Stillwater Regional - Welcome MSU, GCU, and UA to Stillwater!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
At that point we didn’t need Josh in the dugout. Go make a point about the horrible call and light a fire under your team. Walk off the field and let the players finish it out.
not only the 8 and 9 but we pinch hit a guy that has what, maybe 30 at bats all year? He wasn’t playing for a hit to tie the was playing for a homer run. Yet we bunted.

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
If Josh wants to have an Omaha caliber program (once in 10 years ain't it) he's going to have to be humble enough to look in the mirror and see what he needs to change, and it starts with him.

I still believe he's the guy for OSU baseball. But each of the last few seasons, I get less and less confident.
Leopards don't change their spots. Especially, hyper egotistical ones.

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
Bunting in the 8th is not playing to win. It’s playing not to lose. And that’s a loser move.
Absolutely. You bunt to move runners when your playing teams that don’t give up many runs. Their pitcher was struggling to throw strikes and he just thumped your runner in the leg. Hmmm…he may have trouble running to second base plus 2 on no outs. Could be a BIG inning! Not in Holiday’s Lego playbook.

Nov 18, 2010
Josh is his dad. Good coach, not great. Big talker.
There's a little bit of a "Son takes over father's company", feeling to Josh sometimes. He knows the business of baseball. No question there. He can put together talented, competitive teams and that's pretty great. We'll probably always be in the top half of the league. He could probably coach another 10 years based on that alone.

But at times, it feels like the fire is missing, which you sometimes see when a son takes over the family business. Important things happen and we need a visit to the mound, or at least, a catcher's visit. But we do absolutely nothing. He watches from the dugout and the inning gets away and we have to scramble to catch up. It happens a lot.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Seemed the umps and refs called plays in the 8th and 9th allowing ARK advantages to limit our chance of winning in those innings.
The Arkansas player called safe then out at third ran by the Ump and said F You to him and the ump did not eject him as they gave both Mendham and that player warning when they were pushing each other at first base.

Go figure 29 runs yesterday and only 3 today! We had the momentum until ump stop calling strikes in the 9th.

Oh well we will have more experienced players next year and this experience will help us in the future.

Beyond me why Josh refused to take out Bogusz after two runs in the third inning. Campbell looked like he could have started for five innings and then bring in Bogusz or Morrill.

Sep 29, 2015
Omaha
Thanks to some of the baseball loyalists for the baseball discussion, updates, game play by play, etc all season. Agree with many here in that the team no doubt showed a ton of heart yesterday but this will go down as a disappointment. A tough draw no doubt in getting Arkansas as the 2-seed, but this was a team with the talent to make a run to Omaha and maybe make some noise there.

Osmond's injury certainly didn't help but it's the latest in a trend of at least one arm breaking down by the end of the year and not enough depth developed throughout the year. I think we are ready for some new blood at the pitching coach position but not sure that's likely to happen. I thought the crowd the last 2 nights was the best home crowd we've seen at O'Brate and I hope that's something that continues next year. It'll be interesting to see the roster comings and goings between now and the fall. I continue to think one of Josh's greatest failings is he's failed to create a culture where the teams seems to embrace pressure moments. He needs to take a hard look at why that continues to be a trend for his teams.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha
Good point, that was really with his first recruiting class. But, his only Big 12 title was Frank’s guys. I miss Saulyer Saxon.
Exactly. Those guys were graduated by 2016. The Omaha team was largely that first monster recruiting class and some JUCO additions like Benge, Theroux, and Davis.

That 2014 team is still my favorite of the Josh era. IMO, Erhard has some Saxon in him.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
I guess players going MLB would be:

Campbell
Mederos
Osmond
Martin
McLean
Doershing
Thompson

Jackson Holiday our recruit is listed as the #1 in draft pick so doubtful he turns that down.

Walton is listed high for BU job but he turned it down previously..

I guess other players could transfer. Others seem to complain of numbers of players who transfer from OSU. I noticed ARK roster had mostly Junior and Senior starters.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Exactly. Those guys were graduated by 2016. The Omaha team was largely that first monster recruiting class and some JUCO additions like Benge, Theroux, and Davis.

That 2014 team is still my favorite of the Josh era. IMO, Erhard has some Saxon in him.
Ehrhard is such an exciting player. I do love the young talent with him, Riggio, Daugherty, Benge, and Meola.