State Farm Insurance email leak leads to the company being Canceled. FYI they ended the program and aren't going forward

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Nope. Didn’t say that at all. But there you go making assumptions. That's exactly what you said... "I find it chronically stupid that we in Oklahoma have such a trans/homo phobic stance"

Instead of dancing around bigotry and misogyny, some posters should just come out of the closet so to speak.
No who's making assumptions?

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
how is a private company publicly making their stance clear on supporting homosexuality via their marketing department deemed as homosexuals promoting their lifestyle ?
Because as a corporation, from a business perspective it's in vogue. They're seen as "caring" and it steers them clear of any potential negative publicity. And if you roll back in time to see how all of this started, you'll find it was the gay lobby making demands for this and that, and it's simply progressed and gained traction over time. The company didn't just wake up one day and make this kind of decision in a vacuum. Let's put it a different way, rhetorically speaking, why didn't they instead produce a cookie that supports all sexualities, or maybe even just heterosexuality?

Mar 11, 2006
Donate blood

Adopt a child (still illegal in 7 states)

Make medical decisions for their spouse without power of attorney

Being fired because they are gay. (27 states do NOT have legal protections against discriminations based on Sexual orientation and gender identity)

Avoid being labeled as a Sick person. Conversion Therapy to prevent or "cure" homosexuality is still legal in 25 states thus treating homosexuality as a Medical condition, disease or illness

Children born to an same sex married couples abroad may find they may not get citizenship for their children. The US Govt does not define a child born to surrogate non American mother outside of the US via a sperm donor as a US citizen. Even if the Sperm donor and their spouse are BOTH American. Many gay couples in the US turn to overseas surrogates when they can not adopt in the US.

Live in a general Population cell if you are a detained migrant. Migrants detained at the border by Border Patrol who identify as homosexuals' are put into solitary confinement. an estimated 8,400 homosexual migrants have been put into solitary confinement in the last 5 years at the border and 6 have committed suicide.

Conjugal visits. Homosexual prisoners can not have conjugal visits with their spouses if they are in prison in 43 states
FYI: I think you googled a very old news story, or a website that hasn’t been updated in awhile for your information.

What 7 states don’t allow same-sex couples adopting a child?
Are there some states that don’t allow same-sex spouse to make similar medical decisions as hetero spouses — if so, which ones?

Also, are you saying parents should NOT have the right to attempt conversion therapy? I am not suggesting that is a recommended therapy that parents should choose, but if some parents have rights for hormonal changes for their child, shouldn’t other parents have rights for other therapies? I always find it interesting how some people view one-way is great, but another viewpoint as bad.

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
FYI: I think you googled a very old news story, or a website that hasn’t been updated in awhile for your information.

What 7 states don’t allow same-sex couples adopting a child?
Are there some states that don’t allow same-sex spouse to make similar medical decisions as hetero spouses — if so, which ones?

Also, are you saying parents should NOT have the right to attempt conversion therapy? I am not suggesting that is a recommended therapy that parents should choose, but if some parents have rights for hormonal changes for their child, shouldn’t other parents have rights for other therapies? I always find it interesting how some people view one-way is great, but another viewpoint as bad.
Ahh I missed the SCOTUS ruling in 2017 that allows country wide adoptions by gay couples

As far as the conversion therapy. I was asked where legislation was different between homosexual and heterosexual. Not if it was right or wrong ..just different I just pointed out that in 25 states a Dr can diagnose you as homosexual as a medical condition and recommend you as a patient for conversion therapy....and they don't do that same thing and list your medical condition as heterosexual and recommend you to conversion therapy to make you gay ..that isn't even possible by today's legislation.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Ahh I missed the SCOTUS ruling in 2017 that allows country wide adoptions by gay couples

As far as the conversion therapy. I was asked where legislation was different between homosexual and heterosexual. Not if it was right or wrong ..just different I just pointed out that in 25 states a Dr can diagnose you as homosexual as a medical condition and recommend you as a patient for conversion therapy....and they don't do that same thing and list your medical condition as heterosexual and recommend you to conversion therapy to make you gay ..that isn't even possible by today's legislation.
I had thought states couldn't ban same-sex adoption, but private organizations can. Considering that private organizations handle a ton of adoptions, it's a massive loophole. A friend of mine was turned down twice because he was gay and that was three years ago.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I had thought states couldn't ban same-sex adoption, but private organizations can. Considering that private organizations handle a ton of adoptions, it's a massive loophole. A friend of mine was turned down twice because he was gay and that was three years ago.
I think u are correct

I know a person who's is highly active in crusading for gay rights and I knew they were still non stop talking about the adoption fight not being over but never really paid enough attention to dig into it

Dec 9, 2013
No who's making assumptions?
My words: “but I find it chronically stupid that we in Oklahoma have such a trans/homo phobic stance”

Your words: “but at the same time label those that don't want sex education for 5 year olds as trans/homo phobic?”

Nowhere do I say that people who don’t want sex ed taught to 5 year olds are trans/homo phobic. You made that leap by yourself.

It could be that I was referencing Oklahoma’s past state question votes where basically 75% of the voters approved gambling questions and by about the same margins voted down a state question on gay marriage on the same ballot.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I think u are correct

I know a person who's is highly active in crusading for gay rights and I knew they were still non stop talking about the adoption fight not being over but never really paid enough attention to dig into it
The Supreme Court hasn't actually established a right for same-sex abortion or banned states from prohibiting them.

They did rule that a State (Alabama) that refused to uphold and enforce a Georgia same-sex adoption once the parents moved to Alabama and got a divorce was a violation of the full faith and credit provision of the Constitution.

Supreme Court has also held that Philadelphia could not refuse to contract with a Catholic adoption agency for services because the private agency refused to do same sex adoptions or even consider them.

Arguable, the Obergfell decision resolved the question of whether a state could ban same-sex adoptions....but as we are seeing now in other cases....that's is subject to overturning at any time.

Mar 11, 2006
Do you think private orgs (ie Catholic adoption groups) should be forced to handle adoptions? I may not agree with a religious group not wanting to serve some people, but I would hope other would respect their right to hold their religious views.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Yes, I would absolutely say that parents should not have the right to attempt conversion therapy. It is already banned in many states and most advanced countries because it is harmful and not helpful at all. Treatments are not viewpoints they are treatments. We generally do not allow harms to children based on beliefs. Blood letting is a treatment, but we no longer allow it.

Mar 11, 2006
Yes, I would absolutely say that parents should not have the right to attempt conversion therapy. It is already banned in many states and most advanced countries because it is harmful and not helpful at all. Treatments are not viewpoints they are treatments. We generally do not allow harms to children based on beliefs. Blood letting is a treatment, but we no longer allow it.
I don’t think a comparison with blood letting and gay conversion therapy is a fair one. If there are doctors or therapists that support gay conversion therapy, and there are parents that for some reason want to use it, I would think that should be their right

I don’t doubt at all that the success rate for conversion therapy is minimal at best and I agree that it is something most normal loving parents would not do. But, just because I don’t personally agree doesn’t mean I don’t think other parents shouldn’t have that choice.

Parents have the right for therapies and drugs to alter their children due to gender identity. Understandably, those parental decisions are controversial just like a controversial decision to utilize conversion therapies.

Whenever there is a choice, I lean to choice of keeping the government out of parental decisions.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I don’t think a comparison with blood letting and gay conversion therapy is a fair one. If there are doctors or therapists that support gay conversion therapy, and there are parents that for some reason want to use it, I would think that should be their right.

Parents have the right for therapies and drugs to alter their children due to gender identity. Understandably, those parental decisions are controversial just like a controversial decision to utilize conversion therapies.

Whenever there is a choice, I lean to choice of keeping the government out of parental decisions.
You are comparing something with no modern medical evidence of benefit to something that has modern medical evidence of benefit.
I am comparing two things without benefit. You can believe my comparison is unfair. I believe yours is.

The fact that someone is a doctor or therapist gives them pretty wide latitude from our government. But, not to the point of doing something that is clearly harmful, particularly with children.

Mar 11, 2006
You are comparing something with no modern medical evidence of benefit to something that has modern medical evidence of benefit.
I am comparing two things without benefit. You can believe my comparison is unfair. I believe yours is.

The fact that someone is a doctor or therapist gives them pretty wide latitude from our government. But, not to the point of doing something that is clearly harmful, particularly with children.
Would you say all doctors/therapists say that conversion therapy is “clearly harmful”? My assumption is if this is still being done in the amount of states listed prior in this thread that the answer is no.

There are also doctors/therapists which are against/concerned about hormone therapy for kids. Certainly that viewed is not shared by all doctors.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Would you say all doctors/therapists say that conversion therapy is “clearly harmful”? My assumption is if this is still being done in the amount of states listed prior in this thread that the answer is no.

There are also doctors/therapists which are against/concerned about hormone therapy for kids. Certainly that viewed is not shared by all doctors.
Some clinicians will always hold onto harmful and even extremely dangerous practices. That's not a standard to go with. To your point though, the vast majority agree it's harmful.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Some clinicians will always hold onto harmful and even extremely dangerous practices. That's not a standard to go with. To your point though, the vast majority agree it's harmful.
Are you saying that hormone therapy in adolescents is or isn’t harmful?

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Because kids who actually need to see and read it and understand there are other people like them are committing suicide because they have no clue that other people are like them out there and need info to guide them through what they are going through and a resource to answer some of the questions they have.

82% of transgender kids age 15 and under have thought of commiting suicide.

42% of them HAVE TRIED to commit suicided in 2021 ALONE.

Suicide in Transgender/nonbinary kids is the LEADING cause of death from ages 10-24.

Putting the information in front of the kids SHOULD NOT be controversial. No one is asking them or forcing them to read it, it is just a project to make more information and books available on the topic if someone DOES decide they need to read it.

The idea behind this project was just to get more books and info out on the shelves in case someone DID need to read it.
Directionally which way are these numbers going? That’s awful. Based on what you have posted I can imagine they are trending down.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city

"All" doctors and therapists would not even agree on germ theory so that just isn't a practical method of determining appropriateness.

There are no reputable medical societies/journal articles/medical education seminars that condone the practice. It is clearly out on the fringe of medical practice and not accepted as mainstream in any way.

Of course, there are people concerned about hormone therapy for kids. Heck, I am. Like anything in medicine, especially if politicized, it can be overdone or done incorrectly. But, that doesn't change the fact that there are proper studies showing benefits in the right patients, unlike conversion therapy.