Season tickets ad

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2016
Stillwater ok
I am really struggling with the decision to get season tickets this year to OSU football guys. On one hand, i feel like this could be a really special season for OSU football with the offense we have and (hopefully) an average defense. We could be BIG 12 champions easily and could be in the playoffs come year end however, as a family of 5, i cannot for the life of me justify spending the seat price on a 7 month old baby who probably wont know whats going on. Just fundamentally, i cant get past that. Help?

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
I am really struggling with the decision to get season tickets this year to OSU football guys. On one hand, i feel like this could be a really special season for OSU football with the offense we have and (hopefully) an average defense. We could be BIG 12 champions easily and could be in the playoffs come year end however, as a family of 5, i cannot for the life of me justify spending the seat price on a 7 month old baby who probably wont know whats going on. Just fundamentally, i cant get past that. Help?
find a baby sitter and get a 4 pack in the WEZ

Mar 23, 2013
This could help reduce your cost

Jun 12, 2010
Good suggestion but as expensive as reliable babysitters are these days, the ticket price and babysitter price might almost cancel out each other.
Even if true, I would think you would have a lot more fun without a 7 month old there and with a good babysitter the 7 month old will be a whole lot more calm at home then at a loud stadium.

Jostate

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I've often thought games are not the best place for a baby anyway. Cannon and Pete's shotgun firing 58k screaming fans and the hot/cold.

Dec 21, 2016
Stillwater ok
I've often thought games are not the best place for a baby anyway. Cannon and Pete's shotgun firing 58k screaming fans and the hot/cold.
While i agree, my baby was very quiet, some may even say sleepy, during the closing minutes of bedlam basketball last season and it was ROWDY! The outdoor elements for football are a different animal though.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Guys,

I had season tickets for years and then had a job change and had to sit out a while. I'm ready to get back in now but the remaining seat selection is not great. We sat in section 208 for several years. I know that today is the last day to reclaim seats for those that are renewing.

I guess my question is this - Will there possibly be "some" tickets available at midnight tonight from those that don't reclaim by the deadline?

Oct 1, 2006
Lagos, Nigeria
Guys,

I had season tickets for years and then had a job change and had to sit out a while. I'm ready to get back in now but the remaining seat selection is not great. We sat in section 208 for several years. I know that today is the last day to reclaim seats for those that are renewing.

I guess my question is this - Will there possibly be "some" tickets available at midnight tonight from those that don't reclaim by the deadline?
I'd contact the ticket office tomorrow and see what they have. More than likely you will be able to find good seats because there are always some that don't renew.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
I found out today that the unclaimed season tickets will go on sale to the general public on June 1st.
Someday, there will be tickets available to anyone who wants them at discount rates.

But they will not be MY tickets!