Super Regional Game 2

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Just an observance on Garcia slow playing the ball in the ninth: it appeared the tech guy (may have) called time for possible injury or grunt/noise in pain. But it wasn't loud and Garcia looked back to see and the guy was down on a knee. No excuse for lack of hustle but, that's the dude they went on and on about with the hammy issue.
Anyway, just something I saw and hopefully he learned a lesson.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
The Tech board was blaming us for the whistler. I had the volume down because of this horrible announcers. Was the whistler a Tech or OSU fan?
No doubt it was Tech. He was whistling the “Lets go Raiders... clap, clap.....clap, clap, clap” chant the whole time.
Not so. I was at the game. He was an OSU guy. He was whistling in rhythm with the section of OSU fans clapping while we were at the plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Just an observance on Garcia slow playing the ball in the ninth: it appeared the tech guy (may have) called time for possible injury or grunt/noise in pain. But it wasn't loud and Garcia looked back to see and the guy was down on a knee. No excuse for lack of hustle but, that's the dude they went on and on about with the hammy issue.
Anyway, just something I saw and hopefully he learned a lesson.
Yeah, Alix thought the guy was down hard. Also, that was Holt that reached on error and Neuse was the hammy guy. He ended the inning on third.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Not so. I was at the game. He was an OSU guy. He was whistling in rhythm with the section of OSU fans clapping.

Then the fans didn’t know it because you could clearly hear Let’s go Raiders. Pretty sure the mic was taped to the seat in front of him.
Tech fans were annoyed by it. Guaranteed it was a Cowboy fan.

Nov 14, 2010
Good thing our players are resilient and don’t quit...seasons been declared over nearly every game by many on this board of “fans/supporters”.
Quit attacking OSU fans

It's great that we actually have people who care again

We don't need people like you driving them away

Good or bad, having people who care is a good thing

Get over yourself and enjoy this ride and let others be fans

pennpoke

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2012
York, PA
Not so. I was at the game. He was an OSU guy. He was whistling in rhythm with the section of OSU fans clapping while we were at the plate.

Our whistling guy wasn’t nearly as obnoxious as their yelling guy who couldn’t stop with the idiotic comments directed at individual players. He was running out of material so he had to give Boone grief for getting picked off in game one. Even after Boone struck out he still wasn’t savvy enough to come up with anything else.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
I could hear a TT fan making negative remarks to Huey being a freshman and missing a hit and run sign where runner was picked off. However, you didn’t hear him much after Huey hit a two-run HR.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2017
Earth
Quit attacking OSU fans

Yes we need many new non traditional baseball fans to buy season tickets in the new stadium. We also need a student section that is raucous, even though they may not understand the intricacies of the game.

marshmo

Wrangler
Dec 6, 2013
I hadn't seen an outfielder come to the infield before.

Can you bring any outfielder to any spot of the infield or are there limitations?

Jun 14, 2017
Texas
Quit attacking OSU fans

What was inaccurate in my post? Can assure you I’m a lot closer to the program than you are and those within the program don’t appreciate the uo type fan. Unlike some I actually am thinking of the coaches and players not myself which is who the uneducated entitled whiners are thinking about when our student athletes don’t meet their expectations. Being close to those in the middle of it who care and try harder than anybody definitely changes your perspective as a “fan” and compels you to call out ignorant posts. According to your logic calling out a few fair weather fans is off limits but attacking the team is fair game. Loyal and true! Cowboy up!

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
What was inaccurate in my post? Can assure you I’m a lot closer to the program than you are and those within the program don’t appreciate the uo type fan. Unlike some I actually am thinking of the coaches and players not myself which is who the uneducated entitled whiners are thinking about when our student athletes don’t meet their expectations. Being close to those in the middle of it who care and try harder than anybody definitely changes your perspective as a “fan” and compels you to call out ignorant posts. According to your logic calling out a few fair weather fans is off limits but attacking the team is fair game. Loyal and true! Cowboy up!
Watch your tone pal. Do you know who you are talking to?

Nov 14, 2010
What is inaccurate is the hyperbole you're using.

This is very high level baseball featuring 2 programs that don't like each other.

Tech is selling out and doing everything they can to give their kids an edge and a great home field advantage.

I hope someday OSU fans provide a home field advantage in baseball like we're facing this weekend.

You're on a message board so you have no idea who is closer to what or who, so that's a bad statement to make. I can't say if it's inaccurate because I don't know you because, again, were on a message board

"UO type fans"?

Hell
OU didn't put 500 people in the seats for the big 12 tournament

If you're bothered by something posted on a message board game thrread then you need to get tougher skin or stay away from social media

Unlike you, it certainly hasn't bothered our kids. We came back twice yesterday late in the game, and came from behind all day Friday and have had an epic last month.

I saw several people that are part the program in all sorts of different roles last night eating dinner and I assure you they weren't bothered.

They were excited about being 1 game away from Omaha.

If a player or coach chooses to view an anonymous message board, and gets bothered by something said, then good luck to them

They didn't get where they're at by being that soft.

If you think it's a good idea, being close to the program like you say, to attack the small amount of baseball fans that do care about this program, then we'll disagree on that.

Hopefully OSU fans have enjoyed this last month and fall in love with OSU baseball and people like you don't drive them away.

Last edited: