Should OSU allow beer sales at BPS?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Drinking alcohol at a sports event where two groups are already at odds is a bad idea, train wreck waiting to happen. No booze inside the stadium or else make everyone wear boxing gloves and head gear when they enter...nope, just no booze.

Well

Wrangler
Dec 17, 2009
Yes. And then charge a buck for going to the bathroom while at the stadium. That could earn some serious jack.

ATXCowboy

Like a Boss
A/V Subscriber
Sep 2, 2009
Austin
No, plus don't allow re-entry. I'm tired of kids coming back at half completely loaded and sometimes puking in the stands. It sucks dealing with those idiots in the first half, but at least don't let it happen in both.

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
No, plus don't allow re-entry. I'm tired of kids coming back at half completely loaded and sometimes puking in the stands. It sucks dealing with those idiots in the first half, but at least don't let it happen in both.
To be fair, I've seen just as many alumni (and I am one) leave for the parking lots at halftime and then come stumbling up the stairs halfway through the third quarter to be entirely critical of the student section.

Jul 18, 2009
I vote yes....then if you dont want to participate dont. The only thing that concerns me is it may negatively impact our tailgating. BTW for those who think the students will be drunk at the game....they can go get beer at several spots outside the stadium (gas stations, apts, bars etc) Might as well make some $$. Dont know if we can legally be`done though. I do know they sell beer at the professional games. (baseball, basketball etc) and they dont have fights etc. I remember going to a Drillers game and in a designated inning, every run that inning, took .50 cents off. Drillers scored like 10 runs that inning and we got free beer

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
I vote yes....then if you dont want to participate dont. The only thing that concerns me is it may negatively impact our tailgating. BTW for those who think the students will be drunk at the game....they can go get beer at several spots outside the stadium (gas stations, apts, bars etc) Might as well make some $$. Dont know if we can legally be`done though. I do know they sell beer at the professional games. (baseball, basketball etc) and they dont have fights etc. I remember going to a Drillers game and in a designated inning, every run that inning, took .50 cents off. Drillers scored like 10 runs that inning and we got free beer
Drillers thirsty thursday :thumbup:

Redhawk

Rollin' bones at the Texaco
A/V Subscriber
Dec 5, 2011
Eufaula
I can never understand why someone would want some tiny, warm, watered-down stadium beer when they could enjoy a liter of ice-cold stadium cola (which is the second best cola, right after in-a-glass-bottle cola). Someone please enlighten me.
Beer > Pepsi that's why.

OSUndefeated

Federal Marshal
Apr 25, 2011
No. WVU may get more money from their sale of alcohol, but it makes the atmosphere at their games absolutely vicious. Read some accounts of visiting fans who went to a WVU game. There's no way alcohol doesn't play a part in that.