Season predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Need to worry more about getting a new coach instead of recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TG: signing day chatter?

Whit: signing day chatter.

TG: no. New coach chatter!
Am I wrong?

A lackluster class full of three star try hards that are gonna be led by someone who coaches scared.

What’s those results gonna be again?

There’s a reason why not even you guys are discussing it.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Am I wrong?

A lackluster class full of three star try hards that are gonna be led by someone who coaches scared.

Then why ask about signing day in the first place? You're not wrong about Gundy, but you are usually wrong about a lot of easy to understand things.

It's a good class. Most of the time when we are ranked in the 30s, it's due to extra 4 star power at skill positions. We're ranked in the 30s with high end 3 stars with a few 4 stars. We also had to go after OL recruits which typically lack high star rankings.

Their coach will coach scared some of the time, but we're stuck with him.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Need to worry more about getting a new coach instead of recruits.

TG: signing day chatter?

Whit: signing day chatter.

TG: no. New coach chatter!
Am I wrong?

Everyone knows that nothing is changing in Stillwater, and everyone knows it will just be more of the same. And it gets pretty boring after a while.

Now they have to spend the next four years losing to rattler and Williams. The only saving grace that the poke fans will have is that perhaps that will finally get gundy fired

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Since this is the season predictions thread, i thought i would see how some of these predictions went!

Especially behind that offensive line. Our scout team offensive line is going to be better than most starting P5 offensive lines will be. It’s crazy.
Have to give this one an F.

If OU gets through the first five games without a loss, they’re going undefeated. Barring a Covid catastrophe, of course.
I give this an A+

The looming question on the goon squad is if they fire the bellybutton tattoo after the disaster they are headed towards. They have lost to many of their players, the boys on the sportsanimal sounded despondent today.
F-

You’re a goddamn moron.

B-

Here I is.

Sanders will have more total yards than Rattler. And no, I'm not betting you. You're a stinkin welcher.
I dont know what's below F. LIke G, H I J K ? Z? i"ll give this a Z-
OU vs OSU for the title....OU wins it....we struggle to win the “big game”.
Half right. C-
Not necessarily true...we can be 8-2 or possibly 7-3 and find our way into the championship. Could be a year where everyone beats on each other. Also Depends on your definition on the big game. I’m not talking national title. I’d be happy with a conference title, which we haven’t sniffed since 2011. We also tend to wet the bed and lose to opponents we’re favored in.
B

Right side of our OL is a major concern. OL was a strength for us going in until our LT decided to retire from football and our starting RG was dismissed as well as another key OL. Now the OL is a question mark!!! We also have no depth so if someone gets hurt we’re screwed. Fingers crossed they stay healthy
A
Hard to be mad with what I saw tonight. At least there’s gonna be one QB named Spencer winning a Heisman in the state of Oklahoma.
Yet to be determined. B-

Aw, did your little hero get beat today? I thought that coach log coaching him up would make him better.
Quote that didnt age well. C-

I agree, Sanders has the best shot. Sorry your guy isn't panning out, sincerely, I mean it
Lol. F

Except, ya know... Rattler’s in a system that works really well with a coach that can develop quarterbacks.
A+
He currently sucks ASS!
It's gonna be embarrassing when Case Keenum takes over...
huh? F

That coach sunshine belly button tat had a plan. He's lost quite a few starters, has either pod or Mary Jane problem on his team, and now a COVID infestation.
Uhh what? No plan? F

As for myself:
OU wins big 12

Rattler and ehlinger will be qb1 and qb2 all big 12 (Rattler OPOY)

Ou as a team will have more pass and rush yards than Osu as a team

Big 12 will have three teams in the top 15 in december

Ou and texas will be in the big 12 ccg, with osu being 1 game behind texas because of a loss to baylor

Nobody will be undefeated

Big 12 will have two players in the top 5 of heisman voting

The top wr in the big 12 in 2020 will not have been in the top 10 of wrs in 2019

kansas goes winless

OU will have a defensive all american
Well i made 10 predictions. I got 6 outright correct. And i got one partially right. Since nobody else made such hot takes, i give myself a B-. Im especially proud of my 3 top 15 teams in december prediction. It barely came true.

You guys have some OL you can spare??....our guys are complete ass outside of the left side!! We're in some deep sh** with our OL play!!
A

C

And you still think sanders will have a better season than Rattler? It's not just about being the better qb, but qbs are dependent on the line, and skill guys to show up too.
A+

Sanders has played one whole series of football this year. I have no idea if/when he'll be back and at full strength.

Rattler tore up an FCS team that Cornholio also destroyed two years ago.

Hard to tell who will be better at this point. I know you like Rattler best because he goes to OU and was a 5 star recruit. Hang on to that for now. We might have to roll with Illingsworth who is was a 4 star recruit and is a true freshman. You might have to rephrase your question in a week or so.
D-
LOL you're one to talk. At the same time, you're supposed some bright football mind that knows all due to the paperclip on your clothes.

None of my observations are wrong, but it'll be fun to see you try and prove them so.
lol F

No. OU’s OL sucks
Dont suck, but not as good as we are accustomed to. C

I mentioned it earlier, but Rattler was like Lunt out there on Saturday. Lots of arm talent, but capable of making freshman mistakes because that's what freshman do. Nobody at OSU was crowning Cornholio for destroying the mighty FCS MO State.
Best qb in the conference. D

Defense wins games. Y ou doesn't have one.
F
All those fixable problems didn't get fixed this week apparently.

Rome wasnt built in a day. C-

Grinch seems like he sucks.
F

Texas is shitty and will make it 3 straight OU Ls

Lolololol Mo State hype! Y’all crack me up
F

Didnt age well. D- only because it was accurate for a week.

@TypicalGooner @Midnight Toker

You dumb bastards thought the QB would be automatic cause Lincoln. I won’t mention the defense and OL, but...

https://tenor.com/IXHK.gif
Best in the conference, top 10 in most statistical categories nationally. F

the goons are the worst D-1 team in Oklahoma
F
I bet you guys still won’t win the Big 12 this year...
A+

Cheer up goon bob, the winner of the RRR will have the inside track to the Cheez-It Bowl. Still lots to look forward to.
LOL. This gets a D-. It would be an F, but the irony of osu going to the cheez it bowl bumps it up. Congrats!

Ahhhhh poor once #3 Sooners are now #31 in the coaches poll after only 3 games. Cause I'm free, free fallin'.
Quotes that dont age well. D-

"Congrats on making it through the easiest part of your schedule" says the guy who team couldn't beat the team who got killed by LA-Lafayette and the team that got beat by Ark St. Good luck next weekend. Texas can actually put up a lot of points and that Alex Grinch defense is so f'n bad.
D
We're talking about OU - you know the team you basically tell us can never take a step back. They don't rebuild, they only reload. Your boy Toke must be in a bad place. He won't even show his face around here. Sad. We know who we are and have an easy time understanding it. You, on the other hand, can't admit you have no clue what you're talking about ever.

OU finished 2014 with two straight losses.

Lots of football left, agreed. I'm not sure we can take advantage of it with a true freshman QB. We'll need Sanders healthy and on point against Baylor in a couple weeks.

Enjoy the 1-3 overall and 0-3 conference start. Texas isn't any good, but they're going to eat your lunch and make you enjoy it.
Man, another F.
Another F

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Since this is the season predictions thread, i thought i would see how some of these predictions went!

I give this an A+

F-

B-

Half right. C-

B

A

Yet to be determined. B-

Lol. F

A+

huh? F

Uhh what? No plan? F

As for myself:

Well i made 10 predictions. I got 6 outright correct. And i got one partially right. Since nobody else made such hot takes, i give myself a B-. Im especially proud of my 3 top 15 teams in december prediction. It barely came true.

A

C

A+

D-

lol F

F

F

F

F

A+

LOL. This gets a D-. It would be an F, but the irony of osu going to the cheez it bowl bumps it up. Congrats!

D

Man, another F.

Another F
Jesus. You are on another team's message board. This is the definition of loser right here folks.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

I give this an A+

F-

B-

Half right. C-

B

A

Yet to be determined. B-

Lol. F

A+

huh? F

Uhh what? No plan? F

As for myself:

A

C

A+

D-

lol F

F

F

F

F

A+

D

Man, another F.

Another F
It was more like the season thread.

You graded current play at the time as predictions, but graded them as predictions.

You conveniently left out my prediction of our QB and OL situation effecting our success. I was really looking forward to seeing A+

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma

I give this an A+

F-

B-

Half right. C-

B

A

Yet to be determined. B-

Lol. F

A+

huh? F

Uhh what? No plan? F

As for myself:

A

C

A+

D-

lol F

F

F

F

F

A+

D

Man, another F.

Another F
Now go over over to Turd Burglars or whatever they are calling the sooner board now and grade their early season posts during that streak with your amazing gift of hindsight. There were people calling for Riley and especially Grinch to be fired. You dodged this board for 2 solid weeks during that period.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I’m still on board with the OU’s scout team offensive line being amazing. Aaryn Parks, Nate Anderson, Noah Nelson, Andrew Raym, Marcus Alexander and Darrell Simpson aren’t slouches. That’s also without pulling in any of the rotational guys.

While this may have been a “down” year for Bedenbaugh’s group, it was still the best line in the conference by far. They just didn’t develop the elite continuity and combination they needed. The extra pieces of Harrison and Chris Murray left things a little perplexing.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

I give this an A+

F-

B-

Half right. C-

B

A

Yet to be determined. B-

Lol. F

A+

huh? F

Uhh what? No plan? F

As for myself:

A

C

A+

D-

lol F

F

F

F

F

A+

D

Man, another F.

Another F
Not gonna lie, that's a solid review.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I’m still on board with the OU’s scout team offensive line being amazing. Aaryn Parks, Nate Anderson, Noah Nelson, Andrew Raym, Marcus Alexander and Darrell Simpson aren’t slouches. That’s also without pulling in any of the rotational guys.

While this may have been a “down” year for Bedenbaugh’s group, it was still the best line in the conference by far. They just didn’t develop the elite continuity and combination they needed. The extra pieces of Harrison and Chris Murray left things a little perplexing.

Couple couple years from now this could be a solid take. We just won’t know until then. Future is very bright at that position for sure

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

I give this an A+

F-

B-

Half right. C-

B

A

Yet to be determined. B-

Lol. F

A+

huh? F

Uhh what? No plan? F

As for myself:

A

C

A+

D-

lol F

F

F

F

F

A+

D

Man, another F.

Another F
It was more like the season thread.

You graded current play at the time as predictions, but graded them as predictions.

You conveniently left out my prediction of our QB and OL situation effecting our success. I was really looking forward to seeing A+
Guess I did not catch everything. You get a retrospective A

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

I give this an A+

F-

B-

Half right. C-

B

A

Yet to be determined. B-

Lol. F

A+

huh? F

Uhh what? No plan? F

As for myself:

A

C

A+

D-

lol F

F

F

F

F

A+

D

Man, another F.

Another F
Now go over over to Turd Burglars or whatever they are calling the sooner board now and grade their early season posts during that streak with your amazing gift of hindsight. There were people calling for Riley and especially Grinch to be fired. You dodged this board for 2 solid weeks during that period.
I enjoy my vacation more than I would have enjoyed talking to you

And I don’t hang out on whatever board you’re referring to. Oklahoma seems to always lose when I am out of town-

Last season against LSU, both Clemson games, the Oregon game, texas 2008, and all four bedlam losses since 2001. Although, I won a bet with one of you for the 2017 game and I was out of town and Oklahoma still managed to win.