Stoops Crying About Game Time

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Epperley28

Federal Marshal
Nov 11, 2005
Um yeah. That why we told SEC 2 years ago we wouldn't join their league unless OSU could come along.

You better be on your knees thanking Stoops, Boren and Joe C for the gifts you have received.

In fact, you should be walking up to every OU fan you see and shaking their hand and professing your gratitude
It was the PAC-10 and Stoops and Castiglione had nothing to do with it, but thanks for playing.

While I appreciate the effort, nothing came of it, so those "gifts" you speak of really amounted to a hill-and-a-half of beans.

soonerchris1985

Territorial Marshal
Jun 14, 2010
It was the PAC-10 and Stoops and Castiglione had nothing to do with it, but thanks for playing.

While I appreciate the effort, nothing came of it, so those "gifts" you speak of really amounted to a hill-and-a-half of beans.
Actually there was an SEC offer on the table to come with aTm the first go around. We said no because we wanted OSU to come and because SEC academics aren't what OU wanted to be aligned with.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5319856

But thanks for playing.

Epperley28

Federal Marshal
Nov 11, 2005
Actually there was an SEC offer on the table to come with aTm the first go around. We said no because we wanted OSU to come and because SEC academics aren't what OU wanted to be aligned with.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5319856

But thanks for playing.
You're going to have to work on your reading comprehension, not to mention your "inside knowledge" because the SEC talks never reached that point. Hypotheticals don't count.
"Had the Pac-10 thing fallen apart, had the Big 12 minus two not been put back together, we would have probably ended up having much more serious conversations with the SEC, and [asked] would they take OSU and Texas, for example," Boren said. "It never got to that."
However, neither deal came through so Boren, while respectably well-intentioned, never actually got anything for OSU. Thanking every Sooner fan I see seems a bit excessive considering all that brotherly love gained us exactly bupkiss.

Epperley28

Federal Marshal
Nov 11, 2005
Boren stuck his neck out for us with the Pac-10. That part is true. It didn't amount to anything, but I respect him more for doing it.

soonerchris1985

Territorial Marshal
Jun 14, 2010
You're going to have to work on your reading comprehension, not to mention your "inside knowledge" because the SEC talks never reached that point. Hypotheticals don't count.

However, neither deal came through so Boren, while respectably well-intentioned, never actually got anything for OSU. Thanking every Sooner fan I see seems a bit excessive considering all that brotherly love gained us exactly bupkiss.
I couldn't care less about the other stuff he said which most of it was him trying to get under your skin which obviously it worked for you to post such a defensive post .

What I'm saying is, OU could have joined the SEC and left OSU in the dark(I think Texas goes INDY if that happens), the offer was there OU chose not to take it.

Epperley28

Federal Marshal
Nov 11, 2005
I couldn't care less about the other stuff he said which most of it was him trying to get under your skin which obviously it worked for you to post such a defensive post .

What I'm saying is, OU could have joined the SEC and left OSU in the dark(I think Texas goes INDY if that happens), the offer was there OU chose not to take it.
Because of loyalty to OSU or because Stoops knows the SEC is full of cheaters that would eat his lunch?

soonerchris1985

Territorial Marshal
Jun 14, 2010
Because of loyalty to OSU or because Stoops knows the SEC is full of cheaters that would eat his lunch?
I don't think Stoops cares. I think it was the loyalty to OSU and Texas because we already lost Nebraska. No need to lose our only other natural rivalries.

soonerchris1985

Territorial Marshal
Jun 14, 2010
When Bob starts a game so late on a Saturday that it ends on Sunday, then he can complain.
Dude you are comparing a game that started around midnight because of a rain storm to complaining about 80% or more of the games starting after 7 pm, had he singled out the tech game you'd have a point.

Nov 23, 2010
OKC
Dude you are comparing a game that started around midnight because of a rain storm to complaining about 80% or more of the games starting after 7 pm, had he singled out the tech game you'd have a point.
To quote you: calm down Nancy, it was a joke.

Now calm down Nancy.