SCOTUS to overturn Roe v Wade

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I wonder how much longer will Oklahoma women put up with the extreme moves against abortion before doing something about it? I certainly wouldn't rule out legislators wanting to put women in prison who get abortion next year if Roe vs Wade is overturned. Maybe putting a woman in prison for the rest of her child bearing years would suit their vindictiveness well. A woman who gets an abortion at age 20 would go to prison for 30 years. For another extreme, a woman who aborts twins could get two lifetimes in prison. Or legislators making it illegal for a woman to go get an abortion anywhere outside of Oklahoma. I don't see any Republican legislators getting voted out in November. So, women better pester them about what else they got planned to do against abortion.

Last edited:
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
I wonder how much longer will Oklahoma women put up with the extreme moves against abortion before doing something about it? I certainly wouldn't rule out legislators wanting to put women in prison who get abortion next year if Roe vs Wade is overturned. Maybe putting a woman in prison for the rest of her child bearing years would suit their vindictiveness well. A woman who gets an abortion at age 20 would go to prison for 30 years. For another extreme, a woman who aborts twins could get two lifetimes in prison. Or legislators making it illegal for a woman to go get an abortion anywhere outside of Oklahoma. I don't see any Republican legislators getting voted out in November. So, women better pester them about what else they got planned to do against abortion.
Maybe I'm just too bitter, but there will be women cheering those moves at each step. I'm sure I'm related to some of them.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
The bill by Collinsville Republican Rep. Wendi Stearman would prohibit all abortions, except to save the life of a pregnant woman or if the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest that has been reported to law enforcement. So a woman knows how to show some mercy.

Fertility clinics got what they wanted in the bill. It will not apply to in vitro fertilization. With at least three different abortion ban bills passed, which one to go by, though?

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Maybe. But that is exactly the point she is making. It isn't that cut and dry that at point A the mother's life is fine and at point B it is at risk.
I would think with that caveat……… nothing changes.

Dr note saying her life is at risk, boom. Legal.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I would think with that caveat……… nothing changes.

Dr note saying her life is at risk, boom. Legal.
Nope, definitely will not be that. Because if so, they know doctors will document that the woman's life is at risk from the depression that the pregnancy is causing, therefore allowing the abortion. So, to stop the egregious ones, they will create some sort of review process. And, with that will come the risk for the difficult ones.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Nope, definitely will not be that. Because if so, they know doctors will document that the woman's life is at risk from the depression that the pregnancy is causing, therefore allowing the abortion. So, to stop the egregious ones, they will create some sort of review process. And, with that will come the risk for the difficult ones.
Is that in the bill?

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Wow, Mullen, who is running for U. S. Senator, in his latest campaign ad says he is 100% pro-life with no exceptions. I wonder how he feels about ectopic pregnancies. A good question to ask, since some people who want abortion banned say technological advances in medicine have made it possible to save most ectopic humans and their mothers can be saved, too. Some people who want abortion banned also claim that it is a myth that a mother ever needed an abortion to save her life.

Seems like the Oklahoma Republican senate race depends on who can be most against abortion. And surely most pro-gun, too. Mullen needs to beat Dahm to say he is 100% pro-gun with no exceptions.

Are they both willing to publicly stand that they are for throwing women in prison who get abortions and anybody else associated with helping an abortion to happen? After all, Oklahomans United For Life want abortion criminalized as much as possible. Surely at least of few of them firmly believe that our country started going downhill when women were given the right to vote.

Last edited:

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Wow, Mullen, who is running for U. S. Senator, in his latest campaign ad says he is 100% pro-life with no exceptions. I wonder how he feels about ectopic pregnancies. A good question to ask, since some people who want abortion banned say technological advances in medicine have made it possible to save most ectopic humans and their mothers can be saved, too. Some people who want abortion banned also claim that it is a myth that a mother ever needed an abortion to save her life.

Seems like the Oklahoma Republican senate race depends on who can be most against abortion. And surely most pro-gun, too. Mullen needs to beat Dahm to say he is 100% pro-gun with no exceptions.

Are they both willing to publicly stand that they are for throwing women in prison who get abortions and anybody else associated with helping an abortion to happen? After all, Oklahomans United For Life want abortion criminalized as much as possible. Surely at least of few of them firmly believe that our country started going downhill when women were given the right to vote.
Mullen's ads certainly have a "hold my beer" vibe, that's for sure... Have you seen his one regarding transgender athletes??.... Yikes.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
Close, very close
https://twitter.com/KCBD11/status/1529614554728218624?t=cTpi5lnjCyept3Fls0tjYw&s=19
Stitt's vacuous knowledge of all things medical disqualifies him from making any kind of health decision for anyone. This bill enacted in its entirety will cause more harm than good to all involved. Imho it's borderline barbaric when all outcomes are considered.