Streaming TV

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Well, Fubo is dropping Fox RSNs too now...
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/fubotv-drops-fox-regional-sports-networks/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Well, good thing I canceled before the end of my free trial. That would have really sucked to have been stuck with that for a month.

I like the way the DVR and channel guides work better with Youtube TV, but Sling TV has a better channel lineup, a couple of channels that I want that YTTV doesn't have, so I've decided to go with Sling.

I wonder what's going to happen with the RSNs now that they're all owned by Disney? Repackaged in ESPN+?

Mar 11, 2006
Well, good thing I canceled before the end of my free trial. That would have really sucked to have been stuck with that for a month.

I wonder what's going to happen with the RSNs now that they're all owned by Disney? Repackaged in ESPN+?
Disney doesnt own the Fox RSNs. They are owned by Sinclair.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Disney doesnt own the Fox RSNs. They are owned by Sinclair.
I guess then I'm really confused by this paragraph that opened the article:

It seems that the sale of FOX owned Fox Sports Regional Sports Networks, FX, FXX, FXM, and National Geographic to Disney has caught up with fuboTV. Earlier today fuboTV dropped the now Disney owned networks Fox Sports RSNs,FX, FXX, FXM, and National Geographic.​
Who the freak owns Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.?

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK

It seems that the sale of FOX owned Fox Sports Regional Sports Networks, FX, FXX, FXM, and National Geographic to Disney has caught up with fuboTV. Earlier today fuboTV dropped the now Disney owned networks Fox Sports RSNs,FX, FXX, FXM, and National Geographic.​
I just live my life with the assumption that Disney owns everything... Most of the time I'm right. :lol:

Mar 11, 2006

Disney agreed to sell the Fox RSNs as part of their agreement to buy the other Fox channels. It was a FCC requirement.
Disney sold them to Sinclair. That deal closed Q3 of last year.

Mar 11, 2006
Any word as to exactly what SBG is going to do with them?
Two things mainly, my guess. 1) tie-in content for their broadcasting stations. This also helps with ad sales. 2) Leverage the Fox sports content to launch new multicast broadcast stations and increase retransmission fees from operators

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Sling is the best option for sports, but the cloud DVR sucks. YoutubeTV's cloud DVR is way better.
I absolutely love the cloud DVR that youtube tv has... I just add a show to my library and it just builds up episodes. Best part is not having to worry about it filling up because it's unlimited. I've added movies, series, sports, etc. It automatically records OSU football (or whatever team you follow) so you don't even have to manually set those to record like on traditional cable.

Feb 15, 2007
Looks like YouTube tv and Sinclair have agreed to a short term extension to continue negotiating the fox regional sports situation beyond today. I didn't see any timeline.