Scared rich people

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I used to only carry a gun in my truck that I use for ranching or going to the lake, etcetera; I now have them in all of my daily drivers as well. Never really thought it was necessary to have one at all times but that has changed.

Everyone’s threshold for fear is different. I guarantee you it’s much different for you and I versus that woman.
I was the same way kept one in my Truck so I would have it when I go to the farm to check on things. Now I keep one on my person.
I can neither confirm nor deny that any guns that I may or may not have owned did or did not fall into the lake when my boat cap sized sometime.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
It doesn't really matter what conclusion you or I draw, if the people were scared out of their wits and property damage was occurring then there is a problem. People are going to get either run over, shot or otherwise hurt if the idea that the mad mob is always right doesn't go away. I used to never carry, I do now because you just don't know what's going to happen next.
People just have to learn a race card and a cell phone is more deadly than an AR something.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
If you haven't you should watch the entire video and you'll see that it's not as cut and dry.

I don't know if I have the patience to try again. I think I probably saw 80% of it. Unless someone suddenly displayed some real interpersonal skills I just don't see it. They both looked like over emotional jerks to me.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
If you haven't you should watch the entire video and you'll see that it's not as cut and dry.

I don't know if I have the patience to try again. I think I probably saw 80% of it. Unless someone suddenly displayed some real interpersonal skills I just don't see it. They both looked like over emotional jerks to me.
The pregnant lady was unable to get a word in edgewise for quite a bit of the beginning of the whole confrontation so wasn't able to apologize even though she tried. And later she does try to apologize and the lady wouldn't accept it and kept interrupting her again.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Correct. They should have no lack of good lawyers wanting to help them get this dropped. As well as a wrongful termination suit against the guy's employer. They were threatening the couple the daughter was impeding the wife from getting into the her vehicle when she tried to leave. Then the mother tried to keep them from leaving in their van. so you can say that not only were they feeling threatened but they were being held against their will and not being allowed to leave. Just because somebody doesn't apologize to you does not give you the right to threaten physical harm berate them and attempt to impede their leaving.

I agree with most of this, the only problem is she drew a gun and got out of the car instead of just drive away. They were no longer blocked from leaving at that point. That is the mistake she made, albeit an understandable one based on what led up to that point.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Correct. They should have no lack of good lawyers wanting to help them get this dropped. As well as a wrongful termination suit against the guy's employer. They were threatening the couple the daughter was impeding the wife from getting into the her vehicle when she tried to leave. Then the mother tried to keep them from leaving in their van. so you can say that not only were they feeling threatened but they were being held against their will and not being allowed to leave. Just because somebody doesn't apologize to you does not give you the right to threaten physical harm berate them and attempt to impede their leaving.

I agree with most of this, the only problem is she drew a gun and got out of the car instead of just drive away. They were no longer blocked from leaving at that point. That is the mistake she made, albeit an understandable one based on what led up to that point.
I'll have to go back and watch it when I get the chance but my understanding is the lady didn't move from behind their vehicle until she started to get out with the gun.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
I'll have to go back and watch it when I get the chance but my understanding is the lady didn't move from behind their vehicle until she started to get out with the gun.

At the point in time she pulled a gun out, they had pulled out far enough and could have just pulled forward and left. The camera was super shitty and made things harder to deduce because of how bad it was.

Last edited:

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
We are going to have to clarify at what point our personal rage over some perceived slight allows us to accost and threaten people only to turn and play victim when they say enough.

Nov 6, 2010
Yea, but why does that justify firing the guy?? I can't come up with any justification for that, if it did indeed happen.

Mar 29, 2014
Okay here are 2 of the biggest morons on the planet. Yes they have a right to defend their home but the also have the right to not be so stupid. The protesters weren't the least bit concerned about them until they came out of their house waving guns. Which BTW the husband pointed that thing at his wife inadvertently several times.

Also of note, check out their little 19,000 square foot bunker:

View attachment 82504
View attachment 82505
View attachment 82506
Unlike you, maybe they didn't know what the rioters had on their minds.

Mar 29, 2014
In regard to the people protecting their home:
My home is much smaller.
Rifle about the same size.
Handgun is much larger.
Attitude, the same!