The bowl games thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 9, 2013
I’ve tried to be a loyal Big XII supporter, but I just can’t root against the service academy. Maybe if it was a team other than WV.
except several Army football players were part of the largest honor code violation in Army history. 73 cadets caught cheating on a calculus test. And what used to be a summary dismissal for an honor code violation, West Point is under fire for trying to 'rehabilitate the cheaters. Honor code at West Point: A cadet will not lie, cheat, or steal, or tolerate anyone that does."

This isnt your father's Army.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
FLA coach Mullins making a joke of himself
Saying they could have canceled their game “due to numbers”.
When pressed he said they only had 60 players.
When pointed out the minimum is 53, not 60 he said well we were thin at DL. Again wen pressed he admitted they had the min number available at DL but he was really short at DB.
Then he was reminded that there is no min for DBs .... ... what a puss

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
except several Army football players were part of the largest honor code violation in Army history. 73 cadets caught cheating on a calculus test. And what used to be a summary dismissal for an honor code violation, West Point is under fire for trying to 'rehabilitate the cheaters. Honor code at West Point: A cadet will not lie, cheat, or steal, or tolerate anyone that does."

You are correct, I had forgotten about the cheating. And I REALLY hate the idea of a rehab attempt, however, I won’t hold the foolish actions of 73 stand in the way of support for the of the remainder of the Corps of Cadets who appreciate and follow the code.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014

if you are caught cheating at any university, would you not lose credit in that class or possibly be expelled? If these kids cheated, shame on them, but didn't we all cheat in HS or college? oh, that was just me?! nvrmnd

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
if you are caught cheating at any university, would you not lose credit in that class or possibly be expelled? If these kids cheated, shame on them, but didn't we all cheat in HS or college? oh, that was just me?! nvrmnd
When you or I got test copies or other nefarious activities our story didn't make national news. One article said most of the compromised cadets were football players. I don't know if that is truth or supposition

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
So one Big 12 Bowl left:

oSu/Miami Won

Texas/Colorado Won

ou/Florida Won

West Virginia/Army Won

TCU/Arkansas Cancelled

Iowa State/Oregon Jan 2nd

Go Cyclones...make it 5-0 for the Big 12

Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK

I actually taught calculus at West Point a LONG TIME AGO. I need to read up on this incident. When I was there they were just coming off The Borman Commission Report on the cheating scandal. The worst incident I had was a young man who didn't come to class, lied and said he was sick, and it turned out he didn't want to take the test that day. Lying was frowned upon but didn't always get you kicked out.

Mar 8, 2010
I couldn't pull against Army either. Glad WVU won but I had mixed emotions about it. These guys are not your typical college students and have a sense of duty to country that I wished more of our college age kids had these days. Heaven forbid if WW III broke out tomorrow I wonder how many movie stars and professional athletes would volunteer to serve in the military like so many did during WW II?