Rex Tillerson speaks out on Trump

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
No. You see, there are these people called "economists". I don't know if they even teach that in Oklahoma classrooms anymore, given the state has no money for education.

These "economists" go off of historical data, that helps them predict when these economic downturns will occur. They use what are called "financial indicators", that assist them in making these predictions.

Do you understand?
Historical data informing that there is an upcoming recession. Interesting, tell us more.

Jul 20, 2018
If only Tillerson's daddy had passed him down hundreds of millions of dollars so he could claim to be a billionaire and impress all the dorks trying to live vicariously through Trump.
It's well-known that his daddy gave him $1 million to get him started in the business. He turned that into $8 billion. You'd likely have a hard time coming up with $8 for a beer and burger.

kaje

Let's Go Heat!
Nov 19, 2005
Stillwater, OK
www.maczealot.net
It's well-known that his daddy gave him $1 million to get him started in the business. He turned that into $8 billion. You'd likely have a hard time coming up with $8 for a beer and burger.
Well known because Trump claims that? Lmao...Those darn facts just always seem to get in the way of the things that come out of Trump's mouth.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
Close, very close
Well known because Trump claims that? Lmao...Those darn facts just always seem to get in the way of the things that come out of Trump's mouth.
Poor baby. It's comforting knowing that you suffer from envy where Trump's concerned. He's rich and gets to live in your empty head rent free.

Lol! Try those "darn facts" on for size.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
False.

Daddy gave him roughly $400 million.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1639787002

If you can’t flip that into even larger wealth, I don’t know what to tell you. So there wasn’t some major accomplishment by Trump, here. He also inherited the business connections his father developed over several decades.

Jul 20, 2018
False.

If you can’t flip that into even larger wealth, I don’t know what to tell you. So there wasn’t some major accomplishment by Trump, here. He also inherited the business connections his father developed over several decades.
I'm not going to click on a moronic usatoday link. You can spout all the BS you want but, you'll never change the fact that there have only been 45 men in the history of our country that have been good enough to be president of our country and Donald Trump is one of them. haha

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Or, you know, take the high road like an adult does.

I know, it's a very rare concept with a guy who didn't socially develop past fifth grade. But we can always hope.
I like Trump talking back and standing up... it's what has been missing from a GOP perspective since Ronnie.

if you really think about it... Trump's retorts don't sound much different that how your posts sound on this board - go figure. Think about it. Should you be shut up because your understanding of government concepts and economics hasn't developed past 5th grade?

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
False.

USA Today is not an honest paper.... do you have any corroboration on that?

Trump did INHERIT money when his dad died, perhaps you're adding that into his current wealth.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX
Or, you know, take the high road like an adult does.

I know, it's a very rare concept with a guy who didn't socially develop past fifth grade. But we can always hope.
I like Trump talking back and standing up... it's what has been missing from a GOP perspective since Ronnie.

if you really think about it... Trump's retorts don't sound much different that how your posts sound on this board - go figure. Think about it. Should you be shut up because your understanding of government concepts and economics hasn't developed past 5th grade?
Are you really comparing posts on a message board to those of the POTUS? In what universe should those be held to the same standard?

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Are you really comparing posts on a message board to those of the POTUS? In what universe should those be held to the same standard?
got it..... you demand double standards. Check.

read it again... my post was about his "right" do defend himself and say what the hell he wants to say.

I much prefer having him respond instantly, than what we've experienced in the past.... your phony "presidential standards" went out the window with Slick Willy.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX
got it..... you demand double standards. Check.

read it again... my post was about his "right" do defend himself and say what the hell he wants to say.

I much prefer having him respond instantly, than what we've experienced in the past.... your phony "presidential standards" went out the window with Slick Willy.
You are absolutely correct in that I expect more out of the President than I do some schmo on an OSU message board. I would assume most rational adults would.

Let's ignore how embarrassing this particular tweet was. Hell, let's even ignore the references to his willingness to violate the law since every Trump boot licker on here is happy to overlook that comment. The fact that this guy literally CANNOT let anything go should be concerning. As a leader, that is a weakness, not a strength. Why should he give two shits about what a guy he fired has to say about him? Is he not the leader of the free world with more pressing issues to address? Do you really think other world leaders aren't paying attention and thinking about how to use that character flaw against him? It shows that he can be baited into conflict at the drop of a hat. That, to me, is very worrisome.

Also, nice on the reference to 'Slick Willy'. Yet another reference to a President that I neither voted for or supported. Just another grasp at straws rather than addressing the actual topic at hand.

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
You are absolutely correct in that I expect more out of the President than I do some schmo on an OSU message board. I would assume most rational adults would.

Let's ignore how embarrassing this particular tweet was. Hell, let's even ignore the references to his willingness to violate the law since every Trump boot licker on here is happy to overlook that comment. The fact that this guy literally CANNOT let anything go should be concerning. As a leader, that is a weakness, not a strength. Why should he give two shits about what a guy he fired has to say about him? Is he not the leader of the free world with more pressing issues to address? Do you really think other world leaders aren't paying attention and thinking about how to use that character flaw against him? It shows that he can be baited into conflict at the drop of a hat. That, to me, is very worrisome.

Also, nice on the reference to 'Slick Willy'. Yet another reference to a President that I neither voted for or supported. Just another grasp at straws rather than addressing the actual topic at hand.
naw.... those are your opinions.

If you're going to ride the high-horse, then it's civility for all.

so long as social media continues on it's current course - then its chaos for all, even if you would prefer more double standards.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
While I do cringe at some of the stuff he says & tweets, anyone being honest about the current climate of discourse can't seriously say he's the only one involved here.

None other than Tom Brokaw came down on the media harshly the other day during coverage of Bush's funeral, fwiw.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX

naw.... those are your opinions.

If you're going to ride the high-horse, then it's civility for all.

so long as social media continues on it's current course - then its chaos for all, even if you would prefer more double standards.
Nothing to see here. All is well.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX
While I do cringe at some of the stuff he says & tweets, anyone being honest about the current climate of discourse can't seriously say he's the only one involved here.

None other than Tom Brokaw came down on the media harshly the other day during coverage of Bush's funeral, fwiw.
Of course he's not. My point is that a leader should be able to brush it aside and forge ahead. Criticism is part of the job.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Of course he's not. My point is that a leader should be able to brush it aside and forge ahead. Criticism is part of the job.
& I don't totally disagree with you on this, at all.

My point is simply that yes, his behavior is unprecedented, & so is the criticism & hyperbole that gets thrown out daily.