Season Basketball Tickets (Social Distancing too much)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
www.tulsalawyer.org
I got on yesterday at my appointed time to get my basketball seats which are usually barely in the upper deck. The only tickets available were in the "nose bleed" section of the upper deck. Looks like the "social distancing" seats were over kill to me.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Only 3000 tickets available and all 100 and 200 were sold out as most seats were in the 300 level. Only about 20 seats left in the nose bleed area. Seems they only had around 800 in the 200 level and 2000 in the 300 level.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Only 3000 tickets available and all 100 and 200 were sold out as most seats were in the 300 level. Only about 20 seats left in the nose bleed area. Seems they only had around 800 in the 200 level and 2000 in the 300 level.
I hope those people that snatched up the level 200 and lower 300s seats are people who actually show up to games. We missed one game last year, driving 1.5 hours each way, and I was continually amazed by the number of empty seats that I know weren't available when I bought our season tickets.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
The 200 level seats have many held by alumni association for other team alumni association. I used to be in 200 level and moved to 300 level row one last year. I was surprised of how many season ticket holders in 200 level who sold their tickets or did not attend. We would be sitting with KU and OU fans who bought the tickets.
I sat in lower section for two years and the seats are too low and difficult to see the full court.

OSU needs to make lower level all student and open up student 200 to season ticket holders. Get rid of court side as they are always empty.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
The 200 level seats have many held by alumni association for other team alumni association. I used to be in 200 level and moved to 300 level row one last year. I was surprised of how many season ticket holders in 200 level who sold their tickets or did not attend. We would be sitting with KU and OU fans who bought the tickets.
I sat in lower section for two years and the seats are too low and difficult to see the full court.

OSU needs to make lower level all student and open up student 200 to season ticket holders. Get rid of court side as they are always empty.
Agree with more students around the court, but $$$ has won out there.

It's been a few years, but Holder actually looked into how to do that & preserve some of the high $$ seats. Forget exactly when, I'm thinking around the time JamesOn came for a visit, but they actually had a mock set of bleachers (only like 3 foot wide) built that rose a little higher than the current setup & allowed for more rows for students to pack, while still having those $$$ seats at court level. I thought it was a cool concept, but it never went anywhere.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
My time was on Monday but it would not let me pay so I retried this morning and had the same issue. I called the ticket office and only seats left were up high. When I first tried on Monday there were only six seats in the 200 level available and it was around $2500 for two seats. The online ticket purchase apparently had problems so people had to call in to reserve tickets. There are 200 seats remaining.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
My time was on Monday but it would not let me pay so I retried this morning and had the same issue. I called the ticket office and only seats left were up high. When I first tried on Monday there were only six seats in the 200 level available and it was around $2500 for two seats. The online ticket purchase apparently had problems so people had to call in to reserve tickets. People with online times today and tomorrow are not going to get tickets. Call them now to see if they still have seats!
:facepalm:

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
I just called the ticket office and there are about 200 seats remaining with the closest in 300 level row 12. They had online problems the past two days but they are now fixed so online is working.

Sep 29, 2006

I have thought this for years. 100 level should be all students like Cameron indoor

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
We sat in 100 for two years and the seats are too close and not high enough to really have good vision view lines. 200 is perfect and 300 is too high. Seems back in the 60’s and 70’s when I was a student most or all of the lower or bleacher seats were student and my friends and I would get in line early to rush to get good seats. All of GIA only held 5-6 thousand then but did not sell out.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I have thought this for years. 100 level should be all students like Cameron indoor
As it was until Big Money won out. As @PokeSaladAnnie post bears out, the cachet of "floor seats" won out over practicality. Our High Dollar Donor seats should be the first 5 rows of the 200 sections, baseline to baseline (ish) - it's by far the best view in the house. I'd even put the band just above the wall in one end zone. Then I'd ring the floor with 1000 (or whatever) screaming students. That's how it was in the mid-to-late 70s and our home court advantage was really noticeable, even with only 3-4000 total attendance and us having bad teams. Our High Dollar Seats are really only full for 2-3 games per season, even if they are technically sold out. Good for revenue, really bad for home court advantage. I've sat down there numerous times in corporate-owned seats - my living room generates more noise during road games than the 100s during home games.

StatePoke

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Dec 29, 2005
My usual seats are on the 2nd row of the 200 section, but the best I could get yesterday was the 4th row of the 300 section. Don't know how so few people are going to be able to generate enough energy to help the team out.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
My usual seats are on the 2nd row of the 200 section, but the best I could get yesterday was the 4th row of the 300 section. Don't know how so few people are going to be able to generate enough energy to help the team out.

That's a fair point, but have you heard some of the reduced crowds at football games? I've been surprised by how much noise comes from 10-16k fans in a giant football stadium.