Russia invades Ukraine

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Except this is actually worth fighting and funding. We slapped the Taliban around and killed Bin Laden, those were our objectives and we accomplished it but should have left years before last years. Stopping Russian aggression on their European border is so much more important for us than a bunch of stone age sheep herders that we already defeated. Lets hop we can outlast the Biden presidency when it comes to Russia and China.
In my opinion, this is worth the EU funding and Fighting before the US doing it in terms importance.. Not the US as the Lead. Germany should be the leader on this for the EU.
Well I mean sure that would be great but Germany, like most of our European allies, are damn near worthless when it comes to defense. They are busy letting us fund their defense while they enact regressive social policies that eat up their budget.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Well I mean sure that would be great but Germany, like most of our European allies, are damn near worthless when it comes to defense. They are busy letting us fund their defense while they enact regressive social policies that eat up their budget.

I'm super curious what a "world according to @ramases2112 " would look like.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
This whole conversation has left out the most important factor. The TIC TACs. Y’all know those videos of the “unknown” craft pulling crazy Gs while simultaneously changing directions wasn’t really unknown.

Those videos all coincidentally happened next to US warships in US proving grounds. Hypersonic missiles are no match for those delivery systems. It actually feels like the early 90’s and the public is getting restless over the Middle East. We didn’t want the Gulf War as Vietnam was only 20 years earlier. Then what happened? The next generation of warfare was unleashed with laser guided bombs flying through windows in Baghdad while we sat on couches and watched.

Feels as this is why potential adversaries avoid direct confrontation even though we are pressing full court. Who knows? Maybe humankind needs to do a culling?

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
This whole conversation has left out the most important factor. The TIC TACs. Y’all know those videos of the “unknown” craft pulling crazy Gs while simultaneously changing directions wasn’t really unknown.

Those videos all coincidentally happened next to US warships in US proving grounds. Hypersonic missiles are no match for those delivery systems. It actually feels like the early 90’s and the public is getting restless over the Middle East. We didn’t want the Gulf War as Vietnam was only 20 years earlier. Then what happened? The next generation of warfare was unleashed with laser guided bombs flying through windows in Baghdad while we sat on couches and watched.

Feels as this is why potential adversaries avoid direct confrontation even though we are pressing full court. Who knows? Maybe humankind needs to do a culling?

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
He's not wrong though. We have stuff that you can't even use your wildest imagination and think of. You know those bad ass stealth jets and stuff? We know they exist because they are so outdated that its laughable.
Yeah... it's just that we've talking about politics, demographics and economic sanctions. Then "but you know what guys?! ALIENS! SECRET GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS! POPULATION CONTROLS!" It was, as I said, unexpected.

Also, I'm all for a culling. Only problem is no one expects to be in the part that's culled.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
I really thought when I was young that we would have colonized the moon. Underwater cities. Technology would advance so far that peace would be permanent. That humanity would work together for a positive future.

Missed it by that much. We could have too. The money was there. The resources. The know how. Even the spirit.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Yeah... it's just that we've talking about politics, demographics and economic sanctions. Then "but you know what guys?! ALIENS! SECRET GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS! POPULATION CONTROLS!" It was, as I said, unexpected.

Also, I'm all for a culling. Only problem is no one expects to be in the part that's culled.
It goes back to me saying if they could, they would. They cant. Remember those mayday parades that the soviets did? Nothing there was functional. They were props. Same with china. They build cardboard skylines just to take a picture and doctor it and convince the world they are super.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I really thought when I was young that we would have colonized the moon. Underwater cities. Technology would advance so far that peace would be permanent. That humanity would work together for a positive future.

Missed it by that much. We could have too. The money was there. The resources. The know how. Even the spirit.
We never take into account that there will still be evil people.

UrbanCowboy1

Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ

We lack incentive. And plus, why would you want to live on the moon? It's horrible there.

Louis CK did a great bit about all the perks that come with being born: "First off, you get to live on earth. Which is awesome! Just the most amazing real estate you can imagine. Because it just sucks so bad for just, trillions of miles, in every direction. Your eyeballs will melt, and you'll freeze and explode after just like one second! It f*cking sucks out there". Always had me rolling.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
We lack incentive. And plus, why would you want to live on the moon? It's horrible there.

helium 3 MAY be just enough of an incentive to get people there, but those will be the crackpots trying to start a new energy sector but they will see it like a gold rush. If we are smart, clean and safe nuclear energy here on Earth should be able to wipe out an actual "need" for H3

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL

YOu think the Tic Tacs are Secret US Technology? I legit thought they were UFO's.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
I do. And the pyramid drone flipping all around the cruiser too. Those videos were released on purpose. They were a warning. If we can do that, we can put a warhead on it.
I don’t believe those vehicles are US military but I had a client who had been involved in weapons design for the Navy. We were playing in a golf tournament and the Chinese had but a hypersonic anti-ship missile into service and I asked him if it made him nervous. He had a simple response, “at first yes but then I remembered everything we had been designing would be in service by now and stopped worrying.”

Last edited:

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
I don’t believe those vehicles are Us military but I had a client who had been involved in weapons design for the Navy. We were playing in a golf tournament and the Chinese had but a hypersonic anti-ship missile into service and I asked him if it made him nervous. He had a simple response, “at first yes but then I remembered everything we had been designing would be in service by now and stopped worrying.”
Since I’m a rumor monger anyway, I’ll share. Wife and oldest child are both in cyber security. Wife is one of the uppers. I won’t name the company but let’s just say Forbes top 10. DC is the largest customer and consumer for these cyber products. As DC higher ups have to learn her side and she theirs, they come here for internships under her. These guys are retired AF mainly but there’s a couple army I’ve met too. It’s kinda funny because these guys are hardened military commanders and they’re 15 years older than her but they just love her. So we’ve been visiting DC more snd more learning their side ( soon I have to have security clearance too since she says she loves me and I have access to her computer) and the crap that goes on in the cyber realm there is insane to say the least. So we go out to dinner with some DoD guys and they have a few drinks. I wait for my chance and then I ask. What’s up with those pentagon videos? Being a spook, one guy throws his napkin on his plate and looks all around. Then whispers for me to follow him. So I laugh and we go. He’s tiptoeing and saying shhh in a dining room and we act like we are sneaking out but everyone is looking at us because we look like dorks sneaking out on our check. After another 20 minutes of walking he takes out a smoke and quietly said exactly what I already said.

“Don’t you think it’s strange that those things only hound our ships? At training exercises? At our proving waters? Then he stomps on the cigarette and tells me he has to kill me. And he did with the greatest blueberry cheesecake I’ve ever had.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com

I'm super curious what a "world according to @ramases2112 " would look like.
Pretty simple. Our allies act like allies and not like baby back *****es. The Europeans outside of those in Eastern Europe are down right worthless when it comes to standing strong in the face of Russian aggression. At least our Asian allies are willing to do more against China. Germany is busy selling their souls to Russian natural gas.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com