The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
Probably one of the better things he has done is held off the wolves wanting free college. .
I support the idea of free community college.

But, I am guessing you were meaning his push back against the progressives wanting to forgive college debt. I agree he deserves kudos. I am skeptical and concerned he will reverse course after mid-terms. I hope he remains firm.

Dec 9, 2013
If you believe I ignore the bad with Trump, you'd be wrong, but we're not talking about Trump because he's no longer our president. You were glad to get rid of him, you voted for Biden to replace him, he did, now he's our president who is subject to the same scrutiny the liberals put Trump through for 4 years. Do you want me to say he's a great dad and husband? Well, maybe the latter, are you happy? Tell me something legitimately good about the man as president and I might concede the point, otherwise I would accurately contend you can't see bad in Biden no matter how much you try.
I think I’ve seen you in a Jordan Klepper interview.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I will take you at your word that you believe you are a moderate. Certainly in the half-duplex communication of this board some meanings get misinterpreted. But from what I read from you on this board and your constant zzzzz… IMO, you are by far the most ardent Biden defender (and it’s not close) and appear to be very easily bothered when someone says anything remotely critical of him or his administration. And I think you would admit on the other board you would get laughed at if you claimed you were moderate.

What I find interesting is that you, and frankly at least one other, attempt to paint anyone critical of Biden… as being a Trump supporter or as you put it a Trumpie. Why is it so difficult to understand that people can be critical, or supporter, of Republicans and Democrats? This is politics which is absolutely not binary.

Here is the same challenge I gave to the other poster previously, we all have long history on this board — can you show one post that indicates I am, or ever was, a Trump supporter?
In an overwhelming majority of posts critical of Trump in the past on this board you defended against the criticism. I don’t need to quote them....you posted them....I read them.

You’re one of the most binary posters on this board.

You’re gaslighting with this nonsense.

On that “other board” I have been attacked as a right wing government stooge by more than one poster from the left for my positions on gun control, law enforcement, etc. I’ve been attacked from the echo chamber of Soone scum that have jumped on there as a “both sides” guy because I am a moderate because I evaluate issues without regards to parties and don’t pick a side. I’ve had some reasonable and rational conversations with a number of the more rational conservatives on that board and gotten/had agreement on certain issues. You mention that “other board” like that place isn’t a cesspool of irrationality at this point. Frankly, I don’t give a crap what people on that board would say about me.

I give zzz to posters when I know exactly what they are going to say before I even read their post....and you’re in that group. That’s all they deserve. No more pigeon chess for me.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
In an overwhelming majority of posts critical of Trump in the past on this board you defended against the criticism. I don’t need to quote them....you posted them....I read them.

You’re one of the most binary posters on this board.

You’re gaslighting with this nonsense.

On that “other board” I have been attacked as a right wing government stooge by more than one poster from the left for my positions on gun control, law enforcement, etc. I’ve been attacked from the echo chamber of Soone scum that have jumped on there as a “both sides” guy because I am a moderate because I evaluate issues without regards to parties and don’t pick a side. I’ve had some reasonable and rational conversations with a number of the more rational conservatives on that board and gotten/had agreement on certain issues. You mention that “other board” like that place isn’t a cesspool of irrationality at this point. Frankly, I don’t give a crap what people on that board would say about me.

I give zzz to posters when I know exactly what they are going to say before I even read their post....and you’re in that group.
No you are never attacked by anyone from the left. I get why you don’t like the “other board”, but you are never attacked from posters on the left..not a soul thinks you are right wing…and no one thinks you are moderate. Your lack of self-awareness is astounding. But consistent.

Last edited:

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
No you are never attacked by anyone from the left. I get why you don’t like the “other board”, but you are never attacked from posters on the left..not a soul thinks you are right wing…and no one thinks you are moderate. Your lack of self-awareness is astounding. But consistent.
Now you are a damned liar in addition to a pigeon and an idiot.

Last edited:
Supply chain stuff is getting worse before it gets better. I needed 4 air filters for the vehicles this weekend. After stops at 3 different auto parts stores I finally found what I needed.

Today I wanted to add some lights to my daughters show calf barn. Half of the electrical shelves in Lowe’s are empty.

I have a friend who had to go to three different tire shops just to get a complete set for his truck. How long until we start to feel like the Cubans and have to salvage parts off of old vehicles just to make what we have run again?

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Each time my wife comes home from the grocery store she complains about the lack of products. Even the Target workers said they have no idea when anything will come in.

Mar 11, 2006
Last edited:

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
We are a nation of 330 million people. Our leaders have come up with a spending plan so unaffordable that we have to have a plan targeted at only ~700 people pay for it. Not by taxing more of what they make, but by taxing “unrealized gains”.
How does this work for someone owning a Monet?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/u-billionaire-tax-proposal-seems-090336660.html
It occurs to me that it would actually push money out of easily valued assets such as stock portfolios and into something like Monet ‘s that are more difficult to value. Just my take. The only thing I’m certain of is that the billionaires have already figured a way around it and the democrats knew that before they started. They continue to operate under the assumption that the average taxpayer is too dumb to figure out that they are about to get it ran right up their arse. So far that strategy seems to be working.

Nov 23, 2010
It occurs to me that it would actually push money out of easily valued assets such as stock portfolios and into something like Monet ‘s that are more difficult to value. Just my take. The only thing I’m certain of is that the billionaires have already figured a way around it and the democrats knew that before they started. They continue to operate under the assumption that the average taxpayer is too dumb to figure out that they are about to get it ran right up their arse. So far that strategy seems to be working.
Previous plans have allowed for you to say you don't have sufficient cash on hand to pay it and kick the can down the road. A loophole so large it makes the tax pointless.

I believe most European countries who have had a wealth tax have given up on it. Weird this isn't a lesson we shouldn't take from Europe.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Previous plans have allowed for you to say you don't have sufficient cash on hand to pay it and kick the can down the road. A loophole so large it makes the tax pointless.

I believe most European countries who have had a wealth tax have given up on it. Weird this isn't a lesson we shouldn't take from Europe.
They can’t sell their programs and get re-elected pitching 50% income taxes on the masses. I think a large percentage of middle class and upper middle class who have investments understand they will eventually be paying this tax as well

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
This whole plan assumes values will always go up and never down. What happens on the down years? Where does the revenue shortfalls on those years come from?
More so if a market crash like in 2008 happens is that a write-off of unrealized losses? I would think that would only be fair to count it both directions for unrealized losses and unrealized gains.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
More so if a market crash like in 2008 happens is that a write-off of unrealized losses? I would think that would only be fair to count it both directions for unrealized losses and unrealized gains.
Great point and my first thought when all this nonsense started. I thought this WSJ article made some great points on this bill’s probable effects on real estate and the ripple effects through the entire economy.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/democr...xg149mpkwn6us5j&reflink=article_copyURL_share

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
We are a nation of 330 million people. Our leaders have come up with a spending plan so unaffordable that we have to have a plan targeted at only ~700 people pay for it. Not by taxing more of what they make, but by taxing “unrealized gains”.
How does this work for someone owning a Monet?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/u-billionaire-tax-proposal-seems-090336660.html
Am I crazy for thinking that taxes should only be required when money actually changes hands?? Seems like this would actually discourage people from investing.

Mar 11, 2006
Am I crazy for thinking that taxes should only be required when money actually changes hands?? Seems like this would actually discourage people from investing.
Discouraging some billionaires in investing in the market and moving investments to ranches, artwork, etc -- is one reason Romney pointed out why he thought taxing "unrealized gains" was a bad idea.

And you are 100% spot-on about money actually changing hands (that is a good way to describe it) --- that is the difference between unrealized and realized gains.

Taxing unrealized gains is taxing an estimate of how much something is worth even though the investor has not yet benefited from the investment. Money has not changed hands.
Taxing realized gains is taxing the exact amount of how much someone has benefited from an investment. In the stock market, someone has paid for a stock that someone sold. Money changed hands.