Some Football KO Times Announced

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
It's a good price for what it is though. Pacific Dunes is #2 on the US Public Top 100.
I do well but am by no means a rich man. Love to golf but could never justify that cost. Have played a few $200 rounds but I can tell you I do not get 4-10 times the enjoyment that I would on a $20-$50 course.

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
It is a Friday night game in August against one of the worst teams in Division I. Nobody outside of fans of both teams is going to watch the game regardless of the starting time.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I am there. Wife is Oregon State alum, from there and all her family is along I-5 from Eugene to Portland. We are going up this year and they are coming down next year. Each has to sit in the home team side of the stadium!!

That would be great, but it is a good three hours away and an insane $335/round in August-September....pass. We are going to play Corvallis Country Club where B-I-L is a member.
Everyone Seattle way sees my hat and says "Go Beavers". I don't bother correcting them anymore and agree with them saying "Go Beavers" right back. I gotta say, their fan base is close to ours. Mainly alumni, good people and family is most important to them as well. It'll be a fun game to attend.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So I'd like to get some feedback on the 9:30 kickoff with Oregon St. Meaning KO is 10:30 pm for eastern time zone. Which means other than our fans and Oregon St. fans, virtually no one will watch.
Hopefully that late kickoff will give us time to get to Corvallis from Portland when we hopefully land from Tulsa at 5:10pm. . Anyone know anything about traffic at rush hour on a Friday leaving Portland going south before Labor Day weekend?? Go Pokes!

Last edited:

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'd like to see us set up a higher profile neutral site matchup, a la the FSU game. There are more & more of those on opening weekend & they'd deliver more of what you're wanting.

To your larger point, though, I think we generally get enough chances to get seen out of the central time zone during conference play.
How better the break in a new QB, if you have to do it on the road, than against an middle to lower pac 12 team at a beautiful location where the weather is so much better than in stillwater? I’ve always wanted to go to Oregon and now I have a reason. Looking forward to it!

Aug 16, 2012
Hopefully that late kickoff will give us time to get to Corvallis from Portland when we hopefully land from Tulsa at 5:10pm. . Anyone know anything about traffic at rush hour on a Friday leaving Portland going south before Labor Day weekend?? Go Pokes!
The merge from 205 onto 5 can get really backed up. Has taken us over 30 minutes before. South of Portland it is usually pretty clear sailing but easily looking at 2 hours of drive on top of whatever it takes to get a car and out of the airport itself. You need an earlier flight if you want to see kickoff

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The merge from 205 onto 5 can get really backed up. Has taken us over 30 minutes before. South of Portland it is usually pretty clear sailing but easily looking at 2 hours of drive on top of whatever it takes to get a car and out of the airport itself. You need an earlier flight if you want to see kickoff
Thanks we will look for an earlier one.