The Battle of Who Can Suck Less...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
Goes to Oklahoma State! Man this Bedlam "rivalry" isn't much of a rivalry this year. I thought there was a sport or two ou is good at?

PC_cowboy33

Orange ruler guy
Feb 7, 2007
Edmond
www.facebook.com
Still got baseball and womens basketball!
OU's baseball team will be decent at best. OSU won't sweep them, but I bet they split the 4 game series just like the last 2 years. OU will need to find 3 or 4 guys who can hit to reach their full potential this year...should be interesting to see if team chemistry is better or worse with another year of Sunny :lol:

soonerchris1985

Territorial Marshal
Jun 14, 2010
OU's baseball team will be decent at best. OSU won't sweep them, but I bet they split the 4 game series just like the last 2 years. OU will need to find 3 or 4 guys who can hit to reach their full potential this year...should be interesting to see if team chemistry is better or worse with another year of Sunny :lol:
I think OU is going to be a lot better than decent. There is a reason they are ranked #16 in Baseball America.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
I think OU is going to be a lot better than decent. There is a reason they are ranked #16 in Baseball America.
what were they ranked last year in the preseason and where did they finish? Same goes for football this year. Preseason rankings mean nothing

soonerchris1985

Territorial Marshal
Jun 14, 2010
Got a link for that? I must have missed baseballamerica's preseason rankings. Looked at their projections for Omaha, which included projections for Super Regionals and 8 sleepers...you guess it, no OU.

LINK
It was collegiate baseball my bad. But the link is on land thieves other sports now the penalty box fourm. Thread title is self explanatory says ou baseball ranked #16. I use tapatalk for both fourms so cant paste the link.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

PC_cowboy33

Orange ruler guy
Feb 7, 2007
Edmond
www.facebook.com
It was collegiate baseball my bad. But the link is on land thieves other sports now the penalty box fourm. Thread title is self explanatory says ou baseball ranked #16. I use tapatalk for both fourms so cant paste the link.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
Ah, okay I found it. Yeah, I'll just say I'd be shocked if OU even comes close to 16th by April. I haven't looked at their schedule, but they lost a lot to the draft so to me, they have to prove it before I buy in...particularly with the way last year's team started, then fell apart at the seams because of locker room/lack of bullpen depth issues. OU's recruiting was solid for arms, but bats remain a mystery, hence my low expectations.

To be fair, I think OSU will be just about what they were last year, win 32-34 games and make a regional but nothing more.

soonerchris1985

Territorial Marshal
Jun 14, 2010
Ah, okay I found it. Yeah, I'll just say I'd be shocked if OU even comes close to 16th by April. I haven't looked at their schedule, but they lost a lot to the draft so to me, they have to prove it before I buy in...particularly with the way last year's team started, then fell apart at the seams because of locker room/lack of bullpen depth issues. OU's recruiting was solid for arms, but bats remain a mystery, hence my low expectations.

To be fair, I think OSU will be just about what they were last year, win 32-34 games and make a regional but nothing more.

We still return some good bats. Bushyhead and Ross are good average hitters. White an Riene both have power and hopefully the year got them used to the new bats. Evan Mistach is another reliable hitter as well.

I think like Stoops, Sunny did some house cleaning. I think this team suits they way Sunny manages even more.

Now if not it maybe a long year.

SEC Rules

Banned
Banned
Jan 6, 2012
That's what I thought too... and was sorely disappointed when I found out that wasn't the case.
The big 12's winner and runner up. They both lost to .500 and sub .500 teams. Biggest out of conference win was a four loss Florida State team. Yep, second best conference in football!

Nov 23, 2010
OKC
The big 12's winner and runner up. They both lost to .500 and sub .500 teams. Biggest out of conference win was a four loss Florida State team. Yep, second best conference in football!
Hm... nice try, but you're wrong. OU finished 4th in the conference, you back-ass-ward hillbilly. Kansas State finished 2nd, with 2 conference losses (OSU and OU) and Baylor finished 3rd with 3 conference losses (OSU, a&m, KSU). All of those losses were to teams with winning records. That aside, we should embrace something- the common thread that OSU and Bammy were able to prove together. OSU and Bammy proved that anomalies happen.. OSU lost to ISU and Bammy somehow got a second chance at the title game. Soak it in, Bammy fans, it's an anomaly for a reason. You'll never see this again. Good luck trying to find your trailer park on your way home.

SEC Rules

Banned
Banned
Jan 6, 2012
Hm... nice try, but you're wrong. OU finished 4th in the conference, you back-ass-ward hillbilly. Kansas State finished 2nd, with 2 conference losses (OSU and OU) and Baylor finished 3rd with 3 conference losses (OSU, a&m, KSU). All of those losses were to teams with winning records. That aside, we should embrace something- the common thread that OSU and Bammy were able to prove together. OSU and Bammy proved that anomalies happen.. OSU lost to ISU and Bammy somehow got a second chance at the title game. Soak it in, Bammy fans, it's an anomaly for a reason. You'll never see this again. Good luck trying
to find your trailer park on your way home.
Even better! Your conference winner lost to a.500 team and your second place team got man handled by the third best team in the west division of the best conference.

One more thing though. Why was the little 12 claiming that last game between you and OK the CCG?

Nov 23, 2010
OKC
Even better! Your conference winner lost to a.500 team and your second place team got man handled by the third best team in the west division of the best conference.

One more thing though. Why was the little 12 claiming that last game between you and OK the CCG?
You're a real genius, aren't you? You're conference winner lost to the conference 3rd place loser, who gave up 21 points and over 300 yards to an FCS opponent. All the while, the Big XII was named the toughest conference. Good game, but Big XII FTW. Sec blows, and everybody knows. Now bug off and go give your sister a celebratory hump.

SEC Rules

Banned
Banned
Jan 6, 2012
You're a real genius, aren't you? You're conference winner lost to the conference 3rd place loser, who gave up 21 points and over 300 yards to an FCS opponent. All the while, the Big XII was named the toughest conference. Good game, but Big XII FTW. Sec blows, and everybody knows. Now bug off and go give your sister a celebratory hump.
How awesome must it be when the third best team in the conference is ranked number two in the country?? 6-0 in the title game. 2-0 VS the little 12 in the title game. 2-0 VS the little 12 this year. How does the SEC's azz smell?