Stillwater Regional - Welcome MSU, GCU, and UA to Stillwater!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 1, 2021
Stillwater
Even though this region was off the wall abnormal, overall, the regional games has been a hit imho. I haven’t watched this much of baseball in one weekend.

Yes pitching sucked, that’s actually a good statement as they were beyond horrible. They really need to recruit a lot differently, aka, power arms are not pitchers, they are throwers as the walks and hbp showed exactly that. They need pitchers, don’t care if it’s 89mph, Parker was a great example of what they need. They had them but they so focused on the power arm and let the others go.

I have to admit, hitting was unbelievable, they had heart, resilience, and the drive to not give up. Down 12-0 and to win, numerous pitching failures, come back and answering runs back was crazy awesome.

I hope they pull it through but pitching isn’t going to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
For those that whine about SEC bias....

22-6 through Sunday (on way to 23-6 with Auburn 1-hitting UCLA in the 6th up 9-0.)

Tennessee thru
A&M thru
Auburn 2-0 and almost thru (up 9-0 bottom 6th)
Ole Miss needs to win 1 of next twos
Florida winner-take-all Noon
LSU winner-take-all 3pm
Vandy winner-take-all 3pm
Arkansas winner-take all 6pm

2022 Bracket allowed for a max of 6 SEC teams in CWS due to SEC v SEC super-regionals. 6 are still possible heading into last day of Regionals.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok

22-6 through Sunday (on way to 23-6 with Auburn 1-hitting UCLA in the 6th up 9-0.)

Tennessee thru
A&M thru
LSU winner-take-all 3pm

2022 Bracket allowed for a max of 6 SEC teams in CWS due to SEC v SEC super-regionals. 6 are still possible heading into last day of Regionals.
How bad did Oregon State get screwed by being #3 national seed and having Vandy as their #2?

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
what an absolutely crazy/bipolar/exciting day of baseball yesterday! that's all...
Dear Cowboy Baseball,
Tonight, get a lead early, don't squander it, and let us have a relaxing, fun time!
Sincerely,
PF5

Aug 24, 2015
Houston
Here’s the breakdown of your pitch count:
Oklahoma State pitch counts
Martin - 139
Mitchell - 117
Campbell - 89
Mederos - 78
Phansalkar - 67
McLean - 61
Bogusz - 49
Davis - 48
Morill - 29
Root - 18
Ure - 16
Marsh - 13
Arkansas pitch counts
Noland - 110
McEntire - 81
Tygart - 65
Taylor - 51
Morris - 49
Ramage - 48
Smith - 46
Wiggins - 37
Trest - 15
Vermillion - 6
Starks - 4

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Well all, I went to my dr appointment….they had to up my dosage on my blood pressure medication.

She asked me, “what has change that your blood pressure is extremely high?”

I told her, “turn your tv on to ESPN2 @6 pm and you will know why.”

just kidding on the blood pressure meds…but I do have them close just in case

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
How bad did Oregon State get screwed by being #3 national seed and having Vandy as their #2?
Vandy is actually a mediocre SEC team this year and their record in conference shows that. Now do A&M getting the regular season B12 champ as their 2 and texas having a path to Omaha without having to ever face a team from a power 5 conference. Don't know, actually do, how they continuously get dealt easy paths?

Sooner, rather than later, the NCAA just needs to seed 1-64 and set regionals based on that, travel be damned.
It's the only fair way to do it.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2012
Wichita, KS

Tennessee thru
A&M thru
LSU winner-take-all 3pm

SEC definitely deserves the recognition they get as they have great programs with die hard followings. It just makes sense to pander to the teams that have the most fans.

That being said, the Big 12 seems to get a lot of recognition as well from baseball media. Our track record this year didn’t warrant a 7 seed but I think the media pumping is up all year and our facilities probably contributed to that.

Aug 8, 2012
Wichita, KS
Vandy is actually a mediocre SEC team this year and their record in conference shows that. Now do A&M getting the regular season B12 champ as their 2 and texas having a path to Omaha without having to ever face a team from a power 5 conference. Don't know, actually do, how they continuously get dealt easy paths?
I was going to say basically this. Vandy has not been good this year. A lot of 2 seeds and some 3 seeds that seem to be better. The fun of baseball is that it doesn’t really matter in postseason though. Any team with talent can make it happen and Vandy does not lack talent. Their recruiting classes are ridiculous.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Here’s the breakdown of your pitch count:
Oklahoma State pitch counts
Martin - 139
Mitchell - 117
Campbell - 89
Mederos - 78
Phansalkar - 67
McLean - 61
Bogusz - 49
Davis - 48
Morill - 29
Root - 18
Ure - 16
Marsh - 13
Arkansas pitch counts
Noland - 110
McEntire - 81
Tygart - 65
Taylor - 51
Morris - 49
Ramage - 48
Smith - 46
Wiggins - 37
Trest - 15
Vermillion - 6
Starks - 4
Wouldn’t Campbell be good to start tonight after having rested since Friday night? Is nearly 3 full days rest sufficient for him to start again? If we could get four or five innings out of him that would really be beneficial!