The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Why do citizens of this country, who care about politics, perpetually focus the light on whomever the president is? Do people understand how our government actually operates, and how the government was founded? The whole point of that whole Revolutionary war? Anyone know?

The spotlight should be on Congress. That's the actual entity that runs this country, not the US president. A US president is vastly weak, as the powers are bestowed upon Congress and, gasp, the citizens. Yes, the US Constitution enables Congress AND citizens with more power than a president. Flashforward couple hundred years and the establishment has successfully brainwashed its citizens to focus on a president instead of the real power of the US government.

Obviously, a US president has some power, but its rightfully weak, yet somehow, mainly through movies and whatnot ("We gotta protect the president!"), citizens of this country somehow think the US president is the most powerful position on earth. In reality tho, the president is basically a spokesperson, and a distraction to keep the focus on the president, whilst the US congress continues unchecked by US citizens.
Starting to see a pattern here. Almost as if federally elected leadership not only sucks across the board but also across time.
Beat you to it.

Mar 11, 2006
Apparently this WaPo reporter fell for Biden’s tweet about $3.5T doesn’t cost anything. And unsurprisingly, CNN‘s Brian Steltzer does not call her out for that.
This really is childhood logic. Money is magic.
It reminds me of my daughter years ago. She found it great nearly everytime we went to a store that I got paid (she thought the change I received back from buying something was me making money). :D
https://twitter.com/robertmclaws/status/1442206481751973891?s=21

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Apparently this WaPo reporter fell for Biden’s tweet about $3.5T doesn’t cost anything. And unsurprisingly, CNN‘s Brian Steltzer does not call her out for that.
This really is childhood logic. Money is magic.
It reminds me of my daughter years ago. She found it great nearly everytime we went to a store that I got paid (she thought the change I received back from buying something was me making money). :D
https://twitter.com/robertmclaws/status/1442206481751973891?s=21
She's wrong in her thinking, but the tweet descriptor is also super misleading. It omits a sentence right in the middle of her quote saying it's not adding to the deficit. When are we going to stop this BS of misquoting people to make a point?

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Why do citizens of this country, who care about politics, perpetually focus the light on whomever the president is? Do people understand how our government actually operates, and how the government was founded? The whole point of that whole Revolutionary war? Anyone know?

The spotlight should be on Congress. That's the actual entity that runs this country, not the US president. A US president is vastly weak, as the powers are bestowed upon Congress and, gasp, the citizens. Yes, the US Constitution enables Congress AND citizens with more power than a president. Flashforward couple hundred years and the establishment has successfully brainwashed its citizens to focus on a president instead of the real power of the US government.

Obviously, a US president has some power, but its rightfully weak, yet somehow, mainly through movies and whatnot ("We gotta protect the president!"), citizens of this country somehow think the US president is the most powerful position on earth. In reality tho, the president is basically a spokesperson, and a distraction to keep the focus on the president, whilst the US congress continues unchecked by US citizens.
Ummm, you mean the congress led by Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and Kamala Harris as a senate tie-breaker?

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com

Ummm, you mean the congress led by Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and Kamala Harris as a senate tie-breaker?
Exactly lolol. Let's bring on the spotlight for congress lmao. I'm all for that.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006
She's wrong in her thinking, but the tweet descriptor is also super misleading. It omits a sentence right in the middle of her quote saying it's not adding to the deficit. When are we going to stop this BS of misquoting people to make a point?
I am all for quoting people correctly, but her interview has so much misleading information it was probably hard for the person to list everything in on tweet.

She started the interview by stating, “the top-line figure itself is misleading of $3.5T”.
When Stalter followed up by asking her why the figure is misleading she stated, “the bill itself will not cost $3.5 trillion dollars”. And that “it is not spending” and that the Congress is “no longer majority rule”.

She is acting like the money just appears out of magic. Why not just be honest and state that 10% of Americans will pay near 100% of the cost (yes, it is a cost and it is spending)?

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
and on top of it, frantically trying to spend $3.5 trillion while the government is on the brink of running out of money. Just keep spending, raising that ceiling, and passing the debt down.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Iran state media promotes video of Kamala Harris not pushing back on Israel 'ethnic genocide' claim

"I see that over the summer there have been, like, protests and demonstrations in astronomical numbers" about the Palestinian cause, the student said. She went on to note how "just a few days ago there were funds allocated to continue backing Israel, which hurts my heart because it's ethnic genocide and displacement of people, the same that happened in America, and I'm sure you're aware of this."

Harris praised student after her remarks: 'Your truth should not be suppressed'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/iran-...-pushing-back-on-israel-ethnic-genocide-claim

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009