The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Don't make this particular story about race. it will make you look silly.

The pressure on Manchin in this story comes from
Nick Saban
Jerry West - The Logo
Oliver Luck - NFL retired
Darryl Tally - NFL Retired
Paul Tagliabue - former NFL Commissioner
Huh? You're pontificating on his motivations for weighing in on this issue. I'm only guessing at what those reasons might be.

Aug 16, 2012
I was more interested in why college sports coaches think they have the power to move Manchin on this topic?
I found it a rather odd approach.
What ethnicity are the majority of his players?
IMO, this is exactly right. Have to give the appearance of being sympathetic so as not to offend those he is dependent on. This is the opposite of what we saw happen here 18 months ago with the OAN shirt.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Don't make this particular story about race. it will make you look silly.

The pressure on Manchin in this story comes from
Nick Saban
Jerry West - The Logo
Oliver Luck - NFL retired
Darryl Tally - NFL Retired
Paul Tagliabue - former NFL Commissioner
I think the point was that Nick Saban very well may realize that his statement isn't going to pressure Manchin one bit on the voting rights bill, but it is nevertheless in his interest to make the statement he did to build good will and credibility with his African American players and recruits.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I think the point was that Nick Saban very well may realize that his statement isn't going to pressure Manchin one bit on the voting rights bill, but it is nevertheless in his interest to make the statement he did to build good will and credibility with his African American players and recruits.
if that is the end game, then why wait until we are 3-4 weeks into the Manchin debacle and then drag all these other people into it?

If he wanted to build credibility with African American players and their families. He should have done this in the 1st week and on his own. If your main driver is to build that credibility then you do it on your own and not with a group of people and certainly not several weeks into the issue. Right ? I mean doesn't that do the opposite than build credibility? And if he is doing so just to build credibility why is he the only one taking time out to add a section just personally for himself supporting keeping the filibuster intact which is the SAME exact position as Manchin?

Sep 12, 2008
"Most Americans say the United States is “more divided” one year into President Biden’s presidency, a Rasmussen Reports survey released Wednesday found.

The survey asked respondents, “Has America become more united or more divided since Biden became president, or has it remained about the same?”

Overall, 57 percent said the country has become “more divided” since Biden became president, followed by 30 percent who said it has “remained about the same” and 12 percent who said “more united.” "

I know some people had hopes for a more unified America... What do you think? more divided? same? or more united?

I'm inclined to think its about the same.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
"Most Americans say the United States is “more divided” one year into President Biden’s presidency, a Rasmussen Reports survey released Wednesday found.

The survey asked respondents, “Has America become more united or more divided since Biden became president, or has it remained about the same?”

Overall, 57 percent said the country has become “more divided” since Biden became president, followed by 30 percent who said it has “remained about the same” and 12 percent who said “more united.” "

I know some people had hopes for a more unified America... What do you think? more divided? same? or more united?

I'm inclined to think its about the same.
Trump held a rally in AZ this week where he made his claims the election was stolen. He is doing his best impression of Hillary right now.

Until people like Hillary and Trump stop their stupid crap, then we will remain and continue to grow divided

Aug 16, 2012
if that is the end game, then why wait until we are 3-4 weeks into the Manchin debacle and then drag all these other people into it?

If he wanted to build credibility with African American players and their families. He should have done this in the 1st week and on his own. If your main driver is to build that credibility then you do it on your own and not with a group of people and certainly not several weeks into the issue. Right ? I mean doesn't that do the opposite than build credibility? And if he is doing so just to build credibility why is he the only one taking time out to add a section just personally for himself supporting keeping the filibuster intact which is the SAME exact position as Manchin?
Maybe he has been a little preoccupied up until last week?

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004

Your second paragraph fundamentally misreads the best time to come out publicly on an issue. You do that when the issue is really fully on the front burner...this one is at that point now. Also, he's been a little preoccupied in the previous three weeks hasn't he? Had a pretty important football game if I recall correctly.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You accused someone else of trying to make this "about race". I'm offering an alternative interpretation of what they said as not being "about race".

I don't really care whether you accept it or agree. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I was more interested in why college sports coaches think they have the power to move Manchin on this topic?
I found it a rather odd approach.
He's no different than any other celebrity, he says something and the press puts it in print.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Trump held a rally in AZ this week where he made his claims the election was stolen. He is doing his best impression of Hillary right now.

Until people like Hillary and Trump stop their stupid crap, then we will remain and continue to grow divided
Have you asked Al Gore his thoughts on the 2000 election? I'm guessing he still thinks he got cheated. The last one that probably thinks he didn't get cheated was George H. W. Bush...

I still think the FG in 2011 at Iowa State was good....

Do you find it ironic that the Democrats call the 2020 election the most fair in our history but at the same time telling us it's the downfall of our democracy.... You're being played.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
He's no different than any other celebrity, he says something and the press puts it in print.
They wrote him a letter together as a group

And Saban wrote a PS on it that he supported the voting rights bill but also did not supporting ending the filibuster.

Engaging in a letter and group like that is something more than just something the press picked up and printed

Last edited:

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
They wrote him a letter together as a group

And Saban wrote a PS on it that he supported the voting rights bill but also did not supporting ending the filibuster.

Engaging in a letter and group like that is something more than just something the press picked up and printed
Looks to me as if someone with political motivation wrote a letter and went looking for signatures.

The questions remains, who doesn't have the right to vote?

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow

Neither Trump nor Hillary have anything close to a media following to divide this country. The only person currently doing that is the Big Guy, and he’s not doing much to disguise that fact.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Have you asked Al Gore his thoughts on the 2000 election? I'm guessing he still thinks he got cheated. The last one that probably thinks he didn't get cheated was George H. W. Bush...

I still think the FG in 2011 at Iowa State was good....

Do you find it ironic that the Democrats call the 2020 election the most fair in our history but at the same time telling us it's the downfall of our democracy.... You're being played.
And they’re trying to play the same game with Black voters, trying to make the case they’re being restricted from voting and that while they are smart enough to obtain a vaccine and proof of such, somehow they’re just too stupid to obtain, or cannot otherwise obtain some kind of identification to vote.

Last edited:

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Neither Trump nor Hillary have anything close to a media following to divide this country. The only person currently doing that is the Big Guy, and he’s not doing much to disguise that fact.
I can’t believe you typed this with a straight face.

Trump doesn’t have enough of a media following to divide this country? :blink:

Got any more oceanfront property in Arizona you’d like to try and sell.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Did anyone watch Biden's press conference and have positive vibes from it? I just found it sad. Maybe having press conference's is not a good idea anymore.
I haven’t witnessed a single event at which Biden spoke that I came away with positive vibes. Primarily because he has virtually nothing positive to promote unless he lies about it.