Someone let me know...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2016
US
People have a right to be concerned. Texas Tech is a terribly awful football team, especially their QB. And their QB looked like an all-american candidate today. Our defense couldn't stop an offense that every other team they faced had accomplished and with ease. Poor coaching, too, from Gundy and his staff. Could go on and on

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
When the this board realizes the world is not ending.
It was a disappointing loss which usually leads to a little bitching and moaning. Maybe a self righteous post reminding us we let it bother us too much will help.

Nope, it didn't.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
People have a right to be concerned. Texas Tech is a terribly awful football team, especially their QB. And their QB looked like an all-american candidate today. Our defense couldn't stop an offense that every other team they faced had accomplished and with ease. Poor coaching, too, from Gundy and his staff. Could go on and on
It was only the qb's second game.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 6, 2011
Meh. Made a choice before this season that I wasn’t going to get riled up by it anymore. Slipped a few weeks ago and now I’m done. I’ll follow the team and watch the games, but I’m just not going to get emotional about it anymore.

Hell, I’m waking up early and going fly fishing tomorrow. Life goes on.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Yep. But it’s still a football game. Just a football game.
Kind of. What my nephew does in his little league team is just a football game. What occurs every weekend for several months a year is millions of people attend college games, spending 10's of millions of dollars.

Even just OSU football employs 12 full time coaches with a combined income of over $10 million / year, 6 analysts, 17 more support staff, 85 scholarship athletes and more walk ons. We have a total of 5 full size football fields on campus to practice or play games on, and facilities that add up to half a billion dollars in value.

That doesn't mean people should lose their minds if we lose, but "just a game" is a bit of an understatement of the scope of the institution.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2011
I mean this board exists because we all care.
If it didn't give us excitment to win and tick us off when we lose we wouldn't be here posting.

That being said, I need to learn to care less

Apr 7, 2006
Curious if you can explain what coaching could have overcome our offensive line play and 5 turnovers. Oh and as it turns out, there are 2 teams playing. Perhaps Texas Tech made some good plays??

Sorry to interfere with your simple narrative that Gundy is the reason we lost. :rolleyes:

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Kind of. What my nephew does in his little league team is just a football game. What occurs every weekend for several months a year is millions of people attend college games, spending 10's of millions of dollars.

Even just OSU football employs 12 full time coaches with a combined income of over $10 million / year, 6 analysts, 17 more support staff, 85 scholarship athletes and more walk ons. We have a total of 5 full size football fields on campus to practice or play games on, and facilities that add up to half a billion dollars in value.

That doesn't mean people should lose their minds if we lose, but "just a game" is a bit of an understatement of the scope of the institution.
NO, it's just a game. What you read into your entitlement has nothing to do with just a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.