Talk me down from my football expectations

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
No

I just showed you my original quote but here it is again
"If it becomes clear that he is going to be behind Sanders until Sanders graduates, he will go somewhere else."
I doubt that will become clear until 2021 or later. I would think we have two very good QB options and IF Illingsworth proves that I'd bet both play. But...we are putting the cart before the horse and Sanders improvement once he shut off the turnover faucet and quit playing hero ball was sizable. IF he continues down that road and illingsworth is indeed what he appears to be "in high school," it's going to be an interesting spring in the QB battle.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
No

There is nothing convoluted about this statement.....

"If it becomes clear that he is going to be behind Sanders until Sanders graduates, he will go somewhere else."

So.... as I said....RA said that, when/if illingsworth realizes that he is not going to dethrone Sanders, he will not stay at OSU and sit behind Sanders until he graduates.
There is a difference between “he will not sit behind Sanders” and “if he is going to be behind Sanders until Sanders graduates, he will go somewhere else.” You stated both.

I may ask RA via twitter if he actually said that. Seems pretty unlikely to make such a bold statement but hey, you said he said it so I should probably just take your word at face value.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
You’re reaching Mike. I understood what bullet was saying after the first post. Most talented QBs aren’t going to sit around and wait for too long when they know are good enough to play somewhere

I would suggest an alternative scenario. What if Illingsworth comes in, opens the coaches eyes and starts stealing Spencer’s playing time? It could be Sanders that leaves. Sort of like Lawerence and Bryant at Clemson.

It’s a problem but it’s one you have to accept if you have talented players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IF Illingsworth takes Sanders’s starting spot, Sanders will be looking for a new home. There is little doubt about that.

Oct 30, 2007
Illingsworth will likely redshirt during his freshman season unless Sanders gets hurt. If that happens, he won't be able to transfer without losing a year until after he graduates, and he won't graduate before Sanders is gone.

You never know how things will work out, but I wouldn't be too worried about it yet. If anything, I would worry about our lack of proven depth at quarterback. That could be an issue if we have injuries.

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
Illingsworth will likely redshirt during his freshman season unless Sanders gets hurt. If that happens, he won't be able to transfer without losing a year until after he graduates, and he won't graduate before Sanders is gone.

You never know how things will work out, but I wouldn't be too worried about it yet. If anything, I would worry about our lack of proven depth at quarterback. That could be an issue if we have injuries.
Exactly. These things have a way of working themselves out. Just look at this year. We needed 2 QBs for multiple games due to injury.

Nov 14, 2010
There is a difference between “he will not sit behind Sanders” and “if he is going to be behind Sanders until Sanders graduates, he will go somewhere else.” You stated both.

I may ask RA via twitter if he actually said that. Seems pretty unlikely to make such a bold statement but hey, you said he said it so I should probably just take your word at face value.
Yeah.....
Meaning, he won't sit behind Sander's until Sander's graduates....Meaning...in that scenario, if/when Illingsworth realizes he's going to have to wait until Sanders graduates, he would go somewhere else

Goodness

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

He went back and edited his original post. LOL!!!