Rittenhouse Trial

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I joke, but it bothers me how difficult it is to get balanced news information. Apps and search engines learn what you prefer and serve more of that to you. Even if you’re intentional about reading multiple perspectives, it’s hard to prevent an echo chamber from forming.

I need to get back to using my RSS reader. I use to use Feedly to build a personal news feed, but have gotten lazy and let other sources choose my content lately.
When I want to know US news, I prefer the propaganda pieces in South China Sea News or RT. Domestic propaganda just is too low brow since Trump won. Seems to be going for the lowest common denominator. On one hand I appreciate being to identify the mass consumers of domestic news on the other it saddens me they ALL keep falling for the division hook line and sinker.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
isn't it funny and sad that everything these days becomes political...or is it that the mind frame of conservatives and liberals just come out when things happen...all of my conservative friends sided with KR and all of my liberal friends went the other way...very interesting...
PS: I don't want your reasons (again) as to why you thought one way or the other, it's just interesting to me...

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
isn't it funny and sad that everything these days becomes political...or is it that the mind frame of conservatives and liberals just come out when things happen...all of my conservative friends sided with KR and all of my liberal friends went the other way...very interesting...
PS: I don't want your reasons (again) as to why you thought one way or the other, it's just interesting to me...
I agree, but these D and R parties are not what they used to be now. Everything is so extreme, one way or another. There are truly a lot of people stuck in the middle in both parties.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I hope the alphabet networks get a good dose of what Nick Sandmann got paid by CNN (2.75 million +-) . It would be all the better if since Brandon called him a white supremist before he was president he could be found liable also.
Kyle should have never been foolish enough to go to a bar to hang out with the Proud Boys. But maybe you feel guilt by association doesn't count there.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
Close, very close
Kyle should have never been foolish enough to go to a bar to hang out with the Proud Boys. But maybe you feel guilt by association doesn't count there.
His association with whomever is totally irrelevant to his actions or the result of the trial. That said, my granddad always told me "if you run with 9 scumbags, you're the tenth". So there's always that.

Mar 11, 2006
I am going to guess it is due to the news orgs they consume. And how those news org don’t just report the news, but spin and frame it in specific ways to support their views.

It is why MSNBC viewers thought Rittenhouse traveled across state lines with a gun.
And why OAN viewers still insist the election was stolen and balloting machines were hacked.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
That’s what I said somewhere at the beginning of this thread. How can y’all be so sure of guilt or innocence without knowing what happened prior to the video. I didn’t know if KR just killed someone for fun and the mob was taking care of him or if he was running from danger not of his doing. Without that crucial piece of info, I couldn’t make the call. The reasons for him and the mob being there are irrelevant to the question of murder or self defense. I figured it was pretty accurate of letting people know where they stand in biases.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
CNN quoting stuff that was common knowledge before the trial, as if it was just made public during the trial.

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1462238813489713155?s=20

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
I haven't seen this interview, but I found it interesting to hear that he supports the BLM movement and wants to see change.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I haven't seen this interview, but I found it interesting to hear that he supports the BLM movement and wants to see change.

Still doesn't change anything. He was innocent and proven so in a court of law. Still have no problem with his use of a gun to protect himself.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
Still doesn't change anything. He was innocent and proven so in a court of law. Still have no problem with his use of a gun to protect himself.
That's true. An individual's personal views don't limit their right to self defense. It does however blow a hole in the narrative that he was a white supremacist roaming the streets for protesters to shoot.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
People are found guilty or acquitted. There is no finding of innocence.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
That's true. An individual's personal views don't limit their right to self defense. It does however blow a hole in the narrative that he was a white supremacist roaming the streets for protesters to shoot.
if he is telling the truth and hasn't hired a media manager/publicist at some point to manage him and tell him what to say.

No, I'm not alleging that is the case, merely pointing out that there are other possibilities.