The Jacob Blake thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 14, 2006
Info came out that the cops did the right thing. Only rumors allowed if the facts don't fit the narrative.

Odds this gets deleted as well?

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
We will try to leave this one up but if it turns out like the last one it will be deleted also. Pleas see the thread at the top of the political forum for clarity

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
What clarity? No one is quite sure what gets a thread nuked and users banned at this point. Did Ryno get banned for something he posted in the deleted thread or did he get banned for asking the question with this thread?

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
What clarity? No one is quite sure what gets a thread nuked and users banned at this point. Did Ryno get banned for something he posted in the deleted thread or did he get banned for asking the question with this thread?
Are far as individual bans we don’t discuss them.

We have to spend more time moderating thread on the political forum. This forum is becoming to toxic and that the casual racism, misogyny, sexism and hate are starting to seep into other areas of the board; first and foremost we are a sports board. If a thread has been deleted don’t start it again or it will be a ban. There may be other changes as we move OP back to a a more family friendly and civil direction.
Hi everyone, we wanted to update you on how the clean up is going. 10 members have been banned for content that is problematic or posted to cause problems, blatant stuff. Where are now is posts that push up to edge or whose only purpose seems to play gotcha or one-upsmen-ship. This needs to stop also and the best way to do is for the posters to stop posting it or think about why and why you are posting.

We would like this place to stop being a problem and eyesore. It can keep getting better or leave, which has happened in other sports boards, which is what OP is.

There are some current threads that are on close to being gone, your content will decide if they stay or go.

Mar 11, 2006
I guess I missed something. It appears the police thread was deleted. I just saw it earlier this afternoon and nothing I read remotely would lead to being banned.

Jan 14, 2006
I guess I missed something. It appears the police thread was deleted. I just saw it earlier this afternoon and nothing I read remotely would lead to being banned.
Reminds me of how everyone wanted transparency from the police so they all started wearing cameras and letting the media film them on shows like Live PD and Cops. The problem was that the videos showed the cops continually doing a great job and the truth didn't fit the narrative so they were canceled.

I've got good friends who are police officers so I'm biased toward them but I've ridden with them a bunch and would suggest that all of you who think you know better, go to your local police station and sign up for a ride. It will change you.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
They are probably just going to have to shut down this forum, people are stressed out and bored and it shows
It's probably inevitable. If people can't have a civil discussion then maybe it just needs to go away.

Usually with politics, no one wants to hear your opinion. They want to hear their opinion coming out of your mouth.

Oct 30, 2007
They are probably just going to have to shut down this forum, people are stressed out and bored and it shows
I sure hope not. I think that would be a huge mistake. The political board is by far the most active part of this site outside of football season. Site traffic would probably die down significantly if it was shut down. A lot sites like this have died off over the years, and I don't want to see the same thing happen here.

I appreciate the job that the moderators do. They have a hard job right now due to the social justice & pandemic arguments. We'll get past this though. Hopefully they'll just enforce the rules and permaban the people that break them too often.

Mar 11, 2006
Eight (8) St. Louis police officers have been shot ....since June 1st of this year. How does one police department have eight officers shot in the last 90 days and this is never reported on CNN?