Spencer Sanders = Tony Lindsey

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID
Dude...Tony Lindsay was one of my favorite qbs ever at OSU. He was not anywhere near as turnover prone as Sanders.

And really, Sanders doesnt remind me of any OSU qb. I think Sanders has potential to be a pretty solid qb. I think he needs to be given better plays that suit his game and he needs maximum full speed repetitions. He has the arm but lacks the touch and accuracy. Hes athletic as hell, but lacks vision or mental processing speed one of the two. Mental processing comes with experience. Vision of the field may not ever develop. You either see the field well or you dont.

To me, it seems like he doesnt have that inate ability to know where his receivers will be during their route to trust himself to make the throw to a spot and trust his receivers to get to the spot where he will throw to.

Maybe its the speed of college football that he still hasnt caught up to, or maybe hes pressing too much. Not quite sure. Im willing to trust that our coaches see something in him that makes them think his future is bright. Unfortunately, Im in the camp that would suggest he convert to wide receiver or safety at this point. But maybe giving him the rest of the year and the offseason to see if he overcomes his deficiencies is warranted. If he reduces his turnovers through end of year and starts seeing the full field, I think he'll be a solid qb for us.

Oct 29, 2016
US
Dude...Tony Lindsay was one of my favorite qbs ever at OSU. He was not anywhere near as turnover prone as Sanders.

And really, Sanders doesnt remind me of any OSU qb. I think Sanders has potential to be a pretty solid qb. I think he needs to be given better plays that suit his game and he needs maximum full speed repetitions. He has the arm but lacks the touch and accuracy. Hes athletic as hell, but lacks vision or mental processing speed one of the two. Mental processing comes with experience. Vision of the field may not ever develop. You either see the field well or you dont.

To me, it seems like he doesnt have that inate ability to know where his receivers will be during their route to trust himself to make the throw to a spot and trust his receivers to get to the spot where he will throw to.

Maybe its the speed of college football that he still hasnt caught up to, or maybe hes pressing too much. Not quite sure. Im willing to trust that our coaches see something in him that makes them think his future is bright. Unfortunately, Im in the camp that would suggest he convert to wide receiver or safety at this point. But maybe giving him the rest of the year and the offseason to see if he overcomes his deficiencies is warranted. If he reduces his turnovers through end of year and starts seeing the full field, I think he'll be a solid qb for us.
Sanders will not be the starter next year, mark it down. The QB commit from California will be. And Sanders will be used as the next rendition of the Rudolph/Walsh duo.

Oct 29, 2016
US
Bobby Reid would be more of an apt comparison.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Reid was an accurate passer, as long as he was passing the football in the stands. That's all he ever did lol. It was so frustrating. And you're right in comparison.. sometimes players just can't translate the same success in college as they did in high school. Happens all the time. I wanted Sanders to work out, but that clearly isn't the case... I don't think Sanders could ever be successful in collegiate football, as a starter.