Russia invades Ukraine

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Yeah at the start of the war the only army on the planet that could stand to Germany was Russia.....by the end Russia had sacrificed many more lives than any other country to crush Germany but in doing so had allowed the US to catch up

IF Russia would have had the tech and scientific drive that Germany did prior to the start of WWII...I don't think anyone would have been able to stop them and they would have a legit shot at being the largest empire in history
No. They wouldn’t have. They were communist and were a house of cards. Plus they won basically because of luck. Pure stupid luck

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Yeah at the start of the war the only army on the planet that could stand to Germany was Russia.....by the end Russia had sacrificed many more lives than any other country to crush Germany but in doing so had allowed the US to catch up

IF Russia would have had the tech and scientific drive that Germany did prior to the start of WWII...I don't think anyone would have been able to stop them and they would have a legit shot at being the largest empire in history
That is a ton of IFs.

They had a ton of soldiers to send out to die, were being attacked, and had winter on their side because Hitler was stupid at times. They had the best tanks. But while they had a bunch of tanks, they only had a few of the good ones. Those were their best redeeming qualities.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
No. They wouldn’t have. They were communist and were a house of cards. Plus they won basically because of luck. Pure stupid luck
True. The govt would have collapsed as it did

Don't get me wrong..I don't think if the Russian empire would have dominated it would have been good. It would most likely have far surpassed the atrocities Hitler committed.

I'm just saying they weren't far from having the opportunity and they had the strength at the time to do it

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
True. The govt would have collapsed as it did

Don't get me wrong..I don't think if the Russian empire would have dominated it would have been good. It would most likely have far surpassed the atrocities Hitler committed.

I'm just saying they weren't far from having the opportunity and they had the strength at the time to do it
I disagree very slightly here. They never had the power and were never capable of it. Only numbers. And they absolutely surpassed hitler. But they were on the winning team and got to write the books

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
By the end of WWII, the Soviet army was a well oiled machine that few countries would have wanted to mess with....roughly 90% of German casualties in WWII were on the eastern front. When Titans Clashed by David Glantz is a great book on the subject.