Shooting mystery: Miami-Dade teen killed by a crime watch captain

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PokealypseNow

You Can Dere-Lick My Footballs, Cap-E-Tan
Oct 15, 2008
New to KCMO
WillPhillips.org
There will be riots and people will die when he is acquitted.
Hitting "Like" seems so wrong in this context if you know what I mean, but I'm afraid you're probably correct.

Not to sound like a fearmonger, but if I was living in Florida (or hell, maybe anywhere with a large, urban, African American population at this point) and had a CCW, when/if he gets acquitted, I'd be extra careful.

And if I was Zimmerman, you sure as hell better believe I'd want to find a way to get armed security. He gets cut loose and I'd worry that he'd have a target on the back of his head.

Maybe that's pessimistic alarmism, though, I don't know. Still my gut reaction.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Hitting "Like" seems so wrong in this context if you know what I mean, but I'm afraid you're probably correct.

Not to sound like a fearmonger, but if I was living in Florida (or hell, maybe anywhere with a large, urban, African American population at this point) and had a CCW, when/if he gets acquitted, I'd be extra careful.

And if I was Zimmerman, you sure as hell better believe I'd want to find a way to get armed security. He gets cut loose and I'd worry that he'd have a target on the back of his head.

Speaking of this, when is the trial. I'll be in Florida in June.

Nov 16, 2004
Moore

Why is any of this racial?

That is the part I still don't understand.

And what the hell is a white-Hispanic???

Is Obama the first white-African-American President?

The way this (and many other issues) has all been treated seems like further evidence to me of an agenda to Balkanize the United States.

OP 9000

Administrator
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2003
Stillwater, OK
www.orangepower.com
FWIW, I think they've recently tried to divide hispanics in two... white and just plain hispanic. With the difference being a white hispanic is largely indistinguishable from whites. If Zimmerman said he was an Italian-American... it would be believable. Regular hispanics have darker skin... and are easily distinguished as hispanic.

And the reason for the split is specifically for racial profiling and hate crimes. But was meant to help in the defense of cases, not the prosecution.

White:

Hispanic:

White-Hispanic:

HeartLike_JohnStarks

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2008
Streets got my heart, game got my soul

Submitted for your consideration. ;)
I hate their asses too, but if you think that is the sole reason, that is ignorance. They certainly do much more harm than good, but this is an obvious one-sided view. Racism exists from all sides, have existed, and will , sadly , always exist.

This further illustrates my previous point: Racial fearmongers like them have desensitized and disillusioned some faction of people's view on racism. Counter racism now viewed as racism, and believing that without it, they believe the world will be perfect with racial and cultural harmony and everything as clear and distinct as black and white (meaning there are no grey areas)

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
I hate their asses too, but if you think that is the sole reason, that is ignorance. They certainly do much more harm than good, but this is an obvious one-sided view. Racism exists from all sides, have existed, and will , sadly , always exist.
No need to personalize here, it was just a joke with a truism implicit in its message. As a son of the south who started college in 1956, I have been witness to the ignorance of racism at a level unprecedented in modern times. I have also seen great gains made in its alleviation and have a deep dislike of those who fan racism's flames for personal gain. Like our President.

HeartLike_JohnStarks

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2008
Streets got my heart, game got my soul
No need to personalize here, it was just a joke with a truism implicit in its message. As a son of the south who started college in 1956, I have been witness to the ignorance of racism at a level unprecedented in modern times. I have also seen great gains made in its alleviation and have a deep dislike of those who fan racism's flames for personal gain. Like our President.
Okay my bad.

.....except what does this really have to do with the President? We can disagree all we want about his policy or some aspect of him that we dont like , but c'mon son, lets be like all of the extreme liberals who were saying the same thing about Bush.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
Okay my bad.

.....except what does this really have to do with the President? We can disagree all we want about his policy or some aspect of him that we dont like , but c'mon son, lets be like all of the extreme liberals who were saying the same thing about Bush.
His comments after the Martin and Cambridge incidents were divisive and unbecoming to his office. We need less divisive dialogue in sensitive racial matters. His comments only served to inflame. (imo)

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I think the only thing the defense could come up with to negate that is someone with a bald head is more likely to scratch his head on the ground. Even a small cut on your head can lead to a lot of bleeding, but that doesn't mean it's life threatening...
Hard to do this to yourself when a kid is supposedly eating Skittles and and skipping through the neighborhood innocently. No telling what all the whole truth is but it's obvious that Trayvon engaged this guy in a physical confrontation and inflicted some damage.
george-zimmerman-bloody-head.jpg

The Bundy

Banned
Banned
Feb 17, 2012
Tulsa, OK
My opinion is this.

While the corporate owned media keeps distracting the nation with stories filled with racist related material, the real injustice is secretly and quietly being done behind closed doors, with a stacks of cash being stuffed in pockets.

This story was obviously distorted by the media when it first broke, making it seem like it was a hate crime. Of course, nothing excites the good 'ole US of Aryans...I mean, Americans, like gettin' their chance to have their say-so in a race-related topic. This is no doubt proved by the fact that this thread has 32 pages, whilst the more relevant threads are left with an unflattering -- perhaps ghastly -- few pages.

It's no secret (unless you're a Republican) that corporations run this country. It's no doubt that corporations continue to promote stories that keep the nation distracted, in order to further increase the stronghold the '1%' hold over the rest of the US. The '1%' percent wants to keep the US dumb by its TV programming, credit cards, stupid phones they have nowadays, socials networks (I admit, I use this site and Yahoo answers, but that's it), and whatever else method we continue to fall for, in order to keep the rest of us in debt to them - and to keep us distracted.

This story is silly. This government is an embarrassment. And we keep eatin' it all up, just because they know that by promoting healthcare and race-related material to the public, they'll have us blinded by what's really wrong with the US. And it's not healthcare, nor Hispanics, nor Blacks, nor whites. It's the effing we're gettin', for the effin' stupid we're giving.

Aug 7, 2009
Oklahoma City

The real question is if and when the riots come, what is our vaunted AG Sir Eric going to do about them? So far, I think the indictment of Zimmerman is a stretch, with the burden of proof clearly on the state at least theoretically. And a state which appears to be profiling for the potential riot crowd.

I'm sorry Martin was killed in this unfortunate incident but it seems to me Zimmerman had something of a reason for his actions, e.g. Martin definitely has some documented baggage which should in a sense of fairness be presented as evidence.

At his hearing I definitely noted that Zimmerman looks much different that the mug shots our "elite" media has been bantering about.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
My opinion is this.

While the corporate owned media keeps distracting the nation with stories filled with racist related material, the real injustice is secretly and quietly being done behind closed doors, with a stacks of cash being stuffed in pockets.

This story was obviously distorted by the media when it first broke, making it seem like it was a hate crime. Of course, nothing excites the good 'ole US of Aryans...I mean, Americans, like gettin' their chance to have their say-so in a race-related topic. This is no doubt proved by the fact that this thread has 32 pages, whilst the more relevant threads are left with an unflattering -- perhaps ghastly -- few pages.

It's no secret (unless you're a Republican) that corporations run this country. It's no doubt that corporations continue to promote stories that keep the nation distracted, in order to further increase the stronghold the '1%' hold over the rest of the US. The '1%' percent wants to keep the US dumb by its TV programming, credit cards, stupid phones they have nowadays, socials networks (I admit, I use this site and Yahoo answers, but that's it), and whatever else method we continue to fall for, in order to keep the rest of us in debt to them - and to keep us distracted.

This story is silly. This government is an embarrassment. And we keep eatin' it all up, just because they know that by promoting healthcare and race-related material to the public, they'll have us blinded by what's really wrong with the US. And it's not healthcare, nor Hispanics, nor Blacks, nor whites. It's the effing we're gettin', for the effin' stupid we're giving.
Some of what you say may be true but do you really believe that the problem lies mostly with the Republican party or are both parties corrupted? If you believe the former then mabye you're the one who has been blinded by the rhetoric. But if you believe its the latter, why do you think attacking republicans and contributing to the divisiveness would be the best way to approach the problem. By making this a Rep vs Dem issue aren't you just as guilty of distracting us from the realy problem? Either way, you're very words in this post seems to be contradictory to your overall point.