The bowl games thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 23, 2010
Vermont
When you or I got test copies or other nefarious activities our story didn't make national news. One article said most of the compromised cadets were football players. I don't know if that is truth or supposition
This is old, it's a Professor informing student in his class were caught cheating on the midterm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbzJTTDO9f4

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Hope nobody fell for that “we know who you are so turn yourself in” threat. BS
If they knew beyond a doubt, they wouldn’t put out the “turn yourself in and we’ll not put it on your record” bit.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
With a brilliant offensive line coaching job by Tuttle native and former Kingfisher high school coach Josh Henson the Aggies are able to add to the ACC post season pain and defeat NC

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Hope nobody fell for that “we know who you are so turn yourself in” threat. BS
If they knew beyond a doubt, they wouldn’t put out the “turn yourself in and we’ll not put it on your record” bit.
Pretty high stakes poker though to count on him bluffing.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Pretty high stakes poker though to count on him bluffing.
Well, please enlighten me on how the could "prove" that a student cheated ? As you say, pretty "high stakes" to make a ruling w/o flawless evidence.

Some one gave you the test/answers ? I didn't use them
You gave the test/answers to someone else? I didn't use them
Your grade was much higher than your other grades. I studied

The only way to "prove" you cheated is to admit to it.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Well, please enlighten me on how the could "prove" that a student cheated ? As you say, pretty "high stakes" to make a ruling w/o flawless evidence.

I don't know. I probably wouldn't have admitted it. But I wouldn't have slept much for a while either.

I guess the best proof is when they retake it if your grade drops dramatically.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

There's other ways, such as giving several different versions of the test with only the multiple choice answers switched. It really screws up a Chester's grade.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
If I was one of those students who didn’t cheat, and let’s say I’m happy with my grade, I’d be telling the Prof. that if he’s certain enough he’ll know soon who took place in the cheating, then he should also know who DIDN’T cheat, and to exempt me from the 2nd exam

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
B1G now campaigning to delay the Championship Game due to tOSU Covid issues.

Didn't think it was possible, but my disdain for tOSU & the B1G continues to grow. I would root for N. Korea over tOSU at this point. Talk about a conference shouting it out to the world which school is the important one, good lord.