Space X sets new record

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
They launched a South Korean communications satellite using the Falcon 9 reusable rocket.

This happened 51 days after the same rocket had been used in a previous launch.

This marks the fastest turn around ever for a reusable rocket to be used in 2 launches

They have a goal of having a stable of reusable rockets at their disposal which will allow them to send up multiple launches per month and an end goal of being able to launch one time every week

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
I think he's saying we are cluttering up the sky too much. It's the newest form of pollution and one that is likely to get attention going forward.
That's the future. We're natural explorer's and we want to get off this rock. How else are the Vulcan's going to notice us?

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
That's the future. We're natural explorer's and we want to get off this rock. How else are the Vulcan's going to notice us?
It's the age old debate. I wouldn't like it if the entire US were jammed withing 100 miles of the east coast but I hate what it took, to land and people, to get where we are. I wouldn't want to still be living in the stone age, but I hate that we are using so many resources and polluting the planet.

What are you going to do?

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
It's the age old debate. I wouldn't like it if the entire US were jammed withing 100 miles of the east coast but I hate what it took, to land and people, to get where we are. I wouldn't want to still be living in the stone age, but I hate that we are using so many resources and polluting the planet.

What are you going to do?
There are side effects to growth.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Elon Musk is considering an IPO for Starlink. They announced this morning that for emergency responders fighting wild fires in the West and North West they can use it for free and residents in towns threatened by wild fires can use it for free

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1310973369840472064