The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 14, 2011
Jen Psaki violates Hatch Act

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ps...fully-following-hatch-act-violation-complaint

Sonny Perdue was fined for a violation of the Hatch Act. I guess everyone supports similar treatment for Psaki?
Yes, of course she should have the exact same treatment. How hard is it to want consequences for those who break the law? You think that just because she works for not-your-party, everyone will be cool with skirting the rules? Man, you are thick.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Yes, of course she should have the exact same treatment. How hard is it to want consequences for those who break the law? You think that just because she works for not-your-party, everyone will be cool with skirting the rules? Man, you are thick.
Not very hard for people like us; now the folks in California, Oregon, Illinois, Washington, NYC, and D.C., that's a different story.

Mar 11, 2006
What a horrible last 24 hours from our last President and this President.
First, Trump is downright disgusting with his comments about Powell after his passing. And then Biden’s press secretary continues with their lying to the American people on the cost for the Build Back plan.

The OP of this thread had as concern #8 (on the first post) that Biden would “spend money wildly, just like our last 3 presidents, and will do little to address our problematic and fiscal policies.“ Apparently, not only will he spend wildly, but he is okay with lying and being deceitful about it.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1450525058342998016?s=21

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
First, Trump is downright disgusting with his comments about Powell after his passing. And then Biden’s press secretary continues with their lying to the American people on the cost for the Build Back plan.

The OP of this thread had as concern #8 (on the first post) that Biden would “spend money wildly, just like our last 3 presidents, and will do little to address our problematic and fiscal policies.“ Apparently, not only will he spend wildly, but he is okay with lying and being deceitful about it.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1450525058342998016?s=21
668A6616-9169-468B-AA48-6D695693ABB9.jpeg

Sep 12, 2008
"Joe Biden’s average job approval rating has just hit a new low of 42 percent in the RealClearPolitics poll of polls.

In just two months, Biden collapsed from a healthy 50 percent average approval rating and 46 percent average disapproval rating to what is now 42 percent average approval rating and 51.3 percent average disapproval rating.

In other words, Biden had been four points above water. Today he is 9.3 points underwater. That’s a massive swing of 13.3 points to the negative in just eight or so weeks."

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
"Joe Biden’s average job approval rating has just hit a new low of 42 percent in the RealClearPolitics poll of polls.

In just two months, Biden collapsed from a healthy 50 percent average approval rating and 46 percent average disapproval rating to what is now 42 percent average approval rating and 51.3 percent average disapproval rating.

In other words, Biden had been four points above water. Today he is 9.3 points underwater. That’s a massive swing of 13.3 points to the negative in just eight or so weeks."
I'm sure somehow we'll soon find out it's Trump's collusion with Russia that created that large change.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater

That's why I could never vote for either one of them. I figured I would have too many moments saying to myself, "I can't believe I voted for that man!"

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Yeah, I mean, how DARE somebody take paternity leave.
It's not the fact he took paternity leave in and of itself. It's the fact that he's in a high enough position, which he willingly accepted and knew the significance of, that just declaring paternity leave then virtually disappearing won't cut it. He certainly doesn't have to terminate the leave, but in his position and given the circumstances he has an obligation to make himself available enough to help get this thing under control. But then again, that's the DNA of this administration, just disappear and fiddle while Rome burns. At least Psaki has the chops to show up for the good and bad.

Mar 11, 2006
You don’t think it is fair to raise a crooked eyebrow at someone taking paternity leave in that situation? C’mon.

You may disagree, but questioning Mayor Pete‘s decision to take paternity leave (near 2 months) in this situation is absolutely fair game.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
...meanwhile Psaki and the Chief of Staff downplay supply chain issues while Buttigieg is at home on paternity leave.
So he's spending time helping his wife heal from the birth of their child huh? For 2 months? Never got that much time from any job I had while my wife was healing up.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
So he's spending time helping his wife heal from the birth of their child huh? For 2 months? Never got that much time from any job I had while my wife was healing up.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Yeah, my wife was back in class one week after having our first one and she actually squeezed a big headed kid out. It’s ridiculous and everyone knows it. But nobody wants to say it. Clown world.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
It's not the fact he took paternity leave in and of itself. It's the fact that he's in a high enough position, which he willingly accepted and knew the significance of, that just declaring paternity leave then virtually disappearing won't cut it. He certainly doesn't have to terminate the leave, but in his position and given the circumstances he has an obligation to make himself available enough to help get this thing under control. But then again, that's the DNA of this administration, just disappear and fiddle while Rome burns. At least Psaki has the chops to show up for the good and bad.
You don’t think it is fair to raise a crooked eyebrow at someone taking paternity leave in that situation? C’mon.

You may disagree, but questioning Mayor Pete‘s decision to take paternity leave (near 2 months) in this situation is absolutely fair game.
I think it shows both of your bias and lack of objectivity. It is ok to prioritize being with ones family during a newborn/adopted child's first couple of months. Like any other position, their direct reports can look after the day to day.

The irony here is that both of who who self-identify as conservatives or a law and order libertarian (whatever that is) want the government to come in and save the day with supply chains, when according to those ideologies, that is supposed to be addressed by the free market. Double standard anyone?

It just goes to show, economic conservatism is dead.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
This. Having a first kid is tough and if it were up to me parents would have 90-180 days paid leave to adjust. I get that he isn't a biological parent and there isn't a mom that needs to recuperate from birthing a child but, with all due respect to moms if a kid comes into your world it's going to take a bit to adjust. My oldest hated naps as an infant/toddler/now 8 year old. My youngest was easier-at 9 months he was sleeping through the night and at 5 the hardest part of bedtime is waking him up.

It's cool that an someone in the cabinet has the opportunity to deal with something that most of us have dealt with and gets a little grace in doing so. I'm sure some people will disagree but either they never had kids or they are partisan and think a guy getting time away from work to care for a small child is worth political talking points. I can't imagine how sad someone's life is to gripe about a guy getting time off work to bond with his child but that is the world we live in.