few. Severe frustration overrules mathematical rationality.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I guess you support the plan from Kamala Harris to provide every US household with income below $100k a government check of $500/month.

Where do you think that approx $640 billion a year is going to come from?
That is a horrible plan. You can’t put a cutoff or you end up with people playing around at the cutoff. Make the income for every citizen. Higher income people are going to be paying it back anyway.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Nobody is shocked. But most of the economic gains of past several decades have also gone to that same small percentage due to government policies that have benefited the few. Severe frustration overrules mathematical rationality.
That is a horrible plan. You can’t put a cutoff or you end up with people playing around at the cutoff. Make the income for every citizen. Higher income people are going to be paying it back anyway.
Stop messing with me while I mess with Townie :D

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
No, you might as well be demanding that I vote for the Libertarian candidate, Chris Powell, for Oklahoma governor. It's going to take a very rare revolution at the ballot boxes on election day that I don't see coming. By the way, there are very few Libertarians to vote for in Oklahoma on election day.
Dude ... focus..... if you respond to me, then talk to me. I'm talking about FEDERAL policies, I don't give a hoot how other States choose to govern themselves.

I did not ask you to vote for anybody - I just want to talk.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
At least they are kids needing taken care of, not able bodied adults, who should be working.
that makes zero sense..... even puppies and kittens are cute when they're little... then they become adult dogs and cats, and they still need taken care of.

Having 20 kittens is not going to make life any better when they become 20 cats.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
With mobs at the border, why are you not parroting the catchy new midterm campaign slogan, which is "Democrats Produce Mobs, Republicans Produce Jobs".
Hello... McFly.... those "mobs" are at Mexico's SOUTHERN border... not at OUR border.

how about you actually pay attention instead of cut and pasting leftist talking points.

The mobs in the U.S. are all DEMOCRATS. Can you prove otherwise?

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Hello... McFly.... those "mobs" are at Mexico's SOUTHERN border... not at OUR border.

how about you actually pay attention instead of cut and pasting leftist talking points.

The mobs in the U.S. are all DEMOCRATS. Can you prove otherwise?
LOL, How is "Democrats product mobs; Republicans produce jobs" a leftist talking point? No wonder you're difficult when it comes to talk.

Mobs from Central America have been at our border before. Surely, Democrats in Congress were supporting them then.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I guess you support the plan from Kamala Harris to provide every US household with income below $100k a government check of $500/month.

Where do you think that approx $640 billion a year is going to come from?
I bet he responds with a question.
About Republicans or conservatives.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
LOL, How is "Democrats product mobs; Republicans produce jobs" a leftist talking point? No wonder you're difficult when it comes to talk.

Mobs from Central America have been at our border before. Surely, Democrats in Congress were supporting them then.
there is no mob at our border, and never has been a mob at our border - you simply make crap up.

There are leftist mobs taking over the streets and buildings in Portland, there are mobs harrassing Republicans in public places, there are mobs showing up to attack peaceful demonstrations... the mob mentality is everywhere, and openly encouraged by Democrats like Toxic Maxine.

It's not me that is "difficult", you simply keep trying to change the subject and deny reality.