Tennis and Soccer Facilities

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2006
Tennis - taking from a comment from Larry Reece - the Tennis facility has started and will be a state of the art Indoor / Outdoor facility. Does anyone know for sure if we will be doing it all at one time or will it be outdoor courts first then indoor once funded. Basically do we already have the indoor funds?

Soccer - Do we have the funds and when will it start?

Dec 15, 2004
Edmond
the tennis has begun, and when I last heard, the entire facility was going to be undertaken from the beginning. I first thought (two years ago), that they might do the outdoor, and then work on funding the indoor, but some people have stepped up and they have determined to complete the entire playing facility.....perhaps some amenities might be held off, but the courts are going to be completed in both from what I understand

Anaranjado

It is Stillwater, not Stilly.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2011
Denver, CO
the tennis has begun, and when I last heard, the entire facility was going to be undertaken from the beginning. I first thought (two years ago), that they might do the outdoor, and then work on funding the indoor, but some people have stepped up and they have determined to complete the entire playing facility.....perhaps some amenities might be held off, but the courts are going to be completed in both from what I understand
nice. i hope they are comprable to tulsa's tennis facilities. they's be nice.

Dec 15, 2004
Edmond
there are some similarities in design with Tulsa, but some other things as well......the renderings that they posted are absolutely gorgeous

Dec 15, 2004
Edmond
i like the arrangement of courts in the drawings better for college tennis than what Tulsa has....just a personal opinion, not saying it's better.....
i always look at such a set-up from a fan point of view

Sep 18, 2006
SEC country :(

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
A/V Subscriber
Sep 27, 2010
Those were posted 23 Sep 11, and this little bit was in the captions:

The outdoor portions of the Tennis Facility should be ready in the next six to 12 months, but the athletic department is still seeking some funding to complete the indoor portion.

What happened? Whenever I pass by, it looks like things are ground to a halt.
Dolla Dolla bill, ya'll.

Dec 15, 2004
Edmond
Those were posted 23 Sep 11, and this little bit was in the captions:

The outdoor portions of the Tennis Facility should be ready in the next six to 12 months, but the athletic department is still seeking some funding to complete the indoor portion.

What happened? Whenever I pass by, it looks like things are ground to a halt.
The decision was made to wait to begin the outdoor courts, instead trying to get more funding for the entire project, because one family in particular stepped up with some serious funds....thus making the indoor a much more tangible reality.

I haven't been there in quite some time, but, Coach Young had mentioned that the first week of June, the earthmoving would begin.....that's all I can tell you about that.

Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
Soccer - Do we have the funds and when will it start?
I have heard that the university wants the current soccer area for housing (I think) so they are moving more quickly on moving the soccer complex to the Athletic Village area. Not sure how funding works, but because the university wants the old area apparently there are some $$$ changing pots to start the new soccer complex.

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
Renderings look good for the tennis complex, and the Cowgirls certainly deserve to have better soccer facilities. Things are looking up in Stillwater.

Jan 26, 2007
God's Country
Heard an interview with the new tennis coach a couple of weeks ago......he made it sound like they were going to begin working on the new facility this month. That was one of the reasons he chose to come to Stillwater. Using Tulsa's facilities will hopefully be for the short term.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I have heard that the university wants the current soccer area for housing (I think) so they are moving more quickly on moving the soccer complex to the Athletic Village area. Not sure how funding works, but because the university wants the old area apparently there are some $$$ changing pots to start the new soccer complex.
:ban: