Season Ticket Question

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
Looking for help from someone in the know on posse points and season tickets and whatnot.

The last couple of seasons I have essentially been buying my dad's season tickets. He has had them since the 70s, I grew up going to Cowboys games and now I'm starting to take my son. We would like to keep them in the family, but my understanding is that if completely took over the account, I wouldn't have enough points to maintain those seats. Is there a way to make that happen? If not, it seems I would be better off just starting a completely new account, live with worse seats at present and start building my own points so I can relocate to better seats later down the road.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
I know a guy who is a former OSU athlete who was unable to transfer his long held season football tickets to his son in the scenario you are describing.

So I think it will be a hard thing for you to pull off…

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Looking for help from someone in the know on posse points and season tickets and whatnot.

The last couple of seasons I have essentially been buying my dad's season tickets. He has had them since the 70s, I grew up going to Cowboys games and now I'm starting to take my son. We would like to keep them in the family, but my understanding is that if completely took over the account, I wouldn't have enough points to maintain those seats. Is there a way to make that happen? If not, it seems I would be better off just starting a completely new account, live with worse seats at present and start building my own points so I can relocate to better seats later down the road.

If it’s the location of the seats that means more than you personally earning points, just keep the tickets in his name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

If it’s the location of the seats that means more than you personally earning points, just keep the tickets in his name

Or, have your dad change the name on the account to “The Trippin629 Family Trust” and carry on.

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa

Or, have your dad change the name on the account to “The Trippin629 Family Trust” and carry on.

I like it!

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
I know a guy who is a former OSU athlete who was unable to transfer his long held season football tickets to his son in the scenario you are describing.

So I think it will be a hard thing for you to pull off…
Bummer. Might as well get started building my own points i suppose then. Thanks for the intel.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Bummer. Might as well get started building my own points i suppose then. Thanks for the intel.
My feeling is posse points don't do a lot for you beyond seat upgrades anyway. I won't buy bowl tickets through the school anyway, as the are typically horrible seats.
If you want to keep your seat location I would forego the Posse Points. If your son graduates from osu you can pretend to be your father and transfer them to him (at recent grad prices!). He starts without points, but he can keep the seats. I've done this with 2 seats for my son and 2 seats for his wife.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma

My brother was able to transfer his seats to his son. It will require some communication by both of you with the ticket office. I’ll ask my brother today what he had to do and get back with you.

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
My feeling is posse points don't do a lot for you beyond seat upgrades anyway. I won't buy bowl tickets through the school anyway, as the are typically horrible seats.
If you want to keep your seat location I would forego the Posse Points. If your son graduates from osu you can pretend to be your father and transfer them to him (at recent grad prices!). He starts without points, but he can keep the seats. I've done this with 2 seats for my son and 2 seats for his wife.
So it would be possible for my dad (current account holder) to straight up transfer the seats to me, since I've been paying for them the last two years anyways?

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa

My brother was able to transfer his seats to his son. It will require some communication by both of you with the ticket office. I’ll ask my brother today what he had to do and get back with you.
Thank you sir!

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
So it would be possible for my dad (current account holder) to straight up transfer the seats to me, since I've been paying for them the last two years anyways?
I just went to okstate.com and found the Seat Transfer Request Form. Looks like you shouldn't have a problem, as long as they're not "premium" seats (Club/Suite?). I have found the ticket office to be super easy to work with. You can download/print the form, fill it in and send back. I've always called them first so I have an actual person looking for the form to come in.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
Thank you sir!

It turns out that he transferred his seats to his son-in-law. My brother said that he wrote a letter to the athletic director, explained that his SIL was an OSU grad and bleeds orange. Then he asked if he could transfer the seats, since it was a family transfer. Maybe your Dad would do the same for you.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
I just went to okstate.com and found the Seat Transfer Request Form. Looks like you shouldn't have a problem, as long as they're not "premium" seats (Club/Suite?). I have found the ticket office to be super easy to work with. You can download/print the form, fill it in and send back. I've always called them first so I have an actual person looking for the form to come in.
@trippin629 , here is the link to that transfer request form.
https://okstate.com/services/downlo...m/documents/2016/10/27/Seat_Transfer_Form.pdf

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
Excellent, thank you very much!

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
@trippin629 , here is the link to that transfer request form.
https://okstate.com/services/downlo...m/documents/2016/10/27/Seat_Transfer_Form.pdf
Awesome, thank you!