Football Scout has Ward going to ou

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 1, 2011
Houston
I don't think this has been posted, if it has sorry. They also have picked up #2 and #8 RBs in the country. I was hoping to get Ward, but not to be I guess.

Jan 21, 2009
Mr. Ward just wants to learn how to have more L's than W's Poor kid...living in the PAST.

Poke4Real

Territorial Marshal
Sep 12, 2006
Third Coast
I saw Ward in person when Lawton High played Lawton Mac last season. He didn't seem like he wanted to go full speed the whole game. My overall impression of him was much like others' impression of Le'Bryan Nash at the high school level: talented but lacking for effort. He has a lot to learn to excel at the college level. The talent is there, though. I was just overall underwhelmed.

Now, the running back for Lawton Mac was a straight beast. Darius Graham I think is his name. Dude was trucking people like LeGarrette Blount all night. He might be a senior this year.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
It's ok. OSU got 4 DEs in the last class. It would have been a good pickup but we don't really need DEs in this next class. We got a couple stud DEs in the 2012 class. One kid at DE his daddy played for the New England Patriots.

osu_cowboy_007

Territorial Marshal
Sep 21, 2008
Dallas
It's ok. OSU got 4 DEs in the last class. It would have been a good pickup but we don't really need DEs in this next class. We got a couple stud DEs in the 2012 class. One kid at DE his daddy played for the New England Patriots.
Actually we lose 3 more DEs after '12 season (Nigel,Cooper and Ryan),I think we have signed solid group last year but we need to get couple of big time ends.

PlatypusJojo

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon
A/V Subscriber
May 29, 2010
Boston
I saw Ward in person when Lawton High played Lawton Mac last season. He didn't seem like he wanted to go full speed the whole game. My overall impression of him was much like others' impression of Le'Bryan Nash at the high school level: talented but lacking for effort. He has a lot to learn to excel at the college level. The talent is there, though. I was just overall underwhelmed.

Now, the running back for Lawton Mac was a straight beast. Darius Graham I think is his name. Dude was trucking people like LeGarrette Blount all night. He might be a senior this year.
I'm kinda surprised nobody has offered him yet...if our other options don't work out I wouldn't mind going after him.

Jan 21, 2009
4 Real...don't think osu was actually a possibility for Ward, do you? What you descirbe as not 100 % all the time is what I saw when I watched J. Bean a couple of years ago in HS ...?? Saw him in about 3 games and he just seemed to be somewhat 'spaced' out?

Jan 21, 2009
Don't you think we 'have' to have a min.of two DE prospects, two DL men, 3 to 4 CB's/S,3 or 4 OL men, 3 WR's, 1 top LB, 1 or 2 RB's, 1 qb, and the rest of the 'ships' to real good athletes?