Rx's Summer Thread #3: Big 8/12/SWC

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
It is simply unbelievable to me that the Great Plains, which once had two major conferences, the Big 8 and SWC, now might be left without any. So I ask, what is your favorite non-OSU memory from the Big 8, Big 12, or SWC.

Mine would have to be Vince Young beating USC. Have to say I enjoyed that game because USC were so so much the media darlings. It was also kind of vindication for what VY had done to us earlier in the year. He was just that good.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Jan 4, 2005
Darren Sproles and KSU throttling ou in the B12 championship game when the “media” was calling ou one of the best teams in history .

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Not one specific moment, but I remember hanging out in the Golden Ox in KC waiting for a session to finish at Kemper to buy tickets for the next days games from the losing teams fans. I guess that's an OSU related memory, but still one of my favorite from big 8/original big 12 days.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Texas/USC was a big one. USC may have gone on to break ou's win streak record if not for Vince Young. Having him pitted against the last two heisman winners and the way that game played out were incredible.

Country hitting half court shot against Mizzou in the old building.

First game after plane crash, again against Mizzou, was one of the most emotional atmosphere's I've ever been in.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
It is simply unbelievable to me that the Great Plains, which once had two major conferences, the Big 8 and SWC, now might be left without any. So I ask, what is your favorite non-OSU memory from the Big 8, Big 12, or SWC.

Mine would have to be Vince Young beating USC. Have to say I enjoyed that game because USC were so so much the media darlings. It was also kind of vindication for what VY had done to us earlier in the year. He was just that good.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
USC was -7, I took the money line for Texas. $200 on it for around +190. Very profitable game. Plus USC was the devil at that time, now it is Alabama.